2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Macbook To Produce Lessons.., Anyone uses one? I need a new computer, help!
post Nov 18 2008, 06:24 AM
Post #21

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.393

QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Nov 17 2008, 08:27 AM) *
Thanks for all the advice.. I'm pretty pumped about getting a Mac now.. Still need to save up though! :-)

Save up? Just ask for a bail out. Your guitar playing is too big for this country to lose.....or something like that.

Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Dec 23 2008, 01:46 PM
Post #22

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 6.436

QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Nov 16 2008, 08:00 AM) *
Hi everyone,

my desktop PC is starting to be old and is now starting to make creating lessons for GMC not as enjoyable as it used to be...
Mostly working with editing and rendering video is a pain. It takes forever!

I also need a laptop to be able to work from anywhere, but don't want to invest in it if it won't do the job right... I'm thinking Macbook or Macbook pro. But it is a big step as I've always been a PC guy.

Anyways, for those of you having experience with a Macbook, can you tell me how well it works for you? The quality of the built in ISight seems really good too, but would it be good enough to produce GMC videos? What are your experiences with it? How about editing videos, how fast would rendering the vids be?

Right now I am using a single core desktop PC with 2.8G and 1.75 Ram..
It is getting really slow.. Would a Macbook allow me to do all that faster?

I don't have a Macbook, but just an iMac and it is surprisingly good for recording videos. The built-in camera and microphone capture sound and video pretty decently and i use iMovie to edit. So, for me it is all very simple and easy with the mac, however you probably need much more quality programs and video so im not sure if it is capable of this (honestly the camera is okay, but i donno if itd be as good as what you had before)
+Quote Post
post Dec 23 2008, 02:58 PM
Post #23

Accomplished Tone Master
Group Icon

Group: GMC Wiki:er
Member No.: 3.866

I have tried macbooks and they seem quite good except you can't click the mouse pad like a mouse you have to rpess one of the buttons.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2016 - 05:36 PM