Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyone Want To Help A Recording Novice?, Using Adobe Audition 3
Retribution
post Nov 25 2008, 03:46 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.834

I received Adobe Audition as a gift from a friend to use for recording, but I can't figure out how to record sound. My problem seems to be more general, though, not necessarily with Adobe Audition.

I'll be recording through a Boss GT-10 pedal, but my brother was also going to record his keyboard. We we're going stream the audio through a USB 2.0 cable, but can't seem to get any sound. I was prepared to possibly switch a few settings around in order to have it read the USB cable, but I can't seem to do that for the life of me.

This is what I've been changing:

I can get a sound through Microphone and SPDIF, but it's through the microphone and sounds awful. I've tried putting it on Line-in, which seemed like the best choice, but got nothing. Tried the other methods and still no cigar.

Is there something else I should be looking at? My Audition audio hardware setup page looks like this:

I appreciate any helps or tips you guys may have! In the mean time, I'll keep tinkering and see if I strike gold. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
post Nov 25 2008, 04:22 AM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 5.625

Do you have a on-board audio card?
If you select line-in you should hear something when you play. Recently I've teaching digital audio to one of my particular students and she had a Sound Blaster Live that had NOTHING in the output because it didn't had a pre-amp. That could be one problem (that shouldn't happend but sometimes it do); if that's the problem you can check it by connecting a PC-speaker (those have a pre-amp).
Try connecting the guitar to the line-in and if you don't hear anything could be that the input is broken, also could be that you also don't have a pre-amp.
Those are a few tips.
From here is very difficult to run a technical support but also could be the driver configuration...try the other possibilities.
I hope some of those could help you. If they don't maybe if you add more pics of your setup something else occurs to me...
Good luck with the recording.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Retribution
post Nov 25 2008, 05:15 AM
Post #3

GMC:er

Member No.: 3.834

Thanks for the reply.

After more tinkering, I found the problem... and I feel like an idiot. I was putting the GT-10 as the input, but wasn't selecting it in Audition as my source of input. No wonder it kept coming through the microphone and not my pedal. laugh.gif

I'm still tweaking a few things here and there trying to get the sounds I'm looking for, and I'll be sure to ask you good people here if I run into more trouble. smile.gif

Thanks.

+Quote Post
muntahunta
post Nov 25 2008, 05:58 AM
Post #4

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 2.713

audition is a great tool. i use it with my POD X3, plenty of things to mess around with and its brilliant for begginer recrding

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Nov 25 2008, 02:01 PM
Post #5

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.341

You were using your integrated sound card instead of marking GT as your sound driver.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th January 2017 - 11:22 PM