> Pod X3 Or Not.
Gus
post Nov 30 2008, 08:01 PM
Post #21

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 3.920

Hey, I think you should try to realize what you want your device for now and what is going to be the use in the future.

To me POD X3 the perfect solution cause I have no amp and I don't intend to buy any amp any soon (unless I start serious giging). Still after that I know I will be using as recording device and effects complement.
So right now, POD is the only thing I use besides guitar and in the future I intend to use exactly as Gabriel.
Best POD sound I get is over ultra-quality headphones. that is "orgasmic". So yes, I am considering buying a monitor in the future (if it works for keyboards it should work for POD). Over PA you are going to need to readjust EQ and over amp I never tried.

Guitar rig on my view is even more recording oriented than POD. I am not sure, but I think if you want to use it live you need to take a laptop for your gig blink.gif

I love the POD but I suggest you take more time to make your decision and take a look also on Boss GT-10 and separate pedals to see if they fit more your needs than the POD.

This post has been edited by Gus: Nov 30 2008, 08:02 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
besip
post Nov 30 2008, 11:38 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.798

so it's strong recomedations to provide good sound to play over Monitor speakers?????
i'm asking becouse i'm aslo like podx3 and maybe wana buy it...i'm not guy who can set good sound on my amp so probaly when i'm be try to get good sound when i'm be using podx3 over my Vox xt don't be good ID...becouse also amp has own volume tone balence knobs and find the right sound can't be easy

actualy somebody also recomedet to me to buy active speakers{on case i'm buy pod} it's there so big adavntage and disadvatage betwen active and pasive speakers??

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Fran
post Dec 1 2008, 12:35 AM
Post #23

Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 3.338

QUOTE (besip @ Nov 30 2008, 11:38 PM) *
actualy somebody also recomedet to me to buy active speakers{on case i'm buy pod} it's there so big adavntage and disadvatage betwen active and pasive speakers??

To use them with a POD you'll need active speakers. Active speakers are powered speakers, while passive would need an external amplifier power them. On other words, passive speakers wouldn't even sound connected to a POD. Someone correct me if i'm wrong!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
besip
post Jun 10 2009, 05:43 AM
Post #24

you all made me scarry biggrin.gif

I almost ready to buy the podX3 but looks like there can be problem with hi-gain distorsion when i go play with Pod over my Amp..actualy i'm guy who like all kind of music from death Thrash metal to Blues..Money is always problem so i was belive with buying X3 i will shut-up my self for long time but looks like i'm geting scare when i'm listen abouth the distorsion when i be play over amp and no monitor speakers

1/it is really so bad??? when we play some hard thrash stuff with pod over amp
2/somebody here say yeaahh you can say good there is few amp around create for pod..it's a true???{so mostly thats be probably Line 6 amps right}????
3/it's there some multiefect what be can sound great no mather{distorsion-Hi} what if we conect him to amp{maybe BossGT 10??}
4/can i say what kind of price range monitors will be sound better on distorsion from pod than pod conected to my Vox for example???

i know there is better way how sound good...buy X3-monitor speakers and later tube amp laugh.gif but like i wrote before money is always problem..actualy i reeally like the thing that Pod has a hudge comunity here and is nice to share setings and also Pod can help me find the right tube amp but !!!!! there is always but biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
besip
post Jun 10 2009, 08:54 PM
Post #25

nobodyyy tongue.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2017 - 01:42 PM