timono
post Nov 30 2008, 09:13 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.256

hey guys,

need your help again smile.gif
me and a bandmate have to do a project for school where we have to help a music therapeut (hope thats the right word) in a nursing home for people with a disease where your short term memory is bad (the illness is called dementie in dutch don't know if you recognise it or if there are any other dutch people here who can translate it for me).

so we help her sort of organise a mixed group of patients and nurses to sing in a group (they sing we and the therapeut sing and play the music). because it's nearly christmass we will play mainly christmass songs, but the therapeut asked me and my friend if we could also play something different together or with the whole band. The others thought it was a good idea so we are going to do it with the whole band. but here comes the problem, we can't play our normal songs cause they are too loud for these old people.

so our problem is, we need to have a few songs that aren't too hard to learn quickly and isn't too loud for the patients, but still is fun to play/hear for the other nurses.

so you guys have any suggestions

Timon

P.S. i know its a bit long of a text but thought i needed to explain a few things tongue.gif

P.P.S this will be our first gig laugh.gif

This post has been edited by timono: Nov 30 2008, 09:13 PM

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550 EGK Presige, Essex wannabe Gibson guitar (don't know the full name), Alhambra acoustic guitar

Amps: Marshall MG 50DFX, Evans sound creator (50 watt), Orange crush 10

Effect pedals: Korg AX1500G

record stuff: Line 6 toneport UX1

Piano: Yamaha P-85

Wishlist:

Ibanez Jem 7V!!!!!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tolek
post Nov 30 2008, 10:00 PM
Post #2

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 1.402

Nothing else matters (without the heavier part biggrin.gif), some Eric Clapton (Tears in Heaven, Layla, Change the World,...), Beatles...

me and a bandmate have to do a project for school where we have to help a music therapeut (hope thats the right word) in a nursing home for people with a disease where your short term memory is bad (the illness is called dementie in dutch don't know if you recognise it or if there are any other dutch people here who can translate it for me).

I´m pretty sure that you mean Alzheimer.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th March 2017 - 02:47 PM