Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mhskeide
post Apr 17 2009, 04:08 PM
Post #122

Experienced Tone Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.482

I have decided to signup as well since I need the motivation and extra teaching tongue.gif
I don`t have any particularly good videos of myself right now, will post within the weekend smile.gif

--------------------
"Some epic qoute" - Epic dude

+Quote Post
Karl-ss
post Apr 28 2009, 05:00 PM
Post #123

GMC:er

Member No.: 5.821

Ill have the video up cause i could use some help

--------------------
METAL UP YOURS!

+Quote Post
Karl-ss
post Apr 28 2009, 06:07 PM
Post #124

Member No.: 5.821

Im not amazing, i would like to learn the phrygian major mode and mainly just learn to become a better lead guitarist.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z5ebz7lrPA

This post has been edited by Karl-ss: Apr 28 2009, 07:03 PM

--------------------
METAL UP YOURS!

+Quote Post
voxel
post Apr 28 2009, 06:47 PM
Post #125

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 5.789

is this still open? if so I would like to participate, in getting help and to evolve enough to give help!
No big show-all movie yet of me but keep an eye on the REC-board, I am trying out some ratings...

I play (and like )about everything, but still have to make some major key-improvements, especially cleanness (vibratos and tonal purity) an real understanding of how scales and chords work. oh and better speed i could use too.
I like the REC cuz it gives an indication of my physical way of playing, and it seems to be as expected, I need to improve.

So if this still is active, check
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jspY0q1yrDI

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmMme5OFr_A

+Quote Post
valleyofben
post Apr 30 2009, 07:59 PM
Post #126

Member No.: 7.120

hey, do i need to post a video? my webcam is very slow and out dated. it would basically be only sound. but i would love to learn from someone, especially ian bushell. he's my favorite instructor on here :] let me know. if needed ill post a crappy video later.

+Quote Post
Pavlov
post May 2 2009, 05:43 PM
Post #127

Member No.: 6.171

QUOTE (Pavlov @ Mar 8 2009, 08:28 PM) *
Hello!

I'd like to join the MTP program too. Unfortunately, currently I can't make a video as I have to buy a new camera. My technique isn't that much to see either. I can play a great deal of open/barre chords and switch effortlessly between them, and I finished the first lesson of the pentatonics workshop with some degree of speed. I can play easy chord progression songs (Times like these acoustic, Foo Fighters) and most Nirvana stuff pretty well.

I'd like to achieve being able to do bluesy but mostly James Brown/Frusciante funky improvisations, good clean and rock rhythm playing, exotic 'chording', and playing most of RHCP's songs and one day making songs like that, too. Other styles of bands I'd like to master is Foo Fighters-esque rock, Rolling Stones stuff, and maybe some Hendrix if I will be able to manage that.

Thanks.

I finally have some videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q74AyxD38pg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B1dDTotzWo

+Quote Post
Vince Pergolizzi
post May 2 2009, 10:28 PM
Post #128

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 7.125

Im hoping to become a student in this program, I played guitar for about 2 years and then stopped for a couple years. Now Im abit older, wiser and very keen to get playing again.

I dont have much to show for 2 years playing, mostly because my practice back then was just jamming around the pentatonic box and learning the occassional song. But I would still say Im very much a beginner in terms of both skill and knowledge.

I know a little bit of theory, I can identify the notes on the neck (although I dont have the neck fully memorised yet so it takes me a couple seconds to work it out) and I know some basics about the major scale and constructing the more commonly used chords such as majors, minors, 7ths, minor 7ths etc.

Im into most types of music, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Hendrix, RATM, Iron Maiden etc. etc. love most stuff with a nice riff or cool solo. Just want to improve my playing overall really. Learn more songs, be able to do cool solos!

I will upload a video of my playing tomorrow for you guys to see.

Thanks,
Vince.

---

here is video of my playing, not very good I know sad.gif

This post has been edited by Vince Pergolizzi: May 23 2009, 08:07 PM

--------------------
Gear
1985 MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster (HSS, System 2 bridge)
Squier P-Bass
Laney RB2 Bass Amp
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal

+Quote Post
Metal Massacre
post May 5 2009, 12:22 AM
Post #129

Member No.: 7.135

I so need a mentor after kidding myself for years all I want to play is rhythm guitar I really want to get good at solo both metal and blues but I need some serious help..Here is a video of my playing hope it works.

This post has been edited by Metal Massacre: May 5 2009, 12:31 AM

+Quote Post
newbee
post May 5 2009, 09:57 PM
Post #130

Member No.: 7.139

I would love to do a video of me playing because that would mean i could play tongue.gif But with that being said i have to learn to play first so if you can help i would love it

+Quote Post
Murloc
post May 9 2009, 08:22 PM
Post #131

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 7.156

I need a mentor and my situation is about the same as the one in the post above me. I know how to hold the pick and how to hold the guitar and some different chords and such, but otherwise my knowledge is zero. I struggle with the difficulty 2 lessons. I am the metal/hard rock kind of guy, but sometimes I may want to play some softer stuff too. I am into bands like metallica and iron maiden. Dont know if this request will be answered since I got no video, I'll have to wait and see rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Murloc: May 9 2009, 08:48 PM

+Quote Post
maharzan
post May 12 2009, 05:48 PM
Post #132

Veteran Guitar Lord

Member No.: 7.127

I want to participate too.. Is it still open?

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
shrednbuttah
post May 20 2009, 06:44 AM
Post #133

Member No.: 6.838

QUOTE (shrednbuttah @ Apr 7 2009, 12:01 AM) *
Well lets see I'm Eddie for those of you who don't know.. have been playing guitar for about a year now and getting completly focused and dedicated. I've always loved music, and have gotten a new found sense of self when playing guitar. I want it to be an outlet to express myself. I love blues music and would love to learn bluesy style, but not at all be restricted to it.. I love all kinds of music.. metal, rock, acoustic classical.. it all suits me in one way or another. My knowledge of theory is basic.. I've gotten through about 10-15 of andrews articles and comprehend most of it, but can't connect a lot of the knowledge and associate it in my playing. An example is pentatonic, Ivans first workshop video I can play everything smoothly up until 16th note triplets.. but have a hard time associating those pentatonic skills in my play. I know about 10-15 cover songs, and know my open chords and a decent amount about barre chords and am comfortable with them. What I would really like to do through the MTP is just improve all aspects of my play to make me a valuable guitarist. As of now I've just been playing through lessons like warming up w/ siepen, pentatonic workshop, blues soloing beginner, right hand basics, and know that if I just put in the hours of smart practice I will improve.. but what I want.. sadly.. is more! I want to eventually be the best! and knowing I'm no where close hurts! I just got a pod and webcam so I should be uploading a short video in the next couple days since I'm going out of town tomorrow. I can't wait for the harsh criticism smile.gif

me playing Ivans blues soloing beginner.. I really want to be in the next wave! I want to work!

--------------------
"The object of my work is to raise it above my standard"

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
post May 20 2009, 09:40 AM
Post #134

Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 2.860

QUOTE (maharzan @ May 12 2009, 05:48 PM) *
I want to participate too.. Is it still open?

still open, running a new competition at the moment, but we are needing some more entrants for the Intermediate mentor before we can continue, hopefully wont be too far away smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
chris1093
post May 21 2009, 10:27 PM
Post #135

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 6.877

I would really love to join MTP. I have been playing on and off for about four years and I really want to get serious. I'm a huge Hendrix fan and i would love to get good enough to play music like that. Right now I can only butcher them lol.

I only have two videos on my youtube channel but hopefully I will have some more soon

https://www.youtube.com/user/sixstringed245

+Quote Post
Fusar
post Jul 11 2009, 10:49 PM
Post #136

Member No.: 7.385

Wow, MTP seems to be a really cool idea!
So I'm looking for a mentor in the next time - until now I've practically no guitar experiences, so I'll work a little bit on this and then could hopefully join the MTP smile.gif

--------------------

For all who are interested, I own a Yahama Pacifica 112 and a Spider Line 6 15W Amp

+Quote Post
newguyatgmc
post Jul 12 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #137

Member No.: 7.370

Quick Question.
Who will be mentoring us. Instructors or senior members. How are they assigned. I am not sure if this information was already available, but if yes I could not find it. Could some please clarify this.

Thanks
Sarang Fegde

+Quote Post
edguy
post Jul 12 2009, 05:28 PM
Post #138

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 1.193

OK so the last post about joining the MTP programm was at May. Is there any chance to get a mentor at the moment?? I really love to be a part of this programm because i saw how many guys here have improved in this super MTP program.

Gretz Edguy

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
shrednbuttah
post Jul 13 2009, 07:54 PM
Post #139

Member No.: 6.838

Apparently the second wave is taking months upon months to get going (because of lack of intermediate mentors I guess...). I already posted in this thread and was looking for some extra motivation through the program.. oh well

--------------------
"The object of my work is to raise it above my standard"

+Quote Post
jafomatic
post Jul 13 2009, 08:12 PM
Post #140

Member No.: 7.145

QUOTE (NoSkill @ Apr 9 2009, 08:29 PM) *
Post removed by user.

I'm interested in this as well. Quoting NS for lack of responses in the thread wink.gif

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2017 - 03:42 PM