> Tinnitus
fkalich
post Dec 22 2008, 10:42 PM
Post #21

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.189

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Dec 22 2008, 03:54 PM) *
Always use earplugs, There a must. I've had tinnitus for a long time, I get my ears cleaned out by a doctor to keep them free from infection (which im proned to). Ringing in the ears doesn't neccesarily mean Tinnitus, If its for prolonged periods of time (weeks or months) then you should see a doctor. Sometimes after a show my right ear will ring for a day or two, then its gone (My left ear has a constant pitch in it). Also, If you feel any pain in the ear, or lose your equilibrium (sense of balance, makes you feel dizzy) then see an ear doctor or doctor general, Cause an inner ear infection could cause jsut that, And most of all, its curable smile.gif

I may have gotten my tinnitus (in my left ear) due to an inner ear infection. I had vertigo for several days 7 years ago. I read up on it, and read that this is probably caused by an inner ear infection, and should pass. It id. But 3 years ago on one evening I had tinnitus, and since then it has been off and on in that ear. Ginkgo helps a lot, particularly taking it on a regular schedule (60mg every 8 hours) to keep the amount in my system pretty constant. It is supposed to help the brain also, and there is no evidence of toxicity with Ginkgo. I use the stuff from Target now, not expense, and it works as well as the GNC stuff. If you have tinnitus, it is worth a try. I understand that that it is useful for people with Alzheimer's, so apparently there is something to the belief that this is good for mental activity.

http://www.healthy.net/scr/article.asp?ID=1324

edit: that might have looked like a wacky health nut site, so here is a supporting one from a Medical school regarding benefits of Ginkgo

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/ginkgo-biloba-000247.htm

While it notes conflicting research and studies, one where it was shown to be a placebo, I dispute this totally. I have carefully tested on myself whether it actually helps or not, and I am positive it does work for me. Pretty easy to tell if my ear is ringing, and if it is ringing a lot less when I do a certain thing. Placebo my ***. I suspect that one study had some serious flaw(s) in it, as many of them do. However I do believe it only helps a fraction of people, I have heard 25%.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Dec 22 2008, 10:57 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th December 2016 - 07:04 PM