> I need help, speed
beebo
post Dec 7 2006, 02:39 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 970

unsure.gif Dear Kris,
I finally made it to the forum. Anyway could you give me the main lessons in helping me improve my speed besides the guitar tapping? Thanks. Yall have a good day
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Dec 7 2006, 10:34 AM
Post #2

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (beebo @ Dec 7 2006, 04:39 AM) *
unsure.gif Dear Kris,
I finally made it to the forum. Anyway could you give me the main lessons in helping me improve my speed besides the guitar tapping? Thanks. Yall have a good day

For now I suggest you pick any pattern you can fin (perhaps in the "how to practice", "How to use a metronome" or pentatonic lessons). And work your way from some really slow speeds.

Anybody else got some advice for beebo?

My plan is that the next 101 lessons will be a speedpicking/alternate picking serie. biggrin.gif

Kris

--------------------

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
post Dec 7 2006, 12:43 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 862

Concentrate on playing the notes clearly and slowly first, then gradually increase speed. Using a metronome makes this alot easier.

A speed picking lesson would be great!! When you consider that we just had a phrasing lesson not too long ago.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Tank
post Dec 7 2006, 02:40 PM
Post #4

GMC Veteran
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 5

I've found that speed comes from being able to relax your hands while playing the notes. I'd suggest doing small 3 or 4 note patterns, and concentrating on developing a light touch. It's hard to describe what this is, as it comes with practice, but it feels like you don't use a lot of effort to play the notes, therefore you can play them faster.

+Quote Post
beebo
post Dec 8 2006, 11:44 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 970

thanks

QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Dec 7 2006, 03:43 AM) *
Concentrate on playing the notes clearly and slowly first, then gradually increase speed. Using a metronome makes this alot easier.

A speed picking lesson would be great!! When you consider that we just had a phrasing lesson not too long ago.

thanks man

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 7 2006, 01:34 AM) *
For now I suggest you pick any pattern you can fin (perhaps in the "how to practice", "How to use a metronome" or pentatonic lessons). And work your way from some really slow speeds.

Anybody else got some advice for beebo?

My plan is that the next 101 lessons will be a speedpicking/alternate picking serie. biggrin.gif

Kris

thanks Kris

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 11:18 AM