Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gmc - Ventrilo?
Rain
post Dec 18 2008, 11:20 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.216

Most of us have given the GMC Chat a shot every now and then and it doesn't appear to be very affective. One thing that we could do is start up a Ventrilo or TeamSpeak server that we can all hang out on and discuss various things. The idea has been rolling around in my head for awhile - it would also serve as a great way to learn as one could play the guitar over the microphone as well... could be a great tool.

Any thoughts?

--------------------
Galneryus [SYU / YUUTO-LEDA] - the GazettE - Sonic Syndicate - Versailles - Sadie - Takayoshi Ohmura - Steve Vai - MintJam - Sex Machineguns - Gentaro Satomura - CYCLE - Paul Gilbert - X Japan - Disturbed
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AlexLion
post Dec 18 2008, 11:43 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 5.926

Bad thing about that - if there more than 3-4 people talking at the same time you can`t understand anything biggrin.gif
Ventrilo is pretty good quality btw, better than teamspeak, at least for me:) Don`t know if it`s needed..

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
post Dec 18 2008, 12:02 PM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 5.892

I have used chat 7 times in last two weeks and it has been great. Sometimes there is 3 people at the time sometimes more than 5 but overall I felt great doing it. It was both relaxed and informative.
I can see how you can see problems with too many people in but we all talk about some topic and everybody expresses their toughs on it. I also like to ask everybody if they have some music related question to ask me. That way we organize the order and I answer everybodys question accordingly smile.gif Chances are , I might have answered question from other member that was useful for you as well.
So overall I have very positive experience with GMC chat smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Dec 18 2008, 01:19 PM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.341

I think lots of instructors have initiated sessions in the last couple of weeks, and there are usually topics announcing instructor in chat on the lesson and practicing&chill out board. These chat sessions should be more often now, so if you want to participate, just try to "catch" the instructors when they are there. I think with current rate of chat sessions you will be able to chat no problem mate.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
opeth.db
post Dec 18 2008, 02:28 PM
Post #5

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 5.886

I think it maybe a good tool to have this. If a "Class" is in session then I'm sure a process can be put into place not to talk over anyone. I know for me its a lot easier to learn talking than typing.

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
Rain
post Dec 18 2008, 09:06 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 5.216

I wasn't talking about instructor sessions... I was talking about the (thousands) of people that have a GMC account that maybe would like to chat just for fun by talking... Forums are fine but ventrilo is a great way to chat with people

--------------------
Galneryus [SYU / YUUTO-LEDA] - the GazettE - Sonic Syndicate - Versailles - Sadie - Takayoshi Ohmura - Steve Vai - MintJam - Sex Machineguns - Gentaro Satomura - CYCLE - Paul Gilbert - X Japan - Disturbed

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
post Dec 18 2008, 09:26 PM
Post #7

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 5.892

QUOTE (Rain @ Dec 18 2008, 09:06 PM) *
I wasn't talking about instructor sessions... I was talking about the (thousands) of people that have a GMC account that maybe would like to chat just for fun by talking... Forums are fine but ventrilo is a great way to chat with people

I used Ventrilo and it was great ( a year ago). I imagine not much has changed with that software. That could work man , I see time zone difference as the problem though smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2017 - 01:45 PM