Hey u guys out there

Here´s another lesson i have done and i am waiting for your critics

AND PLEASE BE SERIOUS AND HARD (IF NECESSARY) tongue.gif
i am sure i can stand it *hehehe*

Looking forward for your answers

cya
Harry

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 19 2008, 06:48 PM
Instructor
Hey Harry !

I like this video. It shows that you put effort into lessons which is great , and you seem to be quick learner as I've seen your other upload threads with other lessons in very short while smile.gif

Critique - around 0:16 that lick has a weak bend (bend was flat, didn't reach the pitch). On some parts there is a bit of muting unwanted noise.
Phrasing was strong so I would work on bending and muting here.
Overall very good take !
smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Dec 19 2008, 06:53 PM
Instructor
Good job man!
Overall it sounds like you put some work in this. Good rhythm placement which is very important in these kind of licks.
I agree with Pedja, some bends are a bit out of tune, fixing that will make your take great!
Keep up the great work my friend and thanks for the vid! :-)

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
big harry
Dec 19 2008, 07:42 PM
Learning Roadie - CHALLENGE STAR!
hey Pedja and David

THX for the critics, so muting on bending seem to be some of my weaknesses ........

hmm so i think i need to work on that cool.gif

any suggestions for some lessons to spot on ?

i will have a look if i find something

its time to get started .......

cya guys
AND MANY THX AGAIN

Harry

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Dec 19 2008, 07:45 PM
Instructor
As far as bends, just play any note, then bend the note a half step below to reach that original note. Then do it a whole step below.. Then a step and a half.
Doing so on a regular basis will "train" your fingers to reach the desired note right away.
You are on the right track man!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 19 2008, 08:00 PM
Instructor
Very nice blues playing, and licks are pretty cool. Bends are a bit unprecise, mainly in pitch, but nothing that cannot be sorted out with a bit of practice.

If you wanna check out some blues lessons, you can start with some of mine, the list is here:

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 19 2008, 08:03 PM
Instructor
I am not sure about lessons we have regarding muting and bending , but I can give you some exercises and tips to work on it.

When practicing bending you should basically practice two things

1) Play the regular note then bend into it from one or two frets below

2) Bend the desired note, release bend and play the regular desired note.

This way you tackle both regular bend that goes to pitch and PRE BEND which is really important type of bend as well.
Now there is plenty of variations you could do Harry. Like add Vibrato to your bends for instance or double bends (playing another note on higher string while holding the bend trough out) etc

Another cool thing to apply to this is to practice bending with all of your fingers (except thumb of course smile.gif
This way you will make sure to execute good and strong bend regardless of position you are in.
Hope that makes sense.

Muting should happen with right hand palm , and when you mute your hand slightly changes the shape of playing - but just slightly.
Also use your 1st and 4th finger of your left hand to mute unwanted string noise !

Hope that helps Harry , keep up the good work man !

Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post
big harry
Dec 19 2008, 08:12 PM
hey guys

all this things make a lot of sense and i will try to put it in practice .....

i guess the main problem in my muting is more if i come descending
ascending i can do it with the right hand but the muting with the left hand is more the problem i guess
i think that i need to figure out the position of the left hand when getting in a run and really have to focus on it

i tried just a few runs now and i think thats the real problem in that part

bending is a thing that i never put many spots on because i never was playing "real" solos, but i think that what you David and Pedja said is pretty easy to practice ....... without any lessons required cool.gif

so lets get started, maybe i should do some metal riffs for muting tongue.gif

THX guys
Harry

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 19 2008, 08:18 PM
Instructor
Great Harry
I am so glad you will practice it. I will look for more of your videos soon !

Regarding left hand muting ...

Watch this clip and try to play it with distortion and clean sound.
If with distortion you have unwanted noise, look at the video and notice how I place 1st and 4th finger of left hand when changing strings!

That should help I hope smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
big harry
Dec 19 2008, 08:49 PM
ok here we go

have a look at the clean and distorted version, not so fast as you Pedja but quite ok (as i think) biggrin.gif

H.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 19 2008, 09:16 PM
Instructor
I think it sounds great Harry, well done mate smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:35 AM