> Angela Gossow
Fsgdjv
post Jan 17 2009, 07:00 PM
Post #21

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.545

QUOTE (Enucleation @ Jan 16 2009, 08:43 PM) *
But what does looking masculine have to do with anything? I mean, people don't bash Alexi Laiho too hard for looking like Avril Lavigne tongue.gif

I couldn't care less how she looks, but since the first few posts here went something like "omg she looks great" I thought I could add my view on that aswell.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
post Jan 17 2009, 11:49 PM
Post #22

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 4.261

I'm a huge Arch Enemy and Angela Gossow fan smile.gif I think she's got a unique growl which fits the music nicely.
But i do prefer her voice on her first Arch Enemy albums.. on the latest it sounds like there's too much effects going on.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Fullmetal_Tmd
post Jan 18 2009, 01:39 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 4.986

Eh, she's okay, not really the best, but lots of people think she's the only female metal vocalist (in kansas atleast), so they're all crazy about her. I personally prefer Candace Kucsulain or Amber Valentine, but then again, I prefer everything over melodic death metal.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kahall
post Jan 18 2009, 04:27 AM
Post #24

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 1.393

The band sounds good and she looks pretty decent, but thumbs down on the growling. When anyone starts doing that I hit STOP. It is just not singing to me. I can handle a little of it in the middle of a song for effect but the whole song...uh uh.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
29a
post Jan 18 2009, 10:12 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 6.464

I remember when I was at an arch enemy concert and she was bitching around about people who were smoking in the hall. huh.gif And she is vegetarian huh.gif. But that aside it was a good concert.

- Jonas

--------------------
My Website | My Gear | Elixir Nanoweb Strings Review | Installing Schaller Security Locks
"If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy." - Phil Zimmermann

+Quote Post
Canis
post Jan 18 2009, 10:40 PM
Post #26

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

Group: GMC Wiki:er
Member No.: 3.108

Can't say I like Arch Enemy... But as most other people here, I thought it was a dude first time I heard her tongue.gif When a friend showed me a live video, I was like "Who's the chick, and where's the singer?" and when she started to sing, I was all "Whhaaa!" tongue.gif

...... When anyone starts doing that I hit STOP. It is just not singing to me. I can handle a little of it in the middle of a song for effect but the whole song...uh uh.

Same here tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Canis: Jan 18 2009, 10:41 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
post Jan 19 2009, 12:15 PM
Post #27

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 4.895

I love her growls! she has a perfect technique and a great live performance!

--------------------

+Quote Post
helo92
post Jan 31 2009, 09:12 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 5.777

She is great i think she really improved the band
first i only knew the old albums with the man singin i didn't like them but then a friend showed me a video aof their new songs and now i really like the band

--------------------
<a href="http://www.wacken.com/" target="_blank"><embed src="http://banner.wacken.com/banner/WOA_Banner2010_468x60_090904_cw.swf" quality="high" width="468" height="60"></embed></a>

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
post Feb 1 2009, 01:55 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 1.632

I still think that Black Earth is the best arch enemy album. Johan Liiva, IMO, is just so much more raw and real than Angela, his voice isnt so drenched in effects. Early Arch Enemy Was much less toned down, than the current album.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
steiner666
post Feb 6 2009, 10:04 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 4.651

I LOVE Arch Enemy and have for years. Personally I think she does way better on vocals then Liiva... I think she's more dynamic, Liiva just yelled pretty much every song... she actually growls and does different things with her voice that just is much more entertaining... basically after she joined Arch Enemy, I stopped wishing that every song was an instrument. I can't wait to hear the remake of their older songs that Mike mentioned that they will be doing with her. And yeah, she definitely has an incredible stage presence for such a small little package.

On a non-music-related note, I also think she's a very attractive woman and she's very friendly in person. My g/f loves her too, which is awesome! (and she wasn't even mad when i told her that I asked her because she resembles her... lol)

This post has been edited by steiner666: Feb 6 2009, 10:12 PM

--------------------
ESP LTD MH-400NT (EMG 81/85 set, D'Addario Skinny Top/Fat Bottom strings)
Line 6 Toneport GX

+Quote Post
Artemus
post Feb 6 2009, 10:33 PM
Post #31

Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!

Member No.: 6.743

QUOTE (VinceG @ Jan 16 2009, 02:23 AM) *
Average melodeath. Overrated singer just because shes a women and can growl, it seems like many guys goes crazy over her just because she's a women in extreme metal. Her gender overlook the fact that the music is staggering compare to other Extreme bands out there.

As an extreme metal band, I'd agree that they're not the best but for a melodic death band they have some good material, which I really quite like. I originally got into them because it was Michael Amott (since I'm a fan of Carcass) and his brother, not because of Angela Gossow and their stuff with Liiva before Gossow was much more technical.
In terms of attractiveness.. hmm, ok (it's a matter of personal taste) but she doesn't hold a candle to Simone Simons
Still.. they'll never compare to the best melodic death metal band in the world: Dethklok

\m/

This post has been edited by Artemus: Feb 6 2009, 10:38 PM

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th January 2017 - 07:06 AM