Ballad Improv
Tjchep
Jan 17 2009, 10:08 PM
GMC:er
Check it out.. not 100% happy with it but.. I like the idea of it.. tell me what you think.

Attached File  Ballad_Jam.mp3 ( 571.75K ) Number of downloads: 428

2nd Take - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&id=12715

Tell me which one you like better! smile.gif

tj

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Tjchep: Jan 19 2009, 03:06 AM

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 17 2009, 10:14 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I like it a lot Tj smile.gif The beginning reminded me of Garry Moore's "Still Got The Blues." Tasty playing man for sure!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Saint
Jan 17 2009, 10:20 PM
Why not happy?

That was awesome :S

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 17 2009, 10:23 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I really like your idea alot Tj! smile.gif Your note choice gives it a great ballad feel. Tone is awsome to. tongue.gif

The only thing I would sugguest (and this is my person preference) is to work on the delay setting some. It sounds to me like it is repeating out of tempo with the backing track. I have found the best way for me to achive a delay that fits good is to start by setting tap tempo on the delay to the same bpm as the backing. Then fine tune the feedback and mix settings.

Keep working on this. I would really like to hear more smile.gif

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Jan 17 2009, 10:25 PM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 17 2009, 10:36 PM
Hey, that's a nice ballad, go on with this smile.gif

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Jan 18 2009, 05:09 AM
QUOTE (Saint @ Jan 17 2009, 10:20 PM) *
Why not happy?

That was awesome :S

Thanks man. I think it's "good" but it's just not how I hear it in my head right now.. and it could be alotttt better smile.gif

QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jan 17 2009, 10:23 PM) *
I really like your idea alot Tj! smile.gif Your note choice gives it a great ballad feel. Tone is awsome to. tongue.gif

The only thing I would suggest (and this is my person preference) is to work on the delay setting some. It sounds to me like it is repeating out of tempo with the backing track. I have found the best way for me to achive a delay that fits good is to start by setting tap tempo on the delay to the same bpm as the backing. Then fine tune the feedback and mix settings.

Keep working on this. I would really like to hear more smile.gif

Ahh, I never even noticed that honestly. I just had my preset up and recorded smile.gif

Thanks man.

This post has been edited by Tjchep: Jan 18 2009, 05:09 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jan 18 2009, 08:14 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Very nice Tjchep, just as always! What do you use to record??

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jan 18 2009, 11:34 PM
Jazz Instructor
Perfect!
Well played.
Just to say that I like the melody very much, very nice, it would be cool to develop it in the song, it' pity to stay as improvisation.

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Jan 19 2009, 03:05 AM
Thanks guys smile.gif

Attached File  Ballad_Jam__3.mp3 ( 571.75K ) Number of downloads: 235

I decided to do another take over this. I would really appreciate it if you told me which take you guys like better, I tried to add a bit of shred on this one and I'm not sure if It adds too it at all or just sort of... sounds "glued on"\

Thanks again wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 19 2009, 08:50 AM
Well, it's put in the right place so it sounds good, doesn't break a mood.
Which one? hm, I like both, can't choose smile.gif

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
wrk
Jan 19 2009, 11:11 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Wao Tjchep !! Great melody ... could be an awesome song !!
I prefer the very first take, it's really smooth. Great use of the whammy bar at the beginning, the notes are nicely connected like this. I like the fast run on your 3rd take, but only if the solo would continue ... as it's a short take i prefer the melodic ending of the first take.

I agree with the delay a bit and if you could find a nice "singing" sound than it will be more then perfect ... but that just a recording thing smile.gif

This post has been edited by wrk: Jan 19 2009, 11:12 AM

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Jan 20 2009, 03:35 AM
QUOTE (wrk @ Jan 19 2009, 11:11 AM) *
Wao Tjchep !! Great melody ... could be an awesome song !!
I prefer the very first take, it's really smooth. Great use of the whammy bar at the beginning, the notes are nicely connected like this. I like the fast run on your 3rd take, but only if the solo would continue ... as it's a short take i prefer the melodic ending of the first take.

I agree with the delay a bit and if you could find a nice "singing" sound than it will be more then perfect ... but that just a recording thing smile.gif

Mmm.. I think I get what you guys are saying about the delay smile.gif, I'll have to take that more into consideration when mixing it next.

And I do agree with your comments too, since its so short I might as well keep it more melodic smile.gif

Thanks for the words bro, they are much appreciated smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 20 2009, 04:11 AM
Great ballad melody Tim, and I think you should stick with the first version... smile.gif

Make a whole song out of this buddy and you wont regret it!

Cheers,

Can

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 20 2009, 02:17 PM
Instructor
Tj, this is great!
Very very nice melodic feel and great theme..
My favorite is the first take. It has more feel and leaving the shred out brings out the melodic aspect more.

I would wait a bit to add the shred stuff. Let it build, catch the listener's attention with that beautiful melody, then let the shredfest begin!

Really good work man, I'm looking forward to the whole song!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 21 2009, 02:48 AM
Instructor
Really melodic TJ !
First take I like better than second one, and I wrote you earlier on regarding rhythm so I won't go into detail here about it wink.gif

I really hope you will record this whole song 3 + minutes long - it should be really interesting !

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:51 PM