Bass: Hammer-on Slap Lesson #3, Critique my YouTube video
purple hayes
Jan 25 2009, 02:24 AM
Ultimate Guitar Hero

Thanks to Bodgan for the backing track.

I took some of Bogdan's suggestions on recording the bass. I think my recorded tone has improved a lot from my last bass video. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1okZLZPbpRw )

I'm wide open to constructive criticism. I'm looking to get better on the bass and I'd like to hear how others think I can improve.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 25 2009, 02:29 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Very cool bro! smile.gif Way to smack that thing. FUNKY!!!!!

Tone sounds good to me. I may want to use you for a project in the future biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 25 2009, 12:41 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Sounds very good man! And the bass tone is much better now.You can really hear all the pops and everything..If you have any modulation effects turned on (reverb , chordus , delay) you can turn them off also...
You nailed the lesson very well.I would suggest working on left hand muting to get it perfect...(there are noises and notes sounding here and there where they shouldn't)..If you get it clean it that will be great..

Cool cover overall , remember to post a video response inside the lesson wink.gif

Keep up the good thumping! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 25 2009, 12:46 PM
GMC Founder
Really cool to see a bass video response! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 25 2009, 01:50 PM
Instructor
Sounds awesome mate! Couple of missed/weak notes here and there, but great rhythm feel. The sound could benefit from more presence as well.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Jan 25 2009, 03:11 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 25 2009, 06:46 AM) *
Really cool to see a bass video response! biggrin.gif

It's my goal to have at least one video up for every category. Guitar and bass are no problem. Drums I just haven't gotten around to recording yet. Vocals are my weakest link*. ph34r.gif

* because the follow up question I always get asked right after I tell a potential band that I play guitar/bass is, "Can you sing backup?"

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jan 25 2009, 07:30 PM
Instructor
I'm not very experienced with bass, but that looked and sounded great to me smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 27 2009, 02:33 PM
Instructor
Great work there dude! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Iluha
Feb 2 2009, 06:55 PM
GMC:er
Hey man, like I said in my comment on youtube, I think you did a great job but you'r going too easy on the bass! Slap the hell out of it! smile.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:29 PM