11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Rock Ballad Style Collaboration - Video Comments, Emir's first student collaboration
Emir Hot
Jan 28 2009, 04:57 PM
Instructor
Hi guys

The comments will be uploaded here soon - give me one or two more days please. I decided doing video comments so I can play along and show you some tips rather than typing bunch of text.

Please download this introductionary video (28 mb) where I am talking about some recording tips and what you should avoid doing next time.

This is the brief of what you should NOT send next time. I had really hard time dealing with many of the takes so for the next time please keep this in mind:

1. NO STEREO TRACKS - there is absolutely no need for this. The only difference is the file is as twice as big, more time to upload, more time to download and more CPU power used to process when mixing

2. NO EFFECTS INCLUDED IN THE RECORDING - watch the video where I am talking about this and how you can explain what sound you would like to have

3. DOUBLE CHECK IF YOU EXPORTED THE TRACKS PROPERLY - there were 4 takes saying "with BT and no BT" but they were both with the BT. Also make sure both WITH BT and NO BT start from the same point. 3 of them I had to match manually as they were not exported from the same point

4. MAKE SURE YOUR GUITAR SOUND IS UP TO STANDARD - I gave a couple of tips about this in the intro video. Some great takes lost 50% of the quality because of the guitar sound.

Please forgive me for my terrible English accent smile.gif I sound worse than Borat hahah.

---------------------------------------------

GROUP 1

1. Audiopaal
2. Berko
3. Col Roberts
4. Enforcer
5. JamesT
6. Marc_Maiden
7. Paiva
8. Smells
9. Strat

GROUP 2

1. Ajmurrell
2. Caelumamittendum
3. Dexxter
4. lcsdds
5. OrganisedConfusion
6. Sondre
7. Superize
8. Tjchep
9. Tolek

GROUP 3

1. ztevie
2. Velvet Roger
3. utak3r
4. Toroso
5. UncleSkillet
6. Wrk
7. coffeeman
8. kaznie_NL
9. SonofDestiny

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Emir Hot: Feb 1 2009, 09:08 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  GMC_collab_intro_video.wmv ( 28.69MB ) Number of downloads: 467
Attached File  group_1.mp3 ( 6.28MB ) Number of downloads: 604
Attached File  Group_2.mp3 ( 6.29MB ) Number of downloads: 547
Attached File  Audiopaal.wmv ( 16.7MB ) Number of downloads: 442
Attached File  berko.wmv ( 19MB ) Number of downloads: 381
Attached File  Col_Roberts.wmv ( 20.1MB ) Number of downloads: 373
Attached File  Enforcer.wmv ( 30.98MB ) Number of downloads: 384
Attached File  JamesT.wmv ( 19.07MB ) Number of downloads: 354
Attached File  Marc_Maiden.wmv ( 25.99MB ) Number of downloads: 361
Attached File  _Paiva.wmv ( 25.87MB ) Number of downloads: 326
Attached File  Smells.wmv ( 23.91MB ) Number of downloads: 436
Attached File  Strat.wmv ( 24.56MB ) Number of downloads: 347
Attached File  Group_3.mp3 ( 6.29MB ) Number of downloads: 529
Attached File  Ajmurrell.wmv ( 29.77MB ) Number of downloads: 364
Attached File  Caelumamittendum.wmv ( 29.52MB ) Number of downloads: 364
Attached File  Dexxter.wmv ( 24.27MB ) Number of downloads: 367
Attached File  lcsdds.wmv ( 32.79MB ) Number of downloads: 368
Attached File  OrganisedConfusion.wmv ( 21.85MB ) Number of downloads: 380
Attached File  Sondre.wmv ( 32.05MB ) Number of downloads: 304
Attached File  Superize.wmv ( 27.06MB ) Number of downloads: 326
Attached File  Tjchep.wmv ( 20.3MB ) Number of downloads: 391
Attached File  Tolek.wmv ( 17.08MB ) Number of downloads: 368
Attached File  ztevie.wmv ( 23.15MB ) Number of downloads: 350
Attached File  Velvet_Roger.wmv ( 25.46MB ) Number of downloads: 341
Attached File  utak3r.wmv ( 28.91MB ) Number of downloads: 289
Attached File  Toroso.wmv ( 32.61MB ) Number of downloads: 311
Attached File  UncleSkillet.wmv ( 23.34MB ) Number of downloads: 387
Attached File  Wrk.wmv ( 17.18MB ) Number of downloads: 347
Attached File  coffeeman.wmv ( 30.05MB ) Number of downloads: 377
Attached File  kaznie_NL.wmv ( 31.17MB ) Number of downloads: 327
Attached File  SonofDestiny.wmv ( 34.43MB ) Number of downloads: 313

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 28 2009, 05:02 PM
GMC:er
You're teasing us lol. I can't view video at work but I will give it a watch when I'm at home later.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
chast
Jan 28 2009, 05:12 PM
Learning Roadie
Doing video comments is a great idea, Emir.
Though I didn't participate in the collab, I'm really curious to hear the collab and see your video comments smile.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 28 2009, 05:22 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Awesome Emir!! This is exactly what I need. I have zero recording experience so I probably did every single one of the things you told us not to do. laugh.gif laugh.gif I will definitely fix these on the next collaboration. I agree with you as well that the video comments are going to be much more meaningful than a text comment. Thanks again for all the hard work you have put into this. MUCH APPRECIATED!! biggrin.gif BTW, you sounded much better than Borat!!

Monte

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 28 2009, 05:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jan 28 2009, 04:22 PM) *
Awesome Emir!! This is exactly what I need. I have zero recording experience so I probably did every single one of the things you told us not to do. laugh.gif laugh.gif I will definitely fix these on the next collaboration. I agree with you as well that the video comments are going to be much more meaningful than a text comment. Thanks again for all the hard work you have put into this. MUCH APPRECIATED!! biggrin.gif BTW, you sounded much better than Borat!!

Monte

Thank you Monte smile.gif I am from Bosnia and Borat is from Kazahstan but I think I still sound worse hehe

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 28 2009, 05:25 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 28 2009, 04:24 PM) *
Thank you Monte smile.gif I am from Bosnia and Borat is from Kazahstan but I think I still sound worse hehe

I hate to tell you this Emir but Borat doesn't exist. He isn't real tongue.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jan 28 2009, 05:28 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Wow I just watched the video and man I have a lot to learn about recording. Thanks a lot Emir for all the effort you've been giving to this collaboration.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 28 2009, 05:28 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 28 2009, 05:25 PM) *
I hate to tell you this Emir but Borat doesn't exist. He isn't real tongue.gif laugh.gif

I think you are wrong OC. I saw him the other day at the Shopping Mall. laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 28 2009, 05:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 28 2009, 04:25 PM) *

haha I know that, but he exists in the movie

I am thinking to separate each video for each take so everyone can download own part instead of watching the whole thing. Do you think it would be better? You can still download each of them if you like to see them all.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 28 2009, 05:30 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 28 2009, 04:29 PM) *

I am thinking to separate each video for each take so everyone can download own part instead of watching the whole thing. Do you think it would be better? You can still download each of them if you like to see them all.

I think that would be cool as it makes it more personal.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 28 2009, 05:32 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 28 2009, 05:29 PM) *

That is a great idea. With 27 or so takes it will be alot easier than to have to figure out where your take is. I will probably download them all though because I think I can learn something from every single take. I have been downloading everybody's take and keeping them in a folder on my computer so I could put the videos along with everybody's take. I think you are inadvertently raising the bar for these collaborations Emir. laugh.gif laugh.gif Or maybe you are doing it on purpose. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jan 28 2009, 05:32 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 28 2009, 11:29 AM) *

That would be awesome l although I think we can learn from everyone's take , and of course a lot more from the comments that you have for everyone of us, I would preffer 1 video wtih all the comments, but thats just my opinion.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 28 2009, 05:35 PM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jan 28 2009, 04:32 PM) *
I think you are inadvertently raising the bar for these collaborations Emir. laugh.gif laugh.gif Or maybe you are doing it on purpose. laugh.gif

haha. A long series of mistakes. So hopeless he has gone full circle back on himself and solved world debt and created world peace. Whilst making GMC the best site ever laugh.gif

I think he maybe planned these ideas biggrin.gif And I like them. I think they'll be very helpful but now I can't wait for the results.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
ztevie
Jan 28 2009, 05:41 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 28 2009, 05:29 PM) *

Excellent idea!

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 28 2009, 05:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 28 2009, 04:35 PM) *
haha. A long series of mistakes. So hopeless he has gone full circle back on himself and solved world debt and created world peace. Whilst making GMC the best site ever laugh.gif

I think he maybe planned these ideas biggrin.gif And I like them. I think they'll be very helpful but now I can't wait for the results.

I actually decided this morning it would be good to do a video. I am still waiting for 1 more take tonight so I can't post the third group today. Now I am uploading mp3 of the first 2 goups and recording comments at the same time smile.gif I will upload them one by one as I am finishing them. This will keep the thread busier and more of you will be more interested to see each of them so you can pick more "useful" stuff smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
berko
Jan 28 2009, 05:43 PM
Thanks again for all your effort Emir! I'd prefer separate videos to make you comments more accessible. Oh and btw sorry for my double take with BT mellow.gif Never happened to me before... and I hope it never will again ohmy.gif

All in all this video-comment idea is a great initiative biggrin.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 28 2009, 05:44 PM
Cool. That's awesome. The anticipation of who'll get posted next will kill me. laugh.gif But a great idea as it keeps peopleinvolved and we can comment on each upload. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 28 2009, 05:50 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 28 2009, 11:29 AM) *

I am thinking to separate each video for each take so everyone can download there own part instead of watching the whole thing. Do you think it would be better? You can still download each of them if you like to see them all.

Good idea but it sounds like alot more work. Since your going to have something like 3 seperate mixes of the collabs maybe just have the comment video that goes along with the players in that mix down. Then you could just give use the time frames of where to find our feedback. I enjoy and learn from the feedback given to other players and would just rather have one download per mix down instead of 8-10 seperate. But thats just mho.

Thanks for the intro video and the comments to come. The idea to do video comments is great! It's probably quicker than typing up the comment for 27 people. smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 28 2009, 05:51 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I just had to jump in and say what an awesome idea this is to do video comments Emir. Also a more personal approach to separate them. I'm going to learn from this collab and didn't participate, I'm sure others will also! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 28 2009, 05:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jan 28 2009, 04:50 PM) *
Good idea but it sounds like alot more work. Since your going to have something like 3 seperate mixes of the collabs maybe just have the comment video that goes along with the players in that mix down. Then you could just give use the time frames of where to find our feedback. I enjoy and learn from the feedback given to other players and would just rather have one download per mix down instead of 8-10 seperate. But thats just mho.

Thanks for the intro video and the comments to come. The idea to do video comments is great! It's probably quicker than typing up the comment for 27 people. smile.gif

Sorry but I have already started recording them separately. Maybe I should have waited for more oppinions. I am going in order as written in the first post. The third group is not ready yet because I have one take missing. There are 26 takes in total. 2 cancelled.

Now I uploaded the mix for the first 2 groups together with the names of participants.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:52 PM