Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Just Fiddling :)
Siggum
post Feb 12 2009, 03:18 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.701

Heya, been trying to make something out of this riff i came up with some time ago, so experimenting with some chord progressions, tell me what ya think.

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post Feb 12 2009, 03:23 PM
Post #2

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.410

First two parts are perfect!! Third one is not so convincing....This sounds like a great acoustic tune and I would love to hear some singing over it!! Good job on developing the riff into a song..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta

+Quote Post
Siggum
post Feb 12 2009, 03:31 PM
Post #3

Hehe thanks Bodgan biggrin.gif yeah i dont think that last part should be in the song, thanks for the tip smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
post Feb 13 2009, 05:01 AM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 5.625

I think the first part could function as a Intro, the second one I think it's not good as a verse but could be the bridge. I think the two first parts don't funcion one following the next because there are almost the same chords I think the verse could be somewhere else and then return (in the bridge) to that same harmonic field smile.gif

The third part could be in the song but I think you'll find it hard to connect it with the other two parts, you'll have to do a serious thinking about the work that will give you to match those things or just put it into the jar of ideas for other song.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Siggum
post Feb 13 2009, 01:04 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Ramiro Delforte @ Feb 13 2009, 05:01 AM) *
I think the first part could function as a Intro, the second one I think it's not good as a verse but could be the bridge. I think the two first parts don't funcion one following the next because there are almost the same chords I think the verse could be somewhere else and then return (in the bridge) to that same harmonic field smile.gif

The third part could be in the song but I think you'll find it hard to connect it with the other two parts, you'll have to do a serious thinking about the work that will give you to match those things or just put it into the jar of ideas for other song.

Thanks for the feedbac Ramiro, i mostly agree with you actually the second one would work better as a brigde, also because it loses the effect if you repeat it multiple times i think biggrin.gif I'm gonna work som more on this and perhabs upload a new version.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2017 - 09:44 PM