Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Eric Sardinas-slide Blues God!
post Feb 14 2009, 06:01 PM
Post #1

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 4.882

Seeing as how this whole thread seems to be about metal i thought I would recommend a different style of player. I have seen this guy twice now and both times he just blew me away, the first was at a guitar festival which they have in my home town where they invite guitarists from all over the world to come and perform at different venues in the town, mostly people like Martin Taylor and Gordon Giltrap, this guy just came on with a drummer and double bass player and just blew the place to pieces! Because it was attended by guitar purists it had like tables set out for people to sit and watch, well he just jumped off the stage and onto the tables firing mind warping slide licks off his guitar, class! The second time was when he was supporting Steve Vai (I think hes on Vai's label?) and after this guys performance Steve seemed quite sedate, they did a double act at the end and it was just amazing.

Anyway if you ever get a chance, go see him because you wont regret it!. tongue.gif

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
post Feb 14 2009, 06:34 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 6.517

Eric is one of my favourite Slide players!! Along with Sonny Landreth, Bob Brozman, John Hammond and Doyle Bramhill!!!

I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!
+Quote Post
Emir Hot
post Feb 14 2009, 07:18 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 5.490

I have seen him twice as well with Steve Vai. Crazy good player and showman

Check out my <a href="" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>
+Quote Post
Trond Vold
post Feb 14 2009, 07:33 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 4.261

Sardinas is a slide-monster! smile.gif

Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Lessons!

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th October 2016 - 01:57 PM