Anything To Worry About?
Ryan
Feb 18 2009, 06:47 AM
GMC:er
On my fretting hand. Right at the base of were your finger and palm meet. There is like, I guess you could say a ballish type thing that i can push and move around.

Now early today while playing guitar. I had a sudden pop in my ring finger, right were the ball is at. I pretty sure these things can be linked together, but should I be worried?

I have no pain, and has caused no hindrance to my playing yet. In fact I was playin really really great today even better after the pop. So I really dont know whats goin on......

Any ideas?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Feb 18 2009, 07:02 AM
Instructor
It sounds really wierd huh.gif
Could be a cyst..... I don't know. You should go to a doctor to determine if it's nothing or if it's something you have to treat

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Ryan
Feb 18 2009, 04:03 PM
QUOTE (Ramiro Delforte @ Feb 18 2009, 12:02 AM) *
It sounds really wierd huh.gif
Could be a cyst..... I don't know. You should go to a doctor to determine if it's nothing or if it's something you have to treat

See I was thinking a Cyst also, but ill just get it checked out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 18 2009, 06:40 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Best thing you can do is go see a doctor mate, better be safe than sorry!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
sigma7
Feb 18 2009, 06:42 PM
probably a cyst. see a doctor

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Feb 18 2009, 08:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fran @ Feb 18 2009, 06:40 PM) *
Best thing you can do is go see a doctor mate, better be safe than sorry!

Hahaha I just read your answer and saw the pic of Dr House....it was just funny because we are discussing about something we don't know what it is and House is the best doctor in that discipline. tongue.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 18 2009, 08:42 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (Ramiro Delforte @ Feb 18 2009, 08:00 PM) *
Hahaha I just read your answer and saw the pic of Dr House....it was just funny because we are discussing about something we don't know what it is and House is the best doctor in that discipline. tongue.gif

laugh.gif
I bet Cameron and 13 could help too cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Ryan
Feb 18 2009, 10:44 PM
Yeah this really really sucks sad.gif, My finger popped again, and Im sure it cant be a Cyst now cause my whole finger is starting to stiffen up, and its getting harder to move. And that bump, I was kinda messing with it a little (yea stupid idea, but i couldnt help it lol), and then I got sudden pain that went through my whole finger.

Good news is, I broke 3 guitar strings, and now I cant really play even if I didnt have a messed up bumpy finger.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sigma7
Feb 18 2009, 10:45 PM
that blows and sucks get better soon smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 18 2009, 11:26 PM
Instructor
If you feel no pain you shouldn't be to worried, but go to some doctor to check it out for just in case.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 18 2009, 11:41 PM
Instructor
Go to doctor please - he or she will give you best advice how to sort your problem smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
berko
Feb 18 2009, 11:51 PM
I won't say you shouldn't go to the doctor but I don't thinks it's any serious either. That ballish thing is basically the first joint of your finger to the bones that are in your hands right after the bones of the wrist! Muscles and and tendons cover it. If it popped then it could mean that maybe it's still developing a bit (not because you're growing at the age of 19 but because for example you use it a lot since you play the guitar). At this age the popping and crushing in the elbows or the wrist or at the finger joints could indicate that muscles and tendons are developing there and that the cartilage in these joints is refreshing itself etc.

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:14 PM