Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Skennington, Uploads and Discussion
UncleSkillet
post Feb 14 2009, 05:46 AM
Post #121

Learning Tone Seeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.915

Your making things up man. huh.gif Better slow down on those beverages wacko.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
post Feb 14 2009, 05:51 AM
Post #122

Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 3.374

Hum....Let's see...

Monte..

"Here ya go guys" (upload)

Jeff..

"Thanks Monte for sharing this with use! biggrin.gif This will help a lot and save use some time.

Steve, I will explain later

Cheers Monte"

Still think I'm crazy.... tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
post Feb 14 2009, 05:57 AM
Post #123

Learning Tone Seeker

Can't get anything past you Moderators biggrin.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
lcsdds
post Feb 14 2009, 06:05 AM
Post #124

Learning Tone Seeker

Member No.: 5.825

QUOTE (skennington @ Feb 14 2009, 05:51 AM) *
Hum....Let's see...

Monte..

"Here ya go guys" (upload)

Jeff..

"Thanks Monte for sharing this with use! biggrin.gif This will help a lot and save use some time.

Steve, I will explain later

Cheers Monte"

Still think I'm crazy.... tongue.gif

Is someone on here impersonating me?? I'll notify a moderator ASAP. laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
post Feb 14 2009, 06:15 AM
Post #125

Group Icon

biggrin.gif tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
post Feb 16 2009, 01:18 AM
Post #126

Learning Tone Seeker

Just wanted to check in and see how things are going. Will I be getting any uploads from the 2 new leasons this weekend? I'd really like to see how your progressing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
post Feb 18 2009, 02:49 AM
Post #127

Group Icon

Hey man, I wanted to throw something up so you could see my hand movement on Dijan's lesson and get some feedback. I was running out of time and every time I hit the "button" I screwed up so I just rolled on with the first 4 positions of the lesson.

Actually got some good quality this time! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by skennington: Feb 18 2009, 02:50 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
post Feb 18 2009, 02:53 AM
Post #128

Learning Tone Seeker

Ahh! Very cool and thanks. I will look it over here in the next few minutes and comment for you. I hope the drum track thing worked out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
post Feb 18 2009, 03:00 AM
Post #129

Group Icon

Drum's...Hadn't had time to mess with it to be honest... laugh.gif Son seems to be getting worse so might be away for the next little bit. I know It's not a lot to go on for offering advice but wanted to get something put up to show you. Feel free to pass on the comments... tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
post Feb 18 2009, 03:12 AM
Post #130

Learning Tone Seeker

No problem man. I could tell by watching that there where other things on your mind and that's cool.

I hope your son starts feeling better bro. Get out the Lysal spray you don't want to get it.

I've watched it twice and I think like we talked about a metrenome or basic drum beat would really help. This would give you something to focus on while playing.

All-in-All I am very happy with seeing your AP (right hand) and fingering with the left hand bro! It put a smile on my face to see things getting connected together. I can tell you have been working hard.

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Feb 18 2009, 03:12 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
post Feb 18 2009, 05:26 AM
Post #131

Group Icon

Thanks for being easy on me man... rolleyes.gif Yeah, you know a lot is going on but that's life and we just have to push on. I'll get a vid up with a beat so you can evaluate my timing a bit more. smile.gif Have a good evening bro!

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
post Feb 18 2009, 06:03 AM
Post #132

Learning Tone Seeker

I love you man!!! Nice new avitar.

I guessed wrong on that laugh.gif

BUT YOU CAN'T HAVE MY 'BUD LIGHT"

OK tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
post Feb 24 2009, 09:33 PM
Post #133

Group Icon

I'm here bro, will merge our old stuff.

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
post Feb 24 2009, 10:43 PM
Post #134

Learning Tone Seeker

Sounds like a good idea! Edit what you want but keep the comments and unploads together.

Cheerio's smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
post Mar 1 2009, 03:08 AM
Post #135

Group Icon

What up Jeff, got my rig back together today and recorded the first part of the pinky w/o. This time I added a simple drum track @ 60 bpm. Still a bit sloppy but I'm going to be working hard on this the next few days.

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
post Mar 1 2009, 06:14 PM
Post #136

Learning Tone Seeker

Nascar qualifying in the background. Why does this not surprise me. rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

Way to go Steve! @60 bpm, which is our goal. I think working with the drumbeat is really helping. Looks like you are getting good control of your fingers and from what I could see of your right hand, it also looked all right.

Now we just need to put the whole lesson together @60bpm and were good to go. Once you can do this we will move on to something more musical so you can apply what you have learned so far. wink.gif

Only suggestion would be dial back the reverb and the treble some to get a warmer tone.

How are the chords coming along (Muris’s lesson)? Are they getting easier?

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
post Mar 3 2009, 01:31 AM
Post #137

Learning Tone Seeker

Hey Steve, I have been looking back over your progress since we started and doing some thinking. You have worked really hard and I hope you feel like all of your pratice time has paid off. We had to work on a lot of the basics which sometimes isn't really all that fun.

I think you are ready for this lesson.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...asing-beginner/

This is your first solo lesson and I know you will do a fine job with it. I want you to focus on mainly this one lesson and the Chords one from Mirus. You still need to show me you can play the chords bro and I won't cut you any slack with that. You wouldn't want me to anyway, right? smile.gif

Cool with you? cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
post Mar 3 2009, 04:21 AM
Post #138

Group Icon

Chords are getting easier Jeff, and know I would not want you to let me off the hook on this lesson. I need it! smile.gif I'm still practicing it and will add this new lesson of Muris' as well. smile.gif

I'll also dial the verb and treble back a bit on my tone.

I'll get some vid's up of my progress with the Chords, Pinky workout (hopefully a bit further through), and something on the new lesson in the next couple of days. Hou'd that be?

I just knew you were going to say something about the TV in the background laugh.gif It was muted btw... tongue.gif smile.gif

Check this little vid out of my kid's playing in the snow...Through some of my old creations behind it. Forgive me for the quality, it was taken with a photo cam...Man, it's nice to have power again, you just don't know what ya got til it's gone. Wait, did Cinderella say something along those lines in ths 80's? laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
post Mar 3 2009, 07:47 PM
Post #139

Learning Tone Seeker

I'll get some vid's up of my progress with the Chords, Pinky workout (hopefully a bit further through), and something on the new lesson in the next couple of days. Hou'd that be?

You can work on what you like man but like I said above I am just wanting you to really focus on the Bb minor phrasing and the Chords lesson. It is fine if you want to give the pinky lesson a break. I would almost prefer you do for now. It has got your right and left hand working together. Now we should apply what we have learned and keep progressing. When I first started working with you you would have probably had a really hard time playing this Bb minor solo lesson because of your picking. Now you will be able to shred this! smile.gif

EDIT: I will look at the video when I get home from work.

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Mar 3 2009, 07:49 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
post Mar 3 2009, 10:50 PM
Post #140

Group Icon

Cool man! Got a play to go to this evening that my daughter is in but I'll start on the new lesson right after! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st January 2017 - 03:08 AM