Cut Away Soloing Acoustic Ideas
Ajmurrell
Feb 25 2009, 03:24 PM
Learning Tone Master
Been a while since I've posted some gear advice, but I'm back in force and looking for a new acoustic!

I'll be away for 4-5 months next year and want to take with me a new acoustic.

I'm looking for something that is built for lead playing and chords. I have an old Fender acoustic which sounds great, but its a real pain to play. Chords are fine, but any intricate little licks and things are exceptionately pain staking!

So I'm looking for something that has a real, ease to play feel and almost feels like an electric in regards to action and playability. Of course the string tension will be greater and gauge higher, but playability is really the most important thing.

I can imagine that the more expensive guitars with better quality woods and build are going to suit my needs better, but any cheaper alternatives would be greatly appreciated!

My Electric guitar knowledge is pretty good, but sadly I know very little about good make Acoustics.

Thanks in advance guys!!

cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 25 2009, 03:34 PM
Instructor
Look for Crafter Adam, I tried many in London,
descent price and great playability. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Xuestor
Feb 25 2009, 05:19 PM
GMC:er
maybe a Stratacoustic?

--------------------
Gear:
Epi LP with SD SH-2/SD SH-6
Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard VOS Bourbon burst
Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique Vintage Sunburst
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Tobacco burst
Fender Stratocaster Antigua with Stan Hinesley Karma/ Stan Hinesley EXP/ Dimarzio Protrack
Jem 7VWH
Fender CD160NT 12-string
Ibanez AW40NT 6-string
Martin 000X1 6-string
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade Head with 2*12 Celestion Vintage 30's Cab

Grammatic Professional auf Schweden

+Quote Post
sted
Feb 25 2009, 09:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
Attached Image
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Feb 25 2009, 02:34 PM) *
Look for Crafter Adam, I tried many in London,
descent price and great playability. smile.gif

Yeah Crafters are nice guitars for the money, I have attached a pic of mine which was around 300 quid, my mate has a martin that cost four times the price of mine but it isnt four times as good. I use 010's on mine but it would still have a nice sound with 009's on i reckon if you wanted to do a bit of bending and stuff.

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 25 2009, 09:17 PM
Learning Roadie
I too am in the market for a similar guitar, but i would be more interested in an electric-acoustic. But otherwise I want most of the same features as Aj. Can I hijack your thread a little bit? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Feb 25 2009, 11:51 PM
Learning Tone Master
Of course smile.gif Some of the places im going to have bars for electro acoustic playing, maybe I could do some playing live smile.gif

QUOTE (JVM @ Feb 25 2009, 08:17 PM) *
I too am in the market for a similar guitar, but i would be more interested in an electric-acoustic. But otherwise I want most of the same features as Aj. Can I hijack your thread a little bit? biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
29a
Feb 26 2009, 02:00 PM
Maybe the Ovation MT37 is something for you. I've never seen nor play it.

Jonas

--------------------
My Website | My Gear | Elixir Nanoweb Strings Review | Installing Schaller Security Locks
"If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy." - Phil Zimmermann

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 26 2009, 03:02 PM
Instructor
What's your budget Adam?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Feb 26 2009, 03:10 PM
Learning Tone Master
Lets say anything under or equal to... £650

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Feb 26 2009, 02:02 PM) *
What's your budget Adam?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Mar 6 2009, 08:22 PM
Learning Tone Master
Just wanted to bump this as I'm still looking for an acoustic, PLUS my girlfriend wants to buy an acoustic... but she like to have one that "looks" good... Oh dear...

So if you have any ideas about "pretty" acoustics let me know!

She's not a girly girl, so don't suggest PINK heh, she just likes the ones with the nice inlays down the fretboard and decorated on the body.

Does anyone know some flamboyant guitar brands?

--------------------

+Quote Post
sted
Mar 6 2009, 09:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
check this out for a fancy-pants gibbo, its a small body too, ideal for the ladies!!

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Acoustic-I...ou--Harris.aspx

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 7 2009, 04:21 PM
QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Mar 6 2009, 07:22 PM) *
Just wanted to bump this as I'm still looking for an acoustic, PLUS my girlfriend wants to buy an acoustic... but she like to have one that "looks" good... Oh dear...

She's not a girly girl, so don't suggest PINK heh, she just likes the ones with the nice inlays down the fretboard and decorated on the body.

I found some really nice inlaid Guitars on eBay, from a shop in Belgium (I think)!! I'll go see if I can find them again, they were only around £150-ish inc Shipping!!!

As for yours Adam, have you had a look at Breedlove' guitars? Do a search for them, they make some stunning instruments, amazing Tone!!!!

Have a look at these two as well:-

Indie with a Tree of Life Inlay!!
or
An Aria that looks a bit different!!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Frederik
Mar 7 2009, 04:42 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Check out blueridge! i own this BR-40 and its i my opinion the best acoustic in this pricerange (500 $) and i almost matches acoustics that costs 4 timas as much. The tone i gorgeous, but what amazed me when i played it was the action and playability. a whole tone bend is pretty easy. and u can even bend it 1½ ohmy.gif

http://www.sagamusic.com/catalog/details.asp?ProductID=BR-40

-Frederik

+Quote Post
Xuestor
Mar 7 2009, 07:40 PM
QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Mar 6 2009, 08:22 PM) *

Checkout the Ibanez AW-40. It's a cutaway western guitar with the Jem Wine inlays.

--------------------
Gear:
Epi LP with SD SH-2/SD SH-6
Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard VOS Bourbon burst
Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique Vintage Sunburst
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Tobacco burst
Fender Stratocaster Antigua with Stan Hinesley Karma/ Stan Hinesley EXP/ Dimarzio Protrack
Jem 7VWH
Fender CD160NT 12-string
Ibanez AW40NT 6-string
Martin 000X1 6-string
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade Head with 2*12 Celestion Vintage 30's Cab

Grammatic Professional auf Schweden

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Mar 9 2009, 09:18 AM
Learning Tone Master
Thanks everyone smile.gif Some very nice looking acoustics there indeed. We're going up to denmark street next weekend, so if we make a purchase I'll be sure to show what we get!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:11 PM