> Parker Fly Classic, This one is for sale, amybe i will buy it
playaxeman
post Feb 25 2009, 11:10 PM
Post #1

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 6.091

Hi all

Someone is selling his black Parker Fly classic build in 1998. Not mint some chips

[attachment=13960:p102623n1.jpg]

Some instructors have one Parker fly.

I like to hear what there experience are with the fly. What do i needs to check when i check this guitar out?

The price is € 850,- with gigbag

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Feb 25 2009, 11:14 PM
Post #2

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 5.298

It's a beaut!

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
post Feb 25 2009, 11:15 PM
Post #3

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 1.984

Awesome guitar. I've had a parker, most likely it'll be in flawless operating condition. Ask what kind of strings are on it. I find that elixers, though I like them, don't mix well with parkers because they already have a super smooth neck and something about the elixer coating makes it a little .. too smooth, if thats possible. Almost slippery smooth. So, if you experience this, ask what kind of strings are installed.

Make sure all the knobs and switches work, that the volume tapers nicely, and that the locking tuners are in good shape. Beyond that you're golden.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
playaxeman
post Feb 25 2009, 11:20 PM
Post #4

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (JVM @ Feb 25 2009, 11:15 PM) *
Awesome guitar. I've had a parker, most likely it'll be in flawless operating condition. Ask what kind of strings are on it. I find that elixers, though I like them, don't mix well with parkers because they already have a super smooth neck and something about the elixer coating makes it a little .. too smooth, if thats possible. Almost slippery smooth. So, if you experience this, ask what kind of strings are installed.

Make sure all the knobs and switches work, that the volume tapers nicely, and that the locking tuners are in good shape. Beyond that you're golden.

Hi JVM,

Ok will take that i mind.

But have some next questions

How is the neck feeling: is is fast?
And about the whammy bar: doe sit operate nice?
How was the "acoustic"sound of the piezo system?

Cheers

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps

Effects

Recording

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
JVM
post Feb 26 2009, 12:41 AM
Post #5

Learning Roadie

QUOTE (playaxeman @ Feb 25 2009, 05:20 PM) *
Hi JVM,

Ok will take that i mind.

But have some next questions

How is the neck feeling: is is fast?
And about the whammy bar: doe sit operate nice?
How was the "acoustic"sound of the piezo system?

Cheers

Sure,

1) the neck is fast. I wouldn't compare it to say, an Ibanez, it's not super thin, but it is fast. Substantial-yet-fast. I wasn't a fast player when I owned the parker (still not really, but I am a lot faster), but I can tell you it's comparable to a strat for me, with some refinements.

2) I'm not much of a whammy user. However I actually prefer the parker vibrato to the fender I have now, though that may partly be because I need to set it up a little better. I can tell you though, that parkers have my absolute FAVORITE BRIDGE I've ever had the pleasure to rest my picking hand on.

3) The acoustic sound is nice, and convincing. It isn't spot on, especially in the lower notes I find, but it can be tuned to be very accurate, depending on what kind of amp you use (using an acoustic amp would probably emit wonderful acoustic tone I imagine). It can be used to simulate acoustic parts of songs. It also is nice how you can mix between the magnetic and piezo pickups to create a nice blend. Some of my favorite sounds on the parker were from doing this.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
playaxeman
post Feb 26 2009, 08:45 AM
Post #6

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (JVM @ Feb 26 2009, 12:41 AM) *
Sure,

1) the neck is fast. I wouldn't compare it to say, an Ibanez, it's not super thin, but it is fast. Substantial-yet-fast. I wasn't a fast player when I owned the parker (still not really, but I am a lot faster), but I can tell you it's comparable to a strat for me, with some refinements.

2) I'm not much of a whammy user. However I actually prefer the parker vibrato to the fender I have now, though that may partly be because I need to set it up a little better. I can tell you though, that parkers have my absolute FAVORITE BRIDGE I've ever had the pleasure to rest my picking hand on.

3) The acoustic sound is nice, and convincing. It isn't spot on, especially in the lower notes I find, but it can be tuned to be very accurate, depending on what kind of amp you use (using an acoustic amp would probably emit wonderful acoustic tone I imagine). It can be used to simulate acoustic parts of songs. It also is nice how you can mix between the magnetic and piezo pickups to create a nice blend. Some of my favorite sounds on the parker were from doing this.

Hi JVM

Thx very much biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars

Amps

Effects

Recording

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
post Feb 26 2009, 02:52 PM
Post #7

Instructor

Member No.: 1.439

I think you'll really enjoy that one man!
DOn't forget to change the battery when you get a high sizzeling sound, the battery operates the piezzos..

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
JVM
post Feb 26 2009, 10:18 PM
Post #8

Learning Roadie

QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Feb 26 2009, 08:52 AM) *
DOn't forget to change the battery when you get a high sizzeling sound, the battery operates the piezzos..

Yes, thats one thing I forgot. I didn't have the classic but the nitefly, so they're a bit different I guess but when my battery ran out I got zero sound from any pickups, so remember that one, its an easy fix.

--------------------

+Quote Post
playaxeman
post Feb 27 2009, 10:12 PM
Post #9

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Feb 26 2009, 02:52 PM) *

Ok Thx David.

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars

Amps

Effects

Recording

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
post Feb 27 2009, 10:25 PM
Post #10

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 5.625

I'll go for it, is a really nice guitar smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2017 - 12:05 PM