UncleSkillet
post Mar 3 2009, 03:02 AM
Post #22

Learning Tone Seeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.915

smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
glengraf88
post Mar 3 2009, 03:39 AM
Post #23

GMC:er

Member No.: 6.723

I changed my mind i should have an upload up tonight with a backing track like you asked.

+Quote Post
glengraf88
post Mar 3 2009, 04:56 AM
Post #24

QUOTE (glengraf88 @ Mar 2 2009, 08:39 PM) *
I changed my mind i should have an upload up tonight with a backing track like you asked.

Here it is once again the sound is acting up i need to find a better way to record. I have a podxtlive i think you can record from that but i do not know how. well any way let me know what you think. I am still working on it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAc6gLnnEqY

This post has been edited by glengraf88: Mar 3 2009, 05:01 AM

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
post Mar 4 2009, 12:47 AM
Post #25

Learning Tone Seeker

biggrin.gif Yeah Glen! smile.gif This is much better then your first take. Since you are posting everything in the uploads forum that doesn't leave too much room for me to comment. I know you want to share your playing with everyone but I think it would be best if you consider keeping our lessons in just this thread. It makes it harder for me to give you personnel advise and help your development when you are getting all these different opinions on what is good and how you should maybe try and play it this way etc.

Mostly I agree with Andrews comments and why shouldn't I. biggrin.gif He made the lesson. wink.gif That said what I would suggest is to play with a slower backing till things become more comfortable. Also go back and listen to your video again. You are playing one wrong chord through out the progress and as your next assignment I want you to find it and tell me (or show me) which one it was.

I can see that you are going to develop your skills quick. Now find the bad chord for me. smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
glengraf88
post Mar 5 2009, 05:14 AM
Post #26

I have been working on the strumming and arpeggios lesson and i am stuck and getting frustrated. I can not play an F CHORD to save my life. please help.

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
post Mar 5 2009, 05:44 AM
Post #27

Learning Tone Seeker

Uploading a video response to you question bro! Hang tight. smile.gif

EDIT: Video response added. Hope it help bro!

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Mar 5 2009, 06:12 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
glengraf88
post Mar 5 2009, 05:52 AM
Post #28

QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Mar 4 2009, 10:44 PM) *
Uploading a video response to you question bro! Hang tight. smile.gif

thanks.

+Quote Post
glengraf88
post Mar 6 2009, 06:01 AM
Post #29

QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Mar 3 2009, 05:47 PM) *
biggrin.gif Yeah Glen! smile.gif This is much better then your first take. Since you are posting everything in the uploads forum that doesn't leave too much room for me to comment. I know you want to share your playing with everyone but I think it would be best if you consider keeping our lessons in just this thread. It makes it harder for me to give you personnel advise and help your development when you are getting all these different opinions on what is good and how you should maybe try and play it this way etc.

Mostly I agree with Andrews comments and why shouldn't I. biggrin.gif He made the lesson. wink.gif That said what I would suggest is to play with a slower backing till things become more comfortable. Also go back and listen to your video again. You are playing one wrong chord through out the progress and as your next assignment I want you to find it and tell me (or show me) which one it was.

I can see that you are going to develop your skills quick. Now find the bad chord for me. smile.gif

I think i finally figured it out. I will have to post a new vid i guess i hope i am right lol. well it is late and i need sleep. An update on my back, I am going to physical theropy they said i should be able to play as long as i stretch and take breaks frequently. Oh and another thing thanks for the vid i am working on learning the f chord it will take some time which mean that the strumming and arpeggioo vid will take some time. I can get evrything before that perfectly fine i believe.

This post has been edited by glengraf88: Mar 6 2009, 06:03 AM

+Quote Post
glengraf88
post Mar 9 2009, 01:51 AM
Post #30

i belive i found the wrong note in the progression. I hope i am right Here is the vid of me playing it with the right note. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40j81qFfjEs I chose not to use a metronome or backing ttrack so you can hear it clearer to see if i got the note fixed. Please let me know if i corrected it. I belive i did.

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
post Mar 9 2009, 02:31 AM
Post #31

Learning Tone Seeker

QUOTE (glengraf88 @ Mar 8 2009, 07:51 PM) *
i belive i found the wrong note in the progression. I hope i am right Here is the vid of me playing it with the right note. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40j81qFfjEs I chose not to use a metronome or backing ttrack so you can hear it clearer to see if i got the note fixed. Please let me know if i corrected it. I belive i did.

That is correct Glen!! You got it! cool.gif

Well Done smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
glengraf88
post Mar 9 2009, 03:03 AM
Post #32

QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Mar 8 2009, 08:31 PM) *
That is correct Glen!! You got it! cool.gif

Well Done smile.gif

Hell Yea. What now?

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
post Mar 9 2009, 04:06 AM
Post #33

Learning Tone Seeker

Play the chords lesson bro! biggrin.gif You don't have to play it at full spead.
We have to get your fingers use to moving so your muscle memory starts developing.
I will find you some other cool stuff to work on so don't worry. wink.gif

I would like to see a take with you playing the chords first. Record with one of the slow backing tracks or a metronome mp3 in the back ground from here.

http://www.reztronics.com/prod01.htm

Looking forward to your upload smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
glengraf88
post Mar 9 2009, 04:18 AM
Post #34

QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Mar 8 2009, 10:06 PM) *
Play the chords lesson bro! biggrin.gif You don't have to play it at full spead.
We have to get your fingers use to moving so your muscle memory starts developing.
I will find you some other cool stuff to work on so don't worry. wink.gif

I would like to see a take with you playing the chords first. Record with one of the slow backing tracks or a metronome mp3 in the back ground from here.

Looking forward to your upload smile.gif

Sounds good i like the chord lesson and it is coming along good except for the part with the f chord. It is like i do fine and then the part comes to the f chord and i cant bar the first fret. so it like i hit a brick wall. I have been working on baring the first fret not to much progress with it yet. And i really wanna finish this lesson i love the way it sounds. Tomorrow i am going to upload the first part of it All the way up to the f chord. So you can see how i am doing with the chords in general. I will not give up on the f chord like i said i am dedicated 100 percent on learning guitar. I just want to say thanks for all the time and effort you have been putting into teaching me guitar and i really do appreciate it.

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
post Mar 9 2009, 04:23 AM
Post #35

Learning Tone Seeker

Sounds good Glen.

I am always happy to help. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
glengraf88
post Mar 10 2009, 03:41 AM
Post #36

Hey jeff I got that new vid i promised you. it is only the first half though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQJ0vrzgk4M. What do you think?

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
post Mar 11 2009, 03:20 AM
Post #37

Learning Tone Seeker

Glen this is great progress man!! Congratulations bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif wink.gif

Your over the F chord hump biggrin.gif That looked really good. I can tell you worked hard and you should feel great with your progress.

Keep working on this lesson for me because we need to get smoother OK. This will just take a few more takes maybe, but with the next ones I want you to work on uploading with a backing track or a metronome track from here.

I need to find our next lesson to work on. We'll chat soon man!

PS: You right hand looks like it has heeled nicely. Promise me you will try not to get hurt for a while. We have a lot of work to get done if you want to be a rock God and I don't need you hurt every week! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
glengraf88
post Mar 11 2009, 03:42 AM
Post #38

QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Mar 10 2009, 09:20 PM) *
Glen this is great progress man!! Congratulations bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif wink.gif

Your over the F chord hump biggrin.gif That looked really good. I can tell you worked hard and you should feel great with your progress.

Keep working on this lesson for me because we need to get smoother OK. This will just take a few more takes maybe, but with the next ones I want you to work on uploading with a backing track or a metronome track from here.

I need to find our next lesson to work on. We'll chat soon man!

PS: You right hand looks like it has heeled nicely. Promise me you will try not to get hurt for a while. We have a lot of work to get done if you want to be a rock God and I don't need you hurt every week! smile.gif

I will keep at it. i will also give the metronome a shot as well.

When i try to play it to a backing track or metronome it makes me confused i dont know when to start or how to tell if i am on time or anything.

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
post Mar 11 2009, 04:03 AM
Post #39

Learning Tone Seeker

That's why we need to work on this. Kris has a metronome lesson but I don't have the link handy. See if you can find it with the search feature for Lessons (beginner). I will look also and post tomorrow. Let me know if you find it first. Backing tracks are also good but you need to listen to the tracks without playing the guitar. Just play the solo in your mind when your listening to it. Sounds stupid but it will help.

This is very important for developing the rhythem side of you playing and getting things really tight and synced up.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
post Mar 11 2009, 04:07 AM
Post #40

Learning Tone Seeker

Member No.: 5.825

QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Mar 11 2009, 04:03 AM) *
That's why we need to work on this. Kris has a metronome lesson but I don't have the link handy. See if you can find it with the search feature for Lessons (beginner). I will look also and post tomorrow. Let me know if you find it first. Backing tracks are also good but you need to listen to the tracks without playing the guitar. Just play the solo in your mind when your listening to it. Sounds stupid but it will help.

This is very important for developing the rhythem side of you playing and getting things really tight and synced up.

here ya go guys.....enjoy!! smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/memberson...a-metronome.htm

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2017 - 11:22 PM