Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Getting really Fustrated Need help
Drakett
post Jan 22 2007, 03:44 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.099

Ok heres whats happening, i dont know where i should start my practicing and im getting really fustrated trying to find my place or watever i should do so somebody help me please.
sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Jan 22 2007, 04:15 AM
Post #2

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2

Why don't tell us how far you have come so far? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
post Jan 22 2007, 05:20 AM
Post #3

Instructor

Group: Passive
Member No.: 1.055

Yeah some feedback would be very usefull. How long are you playing guitar, what techniques did you master and what actually troubles you?

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Drakett
post Jan 27 2007, 09:49 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 1.099

Well ive been playing for a year and a few months , nd i have a bc rich warlock custom limited edition,and so far i actualy dont know exactly what i can do i just play, but what i want to focus on for a some time is my speed and accuracy so that when i get that down then il learn all the single notes on the guitar(F#,etc.)i know some of them but like i said i wann get speec+ some accuracy down so i can do a solo, i never in my life can do a solo and when i go to like a music store i see people shredding and i get discouraged beacuse i want to be able to do that so badly but i dont know what to do so if u guys could please help me ide appreciate it

+Quote Post
chainsbroken
post Jan 27 2007, 11:21 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 1.033

I totally understand your frustration. I started here at GMC about 3 weeks ago and I couldnt solo at all. I started with the beginner scales section 1,2 and 3. that helped me get started learning some scales. then I went to the beginner licks lesson. then i done the the how to pratice lesson. also the metronome lesson.I then began playing to alot of the backing tracks in the beginner lessons. after that i knew alot more about my fret board. now Im working on the speed lessons now and learning more scales and modes. and i feel alot more comfortable going into the music store and picking up a guitar. also I pratice at least 2 hours a day. that has made the difference. good luck.. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Deano

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Jan 29 2007, 07:34 PM
Post #6

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Drakett @ Jan 27 2007, 09:49 AM) *
Well ive been playing for a year and a few months , nd i have a bc rich warlock custom limited edition,and so far i actualy dont know exactly what i can do i just play, but what i want to focus on for a some time is my speed and accuracy so that when i get that down then il learn all the single notes on the guitar(F#,etc.)i know some of them but like i said i wann get speec+ some accuracy down so i can do a solo, i never in my life can do a solo and when i go to like a music store i see people shredding and i get discouraged beacuse i want to be able to do that so badly but i dont know what to do so if u guys could please help me ide appreciate it

Drakett - sounds like should follow chainsbroken's success story! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
NoSkill
post Jan 30 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #7

Experienced Tone Seeker
Group Icon

Group: GMC Wiki:er
Member No.: 1.135

Actually, chainsbroken's reply is one of the best forum replies I've ever read. In any forum. It's a basic recipe for getting aquainted with not only the fretboard, but THIS site. As a new member (today) I was happy to read this thread!

Continuing to suck but optimistic!

NoSkill!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Ragnar the Awful
post Feb 17 2007, 05:47 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 1.200

I agree. Nice one, chainbroken. I am currently working on all of these lessons to get more acquainted with the site and brush up on my skill; sort of reteaching myself from the ground up.

--------------------
[ My Gear ]
[ Washburn Maverick BT-2, Cherry Sunburst ]
[ Ibanez Artcore AG85, Transparent Red ]
[ Fender Squier '51, 2-tone Sunburst ]
[ Gibson Faded Flying V, Worn Cherry ]
[ Fender "The Twin" Red Knob 2x12" Combo Amp ]
[ Boss BD-2; DS-1; CS-3; BF-2; MT-2; PS-2; Ibanez DML10 ]

+Quote Post
Rockwouldbe
post Feb 17 2007, 10:58 AM
Post #9

Rock Instructor
Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 1.145

well i think

to judge by the guitar i think you liesten to metal, and maybe pantera??

i think you should start with blues it will be easier and the scales are more easy to use and they sound awosme . please don't think you need to play fast in order to be good . there is so much more before ask any one of this speedi gonzales teachers here (kris , pavel) they had their time with slow melodies they didn't start practicing from day one speeding .

and i also agree with the way that guy's answer

--------------------
My gear:
Ibanez Rg2570, Pod XTL, peavey classic 30w
Guitar it is a passion

a link to the Aspiring instructor

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2017 - 03:32 AM