Della Vega Unhuman, Why..
Ramblingman
Mar 16 2009, 09:57 AM
GMC:er
Cheers Muris biggrin.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPf1IE33i2s

You have probaly heard of this guy.."The fastest Guitarist in the world".

I practice guitar A LOOOT...But never been able to claim this speed..

Is it an sort of talent, or is it trainebel. Or is that only some people in the world can master this. Some people can curl their tungue, Weird finger tricks,make their eyes pop out , you get the idea ? is it sort of that ?

Because im getting quite depressed at the time, because i cant get any faster.

Do you have this "Speed " ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Mar 16 2009, 10:15 AM
I`m sorry to stick my nose in here Muris, but i couldn`t resist.. smile.gif

Ramblingman, it`s trainable of course.. but there is more than just an insane amount of practice, power of will, motivation, all comes in fact when you need to reach so high limits. And of course you can`t get that speed in a year or so, even if you didn`t sleep and eat biggrin.gif it`s much more time, and i recognized that playing 8 or more hours gives you even slower progress than 5-6 hours, you just getting very tired and lose coordination, interest etc etc. You need to relax, eat ( biggrin.gif), and have fun besides guitar, and of course feel healthy:)

Muris is more like this Theodore Ziras - very fast, CLEAN( which is very important and Della Vega isn`t very clear or just "hearable" at that speeds), and very melodic smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
sted
Mar 16 2009, 11:50 AM
Learning Rock Star
The modern day obsession with speed really gets to me, yeah hes fast, De LaVega is probably the fastest guitarist in the world, but so what? To me he has just turned an instrument I love into some kind of party trick, it should always be about the music, give me Gilmour anyday, the right note in the right place!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 16 2009, 03:48 PM
Instructor
Yeah, it is trainable but it takes too much time while
you lose lot of sense for music imo.

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Ramblingman
Mar 17 2009, 10:14 AM
great answers guys... biggrin.gif

I get your point muris..Actually a good argument...You practice so much scales that its being automatic when you make music...Its more sport than it is music..But i feel everybody judge the guitar playes as fast as he playes. The faster the better..

But you damn fast, and you musical as hell,..?
How many BPM can you play full throttle for instance ? At maximum.

+Quote Post
Oxac
Mar 17 2009, 01:51 PM
QUOTE (Ramblingman @ Mar 17 2009, 10:14 AM) *
great answers guys... biggrin.gif

I get your point muris..Actually a good argument...You practice so much scales that its being automatic when you make music...Its more sport than it is music..But i feel everybody judge the guitar playes as fast as he playes. The faster the better..

But you damn fast, and you musical as hell,..?
How many BPM can you play full throttle for instance ? At maximum.

I just think that there's a small percentage of the people out there that judges a guitarist depending on speed. I think that it's only among us guitarists that there's many that judges a guitarist depending on his speed. I mean, Muris' 3 greatest achievements is imo:

His phrasing (very good, I have yet to hear a boring or bad lesson from Muris).
His accuracy (Same goes with Steve Vai, every tone is played with passion and played very clear).
His Timing ( Some of those Bosnian rythmes are crazy tongue.gif).
His humanity (Muris is a very nice and empathic person).

If I would have those mentioned above, being able to play only half as fast as Muris wouldn't bother me. But being able to play as fast as Muris, but lack the things stated above would really bother me and I don't think anyone would be able to listen to me for more than 2 minutes (or their head would explode).

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 27 2009, 05:54 PM
Instructor
Thank you for your kind words Oxac. smile.gif

Indeed, speed is just one tiny segment of playing,
there are many other more important facts imo
like note choice, feel, expression etc.
After all, idea is to share your music with as many people as possible
and not only with guitarist, usually shredders. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:38 AM