> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Alex Lewis Gary Moore Style Lesson New Audio, uploaded new versions of all my submissions via youtube
Alex Lewis
Apr 1 2009, 04:31 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Recorded with les paul studio into ux2 into reaper with backing also

Thanks Emir for the Help sorting this out unfortunately my playing today has been a bit ropey but new versions of all my submissions have been uploaded to youtube edited the posts that are not yet closed to include the new version of each thanks again

Alex

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Apr 8 2009, 05:55 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Apr 2 2009, 12:37 AM
Instructor
Rhythm placement - 4,5
Cleanness - 4,3
Feel - 4,5
Posture - 4,7
Sound - 4,5

Very good man. The sound is now much better.
Your problem is the vibrato. It is not consistent and wide enough. And that's because you're holding the guitar like classical players. For this type of playing you need to hold the guitar the "rock way" - put your thumb almost over 6th string. That way you will have more grip and more power and control for some good vibrato. When you sort this out, your notes will be connected much smoother and nicer. It needs to flow with nothing to disturb the melody. This is the common problem for shredders but I can see that you can play lot of different stuff. The rest was very nice.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Apr 2 2009, 06:08 AM
Instructor
Rhythm placement - 4
Cleanness - 4
Feel - 4.5
Posture - 4.5
Sound - 4

well, it´s a great take man! I think Emir´s right about your posture, you´d give a try holding the guitar in a different way and see what happens.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 2 2009, 09:27 PM
Instructor
Rhythm placement - 4.2
Cleanness - 3.8
Feel - 4.8
Posture - 4.8
Sound - 3.8

Awesome take, and great feel mate, well done! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 6 2009, 02:36 AM
Instructor
Rhythm placement - 4,5
Cleanness - 4
Feel - 4,5
Posture - 4,5
Sound - 4,5

Really nice take, work on your vibrato it will be better !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 8 2009, 02:14 PM
Instructor
Rhythm placement 5
Cleanness 4.5
Feel 4.5
Posture 4
Sound 4

Nice playing! Some work with the vibrato and the bending would make it sound even better!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 8 2009, 05:48 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Good job Alex, 87.12%

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:38 PM