Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New to GMC, all the way down in New Zealand
post Jan 28 2007, 03:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.125

Hey everyone,

After a couple of years of playing around but not getting any where quickly I decided it was time to buckle down and start seriously!
I've been following the weekly installments on, and bought the quick start course dvd which was great.
I'm 17, started playing when I was 15, and had been learnign the piano for countless years before that.

Person I would most like to be able to play like? Randy Rhoads! His music does something that just makes me want to practice for hours and hours!

The only downside is that I have a short attention span, so I will start to practice something and end up doing something completely different!

I am on my guitar about 3 hours a day, "practicing" for only about 30 minutes though sad.gif .
I am in a band with bassist, drummer and singer which is mainly just for fun although we hope to start playing at local places/events. We've started writing our own songs, but I'm having trouble with soloing in the songs. Some of the videos I've watched so far have already given me some new inspiration though so all I need is more practice biggrin.gif!

Anyways, I look forward to being a part of this guitar community! From what I've seen already it is fantastic.

\m/ biggrin.gif

IPB Image
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Jan 28 2007, 11:17 PM
Post #2

Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.062

Randy all the way!!! Love your avatar.
Welcome smile.gif

+Quote Post
post Jan 29 2007, 05:06 AM
Post #3

Group: Passive
Member No.: 1.055

Welcome m8!
Hope this site influence the way you to practice more! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Pavel: Jan 29 2007, 05:07 AM

"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th October 2016 - 07:43 PM