Please Help Edge111 Bridge Problem
lee
Apr 14 2009, 12:19 AM
GMC:er
Hi all,

I have a RG4 with a edge 111 bridge.I changed the strings from 9's to 10's.
I wanted to down tune to E flat. Ibanez has a how to video that says to change
them one at a time and tune each string as you go.I did that but I tuned it E flat
instead of E which was the original tuning.I didnt think this would be a problem.
After I finished i checked the tuning again like the video said to do.It was not even close
and since i have made it worse.Can someone with experience on this matter PLEASE
explain how to correct this.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Apr 14 2009, 12:34 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Not sure if this will help Lee - mine's an FR rather than an Edge - but take a look at this thread here. Also the link in Marc's sig here.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by tonymiro: Apr 14 2009, 12:35 AM
Reason for edit: one day I'll learn how to spell

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
lee
Apr 14 2009, 01:21 AM
Thanks tony i'll check that out

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Apr 14 2009, 01:35 AM
sounds like you need to adjust the spring tension

the link in my sig as tony already posted is a good place to start, if you need more help let me know,

i have 5 years of experience with the edge 3

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
lee
Apr 14 2009, 01:46 AM
Thanks Marc,I have already adjusted the spring tension,but not alot.
Should i adjust more or try something else?

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Apr 14 2009, 04:57 AM
make sure the bridge is somewhat parallel also make sure your strings are stretched

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 14 2009, 05:41 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Get an Edge Zero....sorry I know that didn't help... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
lee
Apr 14 2009, 03:15 PM
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Apr 13 2009, 10:57 PM) *
make sure the bridge is somewhat parallel also make sure your strings are stretched

Thanks Marc i'll try anything at this point.I know this is off subject,but i'm planning a move to Cali
in a couple of years any suggestions on a good area to live not in LA but within driving distance
say no more than an hour away.

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Apr 13 2009, 11:41 PM) *
Get an Edge Zero....sorry I know that didn't help... tongue.gif

I'll do just about at this point.

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Apr 14 2009, 03:38 PM
well dont get an edge zero! you will need to do major work to get it right!

edge pro trem will work just fine, but that isnt your problem, why dont you find yourself a guitar tech to take it to? even though i know how to set up my trem and my guitar, i take mine to one anyways because i cant beat 30 years of experience

and as a place to live:

try riverside....its close to LA, and its somewhat like a new upcoming town....the women are pretty, the houses are big at a cheaper price than most of california, the only problem is most people just live there, i dont know how old you are, but for a teen there are plenty of jobs for you, there are a lot of those shopping centers with movies, malls, and things to do...if you want a higher paying job, you need to be prepared to commute...i dont live there, but i visit there often since some family lives there...its far enough from the city so that you getaway from the pollution and crowdedness, but its close enough to work there

i live in the san fran bay area, i like it there a lot....but i might consider moving down tre myself if i can find a job there

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:

+Quote Post
lee
Apr 14 2009, 04:46 PM
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Apr 14 2009, 09:38 AM) *
well dont get an edge zero! you will need to do major work to get it right!

Thanks for everything Marc.I think i will take it to a guitar tech.I love the edge when its set up properly.
Riverside sounds good .I don't mind working in LA but I have a little girl and I wouldn't want to raise her
in LA.Thanks again and I might hit you up when I move there.

edge pro trem will work just fine, but that isnt your problem, why dont you find yourself a guitar tech to take it to? even though i know how to set up my trem and my guitar, i take mine to one anyways because i cant beat 30 years of experience

and as a place to live:

try riverside....its close to LA, and its somewhat like a new upcoming town....the women are pretty, the houses are big at a cheaper price than most of california, the only problem is most people just live there, i dont know how old you are, but for a teen there are plenty of jobs for you, there are a lot of those shopping centers with movies, malls, and things to do...if you want a higher paying job, you need to be prepared to commute...i dont live there, but i visit there often since some family lives there...its far enough from the city so that you getaway from the pollution and crowdedness, but its close enough to work there

i live in the san fran bay area, i like it there a lot....but i might consider moving down tre myself if i can find a job there

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Apr 14 2009, 05:12 PM
i think you forgot to type something!@

edit: nvm you typed in the quote box hahaha

no problem buddy,

riverside is great, there is UC riverside there which a cool university for her to go to when she gets there, and the schools there a top notch as well..lots of parks and outdoorsy type things to do there!

This post has been edited by Marc_Maiden: Apr 14 2009, 05:14 PM

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:

+Quote Post
Xuestor
Apr 14 2009, 08:57 PM
tuning to e flat and switching to 10's should pretty much even out eachother, it will maybe only need minor adjustment.... have you streched the strings and tuned several times?

--------------------
Gear:
Epi LP with SD SH-2/SD SH-6
Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard VOS Bourbon burst
Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique Vintage Sunburst
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Tobacco burst
Fender Stratocaster Antigua with Stan Hinesley Karma/ Stan Hinesley EXP/ Dimarzio Protrack
Jem 7VWH
Fender CD160NT 12-string
Ibanez AW40NT 6-string
Martin 000X1 6-string
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade Head with 2*12 Celestion Vintage 30's Cab

Grammatic Professional auf Schweden

+Quote Post
lee
Apr 14 2009, 09:56 PM
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Apr 14 2009, 11:12 AM) *
i think you forgot to type something!@

Sounds like a cool place.I'm just not diggin Florida any more.I think my little girl would be better off in a place like Riverside.

edit: nvm you typed in the quote box hahaha

no problem buddy,

riverside is great, there is UC riverside there which a cool university for her to go to when she gets there, and the schools there a top notch as well..lots of parks and outdoorsy type things to do there!

QUOTE (Xuestor @ Apr 14 2009, 02:57 PM) *
tuning to e flat and switching to 10's should pretty much even out eachother, it will maybe only need minor adjustment.... have you streched the strings and tuned several times?

Thanks Xuestor,I have tried all that,but no luck.I'm gonna take it to Guitar Center tomorrow.

+Quote Post
kjutte
Apr 17 2009, 06:04 PM
QUOTE (lee @ Apr 14 2009, 01:19 AM) *
Hi all,

I have a RG4 with a edge 111 bridge.I changed the strings from 9's to 10's.
I wanted to down tune to E flat. Ibanez has a how to video that says to change
them one at a time and tune each string as you go.I did that but I tuned it E flat
instead of E which was the original tuning.I didnt think this would be a problem.
After I finished i checked the tuning again like the video said to do.It was not even close
and since i have made it worse.Can someone with experience on this matter PLEASE
explain how to correct this.

The springs need to be re-set to the new tension, aswell as balanced.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:47 AM