2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No More Excuses!, I know we have 4 in GI '09, but...
Ivan Milenkovic
post Apr 16 2009, 12:39 PM
Post #21

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.341

QUOTE (Skalde @ Apr 16 2009, 10:40 AM) *
So this competition is called "Guitar Idol", who says that the best guitarist should be an Idol?
If there is a player who plays guitar one armed, he can be an Idol too, not with his playing but for his will not to give up and to make the best out of it. Though, if he is not a nice preson(actu. I no nothing about him) he shouldn't win this competion, because only playing doesn't make you an Idol.
In my opinion it's wrong to say "he should not win, he only gets so many votes because of sympathy"
GMC members get a lot of votes, because they have a great community behind them. Of course people vote because their takes are great, but their is also sympathy involved. I didn't know any other players than. Ivan, Muris, Jose, so I voted for them. Don't get me wrong I voted because they did an outstanding performance, but I didn't see any other entry videos at all.
Is this now unfair? No, I don'T think so, but you always have to take into account that being an Guitar Idol has a lot to do with sympathy.

Yes, I agree with this, smart judgement.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Koopid
post Apr 16 2009, 01:52 PM
Post #22

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.153

QUOTE (Skalde @ Apr 16 2009, 10:40 AM) *
So this competition is called "Guitar Idol", who says that the best guitarist should be an Idol?
If there is a player who plays guitar one armed, he can be an Idol too, not with his playing but for his will not to give up and to make the best out of it. Though, if he is not a nice preson(actu. I no nothing about him) he shouldn't win this competion, because only playing doesn't make you an Idol.
In my opinion it's wrong to say "he should not win, he only gets so many votes because of sympathy"
GMC members get a lot of votes, because they have a great community behind them. Of course people vote because their takes are great, but their is also sympathy involved. I didn't know any other players than. Ivan, Muris, Jose, so I voted for them. Don't get me wrong I voted because they did an outstanding performance, but I didn't see any other entry videos at all.
Is this now unfair? No, I don'T think so, but you always have to take into account that being an Guitar Idol has a lot to do with sympathy.

Yeah, you're right. It's not a best guitarist competition.

And I am not sure he is a bad person. Just that he has been very rude towards me and others that has had different opinions than him.

--------------------
Gear
Amp
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Marshall 1960A cab
Guitars
ESP Eclipse I CTM Snow White
Jackson SLSMG
Takamine EG320C
Bass
Epiphone Thunderbird Goth Bass
Effects/Stomps
Boss SD1
Boss MT2 Metalzone
Dunlop Zack Wylde Wah
Behringer BEQ700 Equalizer
Harley Benton PT-100 stagetuner
Studio EQ
PodXT Live
Edirol FA 66 soundcard
Yamaha HS50M monitors
Macbook pro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 12:03 AM