Playing With The Metronome, Help !
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Apr 17 2009, 03:11 PM
GMC:er
I have gone about 3 years now without playing with a metronome, and I still cant do it.

I get lost at higher speeds trying to count with the about of BPM whether its Triplets or anything.

I have watched Kris's How To Use a Metronome before but I just dont know why I still dont get it !

I need to learn how to use it so I can apply it to absoultley everything and get it in perfect time,
But I have reached a point where I am about to give up trying to play fast if I cant learn how to use it !

HELP ! sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
sted
Apr 17 2009, 05:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Apr 17 2009, 03:11 PM) *
I have gone about 3 years now without playing with a metronome, and I still cant do it.

I get lost at higher speeds trying to count with the about of BPM whether its Triplets or anything.

I have watched Kris's How To Use a Metronome before but I just dont know why I still dont get it !

I need to learn how to use it so I can apply it to absoultley everything and get it in perfect time,
But I have reached a point where I am about to give up trying to play fast if I cant learn how to use it !

HELP ! sad.gif

Hey mate,

I struggle with this as well, if you check out Ivans pentatonics and modes series he plays through different scales and such from half notes right up to sixteenth triplets, it helps because the metronome and note placement are on the lesson and you just play along so you're not trying to "see" the timing yourself, anyway check them out at the link.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/lessonser...atonic-Workshop

whilst you may know the scales in these lessons the timing is just as important!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:35 AM