enforcer
post Apr 19 2009, 08:18 PM
Post #21

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 5.945

QUOTE (Alexiaden93 @ Apr 19 2009, 09:54 PM) *
That was a really interesting comment, enforcer ! biggrin.gif You seem to have a lot of Maidenesque experience ! Have you been to any of their concerts ? Feel free to share some mind-blowing events if you want, we younger people might have missed out on that part sad.gif I haven't been to any of their concerts yet sad.gif but I hope I will soon !

Yeah I've been in a Maiden concert before, actually they've been in Turkey only once in 1998 for two days. Unfortunately that was Blaze Bayley's era. Man on concert forgot the second lyrics to Clairvoyant and repeated the first verse smile.gif I hated him at that point as I love the Clairvoyant. But he was a good fellow, after the concert I had time to meet him, and talk a little. Steve Harris in the other hand is the super sympathetic guy of the band, he never smokes, drinks or something he is like a football player from Westham united laugh.gif He wore Turkish National Football Team's Shirt all the concert long.
I went to the concert the second day too, but unfortunately there had a technical problem in Sign of the Cross, and they had to finish the song with playback guitars laugh.gif

I wished to go to maiden concert in greece in 3 guitar era, but unfortunately that concert is cancelled because janick fell off the stage on the concert before that and hurt his back. I must add, janick is one of the farthest guitar launching people on the stage.

Adrian is the most creative guitar playing guy in maiden imo. And his guitar sound is epic (mostly in Somewhere in time and precisely on Stranger in a Strange land solo) He had numerous compliments from various world famous guitar virtuosos including Yngwie Malmsteen, Ritchie Blackmore, John Petrucci etc.

Dave is the real maiden work horse. when Adrian left the band, he played every and each solo, on early songs, even adrian's ones exactly. This is a hard to find act among that level famous guitarist, generaly they dont give a crap and let the newcomer deal with the situation. His melodic contribution is undeniable, add the effort on song writing, he is an essential part of maidenesque production wheel.

Also, I must add Bruce Dickenson is the dream frontman, he is the pinacle of multi-orientation, he is a book writer, pilot, documentary presentator, radio show maker, expert on flying machines and trains,his solo albums are among the best selling british heavy metal albums, he is flying maiden everywhere biggrin.gif

I just love those guys man!!!

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
post Apr 21 2009, 05:58 PM
Post #22

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 6.124

1. So first of all, please give me 5 of your favourite Iron Maiden songs, and try to choose wisely...
1. Dance of Death- coolest melody ever...at a party once, i turned this up, and everyone started dancing...magical.
2. Hallowed be thy Name- when that solo comes at you hard, its all over! plus the harmony parts are cool
3. Clans Man- cool song theme, very kick butt!
4. Aces High- Great harmonies, fun to play, crowd pleaser
5. The Mercenary- not very widly listened to, but it shows their more metal style...but i like soloing over that song biggrin.gif

i pretty much tried to pick one of every style they did, from their old stuff, to their new stuff...they are very versatile, and honestly i can pick just 5 sounds

2. For each song, explain why you chose it. Was it a cool and soothing intro, a wicked solo, cool lyrics, a nice and catchy melody ? Up to you.
see above

3. What do YOU think Iron Maiden accomplishes greatly in their songs ? I can give you a short list that you can add to if you want, or choose from it.

-Harmonies
-Stories
-Meaning
-Melody
-Loyalty
-Versatility

4. Now to the solos. Which guitarist do you think is the best at writing appropriate solos ? Why ?
Adrian Smith....

everyone seems to think he is a bluesy player. well all 3 of the guitarists are bluesy and come from a bluesy background, but from the mid 90's on, adrian has been creating more shred like solos, with sweeps and arpeggios...especially in Bruce Dickinsons solo stuff...the last 3 maiden albums prove me right

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
post Jun 7 2009, 03:18 PM
Post #23

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 7.072

QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Apr 21 2009, 06:58 PM) *
1. So first of all, please give me 5 of your favourite Iron Maiden songs, and try to choose wisely...
1. Dance of Death- coolest melody ever...at a party once, i turned this up, and everyone started dancing...magical.
2. Hallowed be thy Name- when that solo comes at you hard, its all over! plus the harmony parts are cool
3. Clans Man- cool song theme, very kick butt!
4. Aces High- Great harmonies, fun to play, crowd pleaser
5. The Mercenary- not very widly listened to, but it shows their more metal style...but i like soloing over that song biggrin.gif

i pretty much tried to pick one of every style they did, from their old stuff, to their new stuff...they are very versatile, and honestly i can pick just 5 sounds

2. For each song, explain why you chose it. Was it a cool and soothing intro, a wicked solo, cool lyrics, a nice and catchy melody ? Up to you.
see above

3. What do YOU think Iron Maiden accomplishes greatly in their songs ? I can give you a short list that you can add to if you want, or choose from it.

-Harmonies
-Stories
-Meaning
-Melody
-Loyalty
-Versatility

4. Now to the solos. Which guitarist do you think is the best at writing appropriate solos ? Why ?
Adrian Smith....

everyone seems to think he is a bluesy player. well all 3 of the guitarists are bluesy and come from a bluesy background, but from the mid 90's on, adrian has been creating more shred like solos, with sweeps and arpeggios...especially in Bruce Dickinsons solo stuff...the last 3 maiden albums prove me right

I agree with you, Marc_Maiden ! However I somehow prefer Dave ! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2017 - 12:34 AM