Best Hd Webcam, Any recomendations?
David Wallimann
Apr 20 2009, 02:55 PM
Instructor
I recently made the switch to a MacbookPro which I love.
The built in Isight is great to chat, but not good enough for my work at GMC.
I am trying to spend more time working on good content and trying to cut all the work that is time consuming.

One of the things that I am trying to save time on is the transfer from my camcorder to my computer.
If I could film the lessons directly into my computer, I could spend more time serving you on the forum and working on cool stuff such as collabs.

I am looking for a great High Def webcam. Any recommendations? If you have actual video footage that would be killer! I also know that it is possible to use a Firewire camcorder as a webcam, unfortunately, my camcorder is not Firewire...

What do you guys think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Matt23
Apr 20 2009, 02:58 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I own a firewire camcorder so I don't know if this is possible on the camcorder that you have, but can you import to your computer as you film, in your video editing software?

Edit: I just saw that you said you couldn't in your original post. Sorry

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Matt23: Apr 20 2009, 03:01 PM

+Quote Post
Bondy
Apr 20 2009, 03:29 PM
Learning Roadie
I just bought a Logitech Sphere AF its pretty good, you can get it for around £71, heres the website, 2mp video with 8mp stills

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/webcam_c...80&cl=gb,en

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Apr 20 2009, 05:15 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
I borrowed the company's Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 over the weekend. It works pretty well. I'm not sure I have it on the highest setting though. Make sure to watch the video in "HD".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrrodpWLcWs

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Apr 20 2009, 05:20 PM
Instructor
Very nice!
I just found an old camcorder that has Firewire.
I'm gonna give that a try...

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Apr 20 2009, 07:14 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
For those that want to see what the QuickCam Pro 9000 can do, here's a link to video I shot in my office that hasn't been compressed. File is about 6 MB.

http://lmdemo.net/walliman/Video%203.wmv

It's a very clear video. Reflected right above the bridge of the bass, you can sing the silver ring of the lens cam. In the last few frames of the video, you can see the reflection my monitor on the guitar.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Frederik
Apr 20 2009, 07:20 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Quickcam 9000 pro is nice, i have it, its high quality and easy to use interface

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 22 2009, 01:04 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Apr 20 2009, 03:55 PM) *
I recently made the switch to a MacbookPro which I love.
The built in Isight is great to chat, but not good enough for my work at GMC.
I am trying to spend more time working on good content and trying to cut all the work that is time consuming.

One of the things that I am trying to save time on is the transfer from my camcorder to my computer.
If I could film the lessons directly into my computer, I could spend more time serving you on the forum and working on cool stuff such as collabs.

I am looking for a great High Def webcam. Any recommendations? If you have actual video footage that would be killer! I also know that it is possible to use a Firewire camcorder as a webcam, unfortunately, my camcorder is not Firewire...

What do you guys think?

Hmm do you especially need that camcorder to work as a web cam (meaning in MSN, SKYPE etc?) or you just want to be able to capture directly from the cam to the computer withouth using tape/SD cards etc? If its the second option what you want , then you need a good camcorder that has the firewire interface. You will then hook it up to your computer , open the video editing software and go to the capture option there. You will instantly see the live feed from the camera there. Now you just have to hit the record button on your video editing software in order to capture video directly! That works for all camcorders that have firewire interface. (some are able to do only streaming FROM the cam but many have it both ways , for transferring footage from PC to the CAMs tape too).

I would recommend something like this : http://www.sony.co.uk/product/hdd-hdv/hdr-hc5e

p.s. As I remember , I think its possible to use all camcorders via firewire/usb to act as your web cam in MSN , SKYPE...

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Apr 22 2009, 01:05 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
DaniHel
Apr 22 2009, 02:08 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Hi there David,

I use a SONY HDR-SR5

It´s really good, has large Hard Drive memory, easy usb file transfer, and you get really nice 1080i HD

You´ve seen my Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle video, it was recorded using that camera smile.gif

If you´d like me to film something specific and upload so you can see how it looks just say so wink.gif

Cheers

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 22 2009, 02:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mjwlCfvgtY&fmt=22 is recorded in HD with Quick cam 9000. Quality can go even higher though.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Canis
Apr 22 2009, 02:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (DaniHel @ Apr 22 2009, 03:08 PM) *
Hi there David,

I use a SONY HDR-SR5

It´s really good, has large Hard Drive memory, easy usb file transfer, and you get really nice 1080i HD

You´ve seen my Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle video, it was recorded using that camera smile.gif

If you´d like me to film something specific and upload so you can see how it looks just say so wink.gif

Cheers

I concur to this statement!
My friend has the same camera, it seems almost industry quality!

The Logitech QuickCam 9000 is great as well, though. I remember a topic Caelumamittendum made about half a year ago, where he gave us some good videos of what I think was that very camera, but the videos in that thread seem to have been removed..

Edit: Cael himself beat me to it xD

This post has been edited by Canis: Apr 22 2009, 02:25 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 22 2009, 03:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah, I deleted some of those old videoes, as they took up quite some space in my attachment... limit-bar.

--------------------

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Apr 22 2009, 05:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DaniHel @ Apr 22 2009, 09:08 AM) *
Hi there David,

I use a SONY HDR-SR5

Cheers

Can you post the link to that video again please?

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 22 2009, 10:07 AM) *
Yeah, I deleted some of those old videoes, as they took up quite some space in my attachment... limit-bar.

Awesome quality man!
And great playing too!
Did you synch the audio with the movie after?
Or is that the sound from the webcam as well?

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 22 2009, 06:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Apr 22 2009, 06:03 PM) *
Awesome quality man!
And great playing too!
Did you synch the audio with the movie after?
Or is that the sound from the webcam as well?

Naeh, I'm too lazy for syncing. In the Quickcam program that follows along with the webcam you can choose sound interface or whatever it's called, I just put it to Emu 1212m and have everything recorded that way. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Apr 23 2009, 03:31 PM
Instructor
Awesome!
That's convenient!
I think I'm gonna save up and get the Sony HD camcorder... Thanks for everyone's advice!

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:45 PM