Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Success! I'm in the band!
Steelkonsum
post Feb 1 2007, 03:10 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.066

So, I just got home from the first session of playing with other humans ever!

And they seemed to think I was good enough and they actually surprised me positvely, they had been so modest about their skills. We played some easy songs with just normal strumming but it was absolutely one of the best experiences in guitar playing ever.

So I'm in and the next rehearsal (spelling?) is tomorrow, but it's a big maybe due to the drummer being sick and so. But in worse case its tuesday next week so that's cool.

I'm hyped. laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
post Feb 1 2007, 03:57 AM
Post #2

Instructor

Group: Passive
Member No.: 1.055

Hey congratulations man!
I remember me being accepted for my first band so i know your feeling man! Congrats once again! That will be a great experience!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
MickeM
post Feb 1 2007, 04:00 AM
Post #3

Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader

Member No.: 1.062

Cool!!!

What will you be playing?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Steelkonsum
post Feb 1 2007, 04:20 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (MickeM @ Feb 1 2007, 04:00 AM) *
Cool!!!

What will you be playing?

I will be playing guitar biggrin.gif

As in term of styles I really don't know, we were just trying to get somewhat coordinated today. Did some Guns n Roses slow songs and Ozzy and some swedish trallpunk.

And thanks Pavel, it feels really great biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
post Feb 1 2007, 04:28 AM
Post #5

Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader

Member No.: 1.062

QUOTE (Steelkonsum @ Feb 1 2007, 04:20 AM) *
I will be playing guitar biggrin.gif

LOL I think you'd do great on fåntratt laugh.gif

Happy for you, there's nothing more fun than to play with others. LOUD!!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
beebo
post Feb 1 2007, 05:27 AM
Post #6

GMC:er

Member No.: 970

I wonder if it feels any different because I was hyped about starting a band and getting people but I guess it's the same. Anyway I no how u feel and just wait till' u make up ur own songs then the feeling is twice as good! Good luck and remember just have fun with it biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Molgan
post Feb 2 2007, 12:16 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 284

QUOTE (Steelkonsum @ Feb 1 2007, 06:10 AM) *
So, I just got home from the first session of playing with other humans ever!

And they seemed to think I was good enough and they actually surprised me positvely, they had been so modest about their skills. We played some easy songs with just normal strumming but it was absolutely one of the best experiences in guitar playing ever.

So I'm in and the next rehearsal (spelling?) is tomorrow, but it's a big maybe due to the drummer being sick and so. But in worse case its tuesday next week so that's cool.

I'm hyped. laugh.gif

Great! Its really fun to play in a band! I have played in a lot of bands, but only temporarily as a stand in for others during sickness or something. So now i have played in a: Deathmetal band, punkrock band and a experimental metal band etc. The only thing i haven`t been playing in is of course what i really want to play in, a blues/rock band laugh.gif . Can`t seem to find any where i live. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Feb 2 2007, 01:12 AM
Post #8

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2

Awesome biggrin.gif - congrats!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Steelkonsum
post Feb 2 2007, 04:00 AM
Post #9

Thanks everyone!

We had a second rehearsal today. Was really great. 2 hours of guitar, giggling, sighing and some not very accurate attempts on diverse stuff. But we did get Knockin' On Heavens Door (Bob dylan style with GnR solo) and GnR - Patience down today. Also Ozzy - Dreamer and we did some attemps on Blue Oyster Cult - Astronomy which went OK. And some other stuff which didnt work out too good.

Absolutely most fun ever. I wanna play in a band every day, every hour, every frickin second!

The girls are really skilled (won't say talented 'cause Im with Kris on the no-talent branch) and very nice overall. We really get along great, feels like Ive known em for years already!

I dont know how I ever will be able to do something that isnt music related as a work after this sort of experience. I just dont.

+Quote Post
VinceG
post Feb 2 2007, 10:50 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 973

Congrats bro. As for me i just quit my first band. I was good friends with both of them so everything was cool. It wasnt personal or anything mostly just music difference between me and the other guitarist. He likes playing classic rock/hard rock while I like playing sludge and death metal. We had a few rehearsals, it was really fun. Played some GnR, AC/DC, Wolfmother, Danzig but not on my alley so i quit. Im thinking of starting up my own death metal band, i already got a decent bassist and another guitaris/drummer thats also a good friend of mine and thought me a lot on guitars when i didnt have gmc. Its a great thing that the band you joined had similar taste in music as you because its right on your alley and your comfortable playing it, huge plus. Have fun, keep rockin, put up the horns high.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th January 2017 - 08:30 PM