> Riff Works Experiences
Giacinto
post Apr 26 2009, 01:23 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.069

Hey guys,
do you have any experiences with Riff Works?
I got the line 6 demo and i quite liked it and decided to buy it. Unfortunately I am a bit confused, because there
are two different versions (Standart and Line 6 v.2) and I am not sure which to buy.
I have line 6 hardware (pod x3) but I guess Riff Works Standart also works with the x3 except it offers more promising
possibilities that the line 6 version doesnt have and you can also use Gearbox or Pod Farm as a VST plug-in..

Do you know about any major differences that speak against the Standart version which costs just 20 $ more and can be sold in a store ( i dont like the idea of buying the line 6 version online - and thats the only possibility you have! )..

thanks for some advice! laugh.gif huh.gif

This post has been edited by Giacinto: Apr 26 2009, 01:24 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
post Apr 27 2009, 11:46 AM
Post #2

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 3.381

Hey Giacinto

I work with Riffworks Standard. I think the Line 6 one is a lite version that probably doesn't have all the features as the standard, (I need to check, but I think the standard version comes with more backing drums).

Its a relatively good package to get down some ideas you have on your guitar. If there is a fault with it is that you can't import mp3's in which makes for playing in collabs a bit tricky, and why I also purchased a non commercial copy of Reaper.

If you click on this link it will take you to a page where you can buy a download version of Riffworks Standard.Riffworks Standard Download

This post has been edited by Crazyfret: Apr 27 2009, 11:49 AM

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
Giacinto
post Apr 27 2009, 04:04 PM
Post #3

GMC:er

Member No.: 1.069

oh thanks man! and standart works without problems with "all" devices, so i won't get any problems with my POD?

cheers

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
post Apr 27 2009, 04:53 PM
Post #4

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 3.381

QUOTE (Giacinto @ Apr 27 2009, 04:04 PM) *
oh thanks man! and standart works without problems with "all" devices, so i won't get any problems with my POD?

cheers

Riffworks works fine with your Pod. I record with my Podxt without any probs

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2017 - 10:52 PM