Help Needed Gr3
herrb
Apr 27 2009, 10:21 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys!

I got a problem with guitar rig 3. When i open the program and start the metronome (i haven't done a lot more yet), i hear the metronome twice, slightly off. like an echo. i wondered if that was because both gr3 and windows send a signal or something? but i can't figure out what the real problem is. maybe some of you can help me?

greetz, peter

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 27 2009, 12:55 PM
Instructor
Maybe you have to assign proper audio drivers and audio device to GR3.
You opened it as stand-alone app or like plugin within a DAW?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
herrb
Apr 27 2009, 02:23 PM
i opened it standalone i think. what would be a DAW?

i'll try audio drivers!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 27 2009, 02:34 PM
Instructor
what sound card do you use, and did you select that sound card in GR3 ASIO options?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
herrb
Apr 27 2009, 03:22 PM
whenn i connetct my guitar, i seems not to run through gr3, just normal line in, line out to my speakers i use a soundmax integraed digital hd soundcard which came with my motherboard. gr3 audio settings are followings:

Interface: Direct sound
Outut device: Speakers (soundmax integraed digital hd )
Input Device: Line-In (soundmax integraed digital hd )

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Apr 29 2009, 09:41 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Maybe you should try a "proper" interface that comes with Asio drivers, they are much superior to regular ones. There are many different options, a small and not too expensive USB audio interface should perfectly do the job. You could check out M- Audio for example, for my laptop I am using one of their interfaces and never had a problem

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 29 2009, 11:07 AM
Instructor
Marcus is right. Your soundcard is simply not strong enough to run Guitar Rig. You need a good sound card/interface that has ASIO drivers and that can process the audio signal fast enough through the system so it comes out without any delay. You current sound card is not made for that and it processes the signal to slowly, so you hear echoes and delay. This is also knows as latency.

If you want suggestions on what to get, feel free to ask questions, we'll gladly help.

cheers

--------------------

+Quote Post
mba64
Apr 29 2009, 02:24 PM
You can also try this Asiodrivers http://www.asio4all.com/.
I hade the same problem with my creative soundcard and it was the asiodrivers that vreative hade that was bad,try Asio for free they made a big improvment to my latency.

--------------------
LTD WA-600 (EMG JH)
Cort Bass
M-Audio AV40

+Quote Post
herrb
Apr 29 2009, 02:34 PM
thanks a lot guys!

Ok I've changed a lot now.

First, i got my Edirol UA-1EX USB-Audio Interface by Roland. I bought it some time ago to record stuff, but since i don't record a lot anymore, i didn't use it. I installed drivers properly and set settings in GR3 as well. Now i plugged my guitar into my usb interface and output of usb interface to my litte guitar amp. it runs through gr3 i can use the tuner etc. and everything, but it sounds terrible! echo is still there. but only guitar rig 3 sound is mashed up and distorted as hell (i mean the bad way of distorded like hell ) :

i think maybe soundcard is broken and/or to lame for gr3 still : ( any suggestions

i wanted to add a sound example but unfortunately upload doesn't really work at this time : (

i'll try now asio drivers with this soundcard!

This post has been edited by herrb: Apr 29 2009, 02:36 PM

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 29 2009, 03:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (herrb @ Apr 29 2009, 03:34 PM) *
i'll try now asio drivers with this soundcard!

Try those by all means and let us know how it went. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Apr 29 2009, 03:02 PM
Instructor
I've had that same problem a while back and switching to asio fixed it, you should be OK now.
Let us know!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Apr 29 2009, 03:04 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
The Edirol card might not be supplying the right impedance signal for your guitar amp herrb. I'm not sure what the spec is on the card but the output is more likely to be line level and would be intended to feed either active speakers or go to a desk/cd recorder etc. If that's the case your signal to the guitar amp will probably sound very distorted and compressed.

If you can try taking the out from the edirol to some active monitors or some pc speakers. Or alternatively if it has a headphone out listen to the signal via headphones and see what it's like. If it still sounds bad then the issue is elsewhere.

Make sure that you have the card at the same sampling frequency and bit depth as the GR3. Not sure what the GR3 would be but quite probably 44.1 and 24 bit. It may however be at 44.1 and 16 or possibly 48 and 24. Edirol allows you to change the setting but I don't think they let you do it on the fly so you have to choose the setting when you power it up.

BTW from experience with Roland soundcards/interfaces - the Edirol should come with ASIO and MME drivers. When you install the card you may get an option to choose which one to use, ASIO is better generally. From experience Edirol stuff generally doesn't like it if you load/install both drivers so you may well have to choose.

One last bit - when it is up and going ok you should think about disabling the onboard card when you use GR3 else you may gets some conflicts.

Best of luck smile.gif

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
herrb
Apr 29 2009, 04:54 PM
It's Done!

ASIO driver rule they solved the problem (don't have to say that in the end you guys made my day and helped my gr3 to run)

it's just a bit off. maybe a last tip to improve latency?

The Status of the Devices in the Device List is pretty funny with the Status: Beyond Logic and it's Symbol for Female lol xD

and you need a usb interface, basic soundcard won't do it.

again thanks!

btw: is is the most competent and professional forum i've ever visited.

This post has been edited by herrb: Apr 29 2009, 04:59 PM

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 29 2009, 10:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (herrb @ Apr 29 2009, 05:54 PM) *
it's just a bit off. maybe a last tip to improve latency?

Hmm, not sure if you can actually do a lot
except adjust it IF your software/hardware allows that.
You should open your audio card control panel and see if
there's an option to adjust latency/buffer size.
Also there is similar option in many DAWs (like Cubase, Logic, Protools etc),
usually under Devices tab or som.

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 30 2009, 01:19 PM
Instructor
Your sound card should have options somewhere, try through Start>programs or in Control Panel. There you can adjust buffer size for your card. The smaller the buffer, smaller the latency, but bigger strain on your CPU, and vise versa. Play a bit with the setting and see if you can find a correct balance.
It may be possible in the end that you have to have small latency, depending of the interface. Not all USB interfaces have such a small latency, and I'm not sure if your USB interface is that fast to have latency bellow 10ms which is considered some kind of a limit I guess.
Also, latency can be a bit decreased if you raise the sampling rate (for example put 96kHz or 48kHz in GR3 as sampling rate, this usually cuts down the latency).

cheers

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:15 AM