2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Mtp Competition #2, Information thread.
audiopaal
Apr 28 2009, 07:12 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
It's time for a new competition smile.gif

This competition will be used to select 5 lucky intermediates for signup in the MTP,
and you are competing for the chance to be mentored by none other than our very own:

Attached Image

Ivan Milenkovic

What we need from you:
  • A list of your previous forum uploads (to demonstrate skill levels and commitment) -
    if you don't have any yet we don't mind if you upload a few in the next few days smile.gif

• A list of up to 5 links showing forum posts in while you have helped others
    (they can be within the initial competition period if you don't have too many yet)

• A Video explaining where your playing is at, what you want to achieve as a player,
    and why you think you would make a good Mentor (Intermediate mentors will be required to
    mentor up to 5 beginners as part of the program)

Of course the devil is in the detail, so here are the rules:
  • The competition starts immediately. All potential Intermediates must register their interest
    in the separate signup thread here, and their entry must include:
    - A list of GMC Forum Uploads showing you have been active in producing music and have recording skills etc
    - A list of up to 5 links showing forum posts in while you have helped others
    (they can be within the initial competition period if you don't have too many yet)
    - A video explaining where your playing is at, what you want to achieve as a player,
    and why you think you would make a good Mentor.

• After a 2 week period, entries will be closed, and the next phase will start.

• Our panel of judges, Kris, Andrew & Chris Evans will select a list of up to 10 intermediates
    to make it through to the next phase, selection will be made based on skill,
    helpfulness quality of uploads and overall suitability to be a Mentor as well
    as being able to benefit from mentoring by our instructor.

• Each of the 10 intermediates will be assigned a Beginner to Mentor for the period of 1 month.
    Mentoring will be carried out in the same way as the test mentoring was by Kris and Smells -
    use of the agenda will continue in the same way.

• Test Mentors will be provided with a suggested sylabus and a list of guidelines to help them.
    They will be expected to show evidence of ability to guide less experienced members,
    assess skill levels and pitch their mentoring appropriately.

• At the end of this one month process, our panel of judges will make an assessment
    based on the overall success of mentoring, with input from the beginners,
    and through examination of the Agendas.

• The top 5 intermediates will be accepted into the program, and will start to be mentored
    by the instructor, and over a period of time will be matched up with additional beginners
    to a maximum of 5, to continue their mentoring duties.

• In this competition, judgment of suitability will be made by our panel of judges,
    and their decision will be final.

• The prize on offer is to be mentored by a GMC instructor, and no equivalent is on offer.

Sign-ups and entries; HERE!

Good luck everyone smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Apr 28 2009, 07:14 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tolek
Apr 28 2009, 07:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
Awesome! biggrin.gif I´m looking forward to observe the members and compare their way with our, from the first MTP block. Really cool to see Ivan as a mentor. wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
sted
Apr 28 2009, 07:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
Dont know if im good enough to be a mentor, but ill be damned if i dont give this my best shot!!!

+Quote Post
Matt23
Apr 28 2009, 07:37 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I'd love to enter this, but my camcorder's not working. sad.gif It might be fixed within 2 weeks but it's unlikely.

+Quote Post
enforcer
Apr 28 2009, 07:38 PM
GMC:er
Oh my god! this will be awesome for sure biggrin.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Farmer Joe
Apr 28 2009, 07:39 PM
This sounds great. Maybe I'll be ready for one of these by the 4th or 5th round laugh.gif
Good luck to all those who enter smile.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 28 2009, 07:41 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
This is great to see. We have a lot of good intermediate players here and provided they have time, could really benefit some lucky beginners. smile.gif Not to mention a chance to be mentored by Ivan, how cool is that! cool.gif Good luck to all who enters. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Artemus
Apr 28 2009, 07:44 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Hmm....
*(still) wonders whether he should try*

This post has been edited by Artemus: Apr 28 2009, 10:02 PM

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
enforcer
Apr 28 2009, 07:47 PM
I really want to join this but I don't know if I developed right skills after my first attempt smile.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 28 2009, 08:44 PM
As much as I'd love to study under Ivan I still don't have the facilities to record Video!!
sad.gif mad.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
superize
Apr 28 2009, 08:47 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I will give this another shot

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 28 2009, 08:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
Now is the time that I wish I hadn't thrown away my Pandora...

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Apr 28 2009, 09:25 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Looking forward to see how this 2nd round will develop smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 28 2009, 09:36 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (enforcer @ Apr 28 2009, 02:47 PM) *
I really want to join this but I don't know if I developed right skills after my first attempt smile.gif

Of course you should try! It was really very close the last time, no-one did anything other than a great job, we were looking for some specific things, and your experience will stand you in good stead - please, re-enter!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Apr 29 2009, 01:28 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
This is a great opportunity, no matter whether you think you can do it or not.

I always encourage people to try and interview for jobs that they may not be right for. It gives one more experience when the right job and right time comes along.

The same can be said for auditions. The more you audition, the better you will be at it...and the more relaxed. Regardless of whether you are accepted with this audition, it's worth trying. You will gain more experience, you will be able to see the criteria of which the winners are chosen by, and you will look more objectively at these opportunities as they arise. My vote would be, regardless of whether you think you are there or not, try and see. It will be a worthwhile exercise no matter what!

Cheers!

Tom in Canada

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Frederik
Apr 29 2009, 11:09 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I would love 2 be mentored by Ivan, hes the instrucktor that fits my taste the most

-Frederik

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 29 2009, 02:53 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Wow, this is awesome news for the MTP, just great smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Pavlov
Apr 30 2009, 09:01 AM
Wow, that's awesome indeed. I should *really* get a recorder at one point. Ivan's funk and some of his blues is exactly the style I want to become proficient in. For now though, I'll just practice his lessons the best I can. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Pavlov: Apr 30 2009, 09:02 AM

+Quote Post
NickHugo
May 1 2009, 04:15 PM
Should the forum uploads be improvs or just any song you've recorded? I'm mainly a fingerstyle folk player but over the past 2 years i've been practicing my lead guitar skills doing pentatonic and modal improvisations. I consider myself an advanced fingerstylist but I'd much rather be judged on my lead ability then my singer-songwriter stuff so would it be acceptable for me to just create a couple of improv tracks and upload those?

--------------------
www.myspace.com/nickhugo

+Quote Post
Rik Veldhuizen
May 2 2009, 11:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
Great stuff, again...! good luck to anyone applying... smile.gif Can't say that it be fair for me to try, given that I'm not too active on the forum (more reading than posting, obviously), but always checking Ivan's lessons...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:08 AM