Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Metalconcepts, A simple lesson with basic metal concepts
post Apr 28 2009, 08:33 PM
Post #1

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.495

I came up with this little riff last week, and I just had to record it, so I did that today.
Then I was inspired by all the great lessons here at GMC, and I wanted to create a lesson myself.
There is nothing in it that a total beginner wouldn't be able to play in a short time, but it still covers a lot of topics.

Palm muting
Pinch Harmonics
(Look up these subjects if you are not familiar with them)

I put a backing track here too, if anyone wants to try and play it.

Here is the first couple of lines:

G------------------------ Palm muting is used here, right hand is used to mute strings (If you are not playing left handed)

G------------------ Harmonics on every note, touch the string gently, without pressing it down.
D------------------ On the fifth and fourth fret your finger must touch nearest to the guitar body.
A------------------ On the third fret you have to touch closer to the guitar head to produce the right sound

G--<7>\2-- Here we've got the first pinch harmonic. Immediately after the string is picked your thumb
D----------- has to strike the string too. Picking direction is down and to the right. Add some vibrato by
A----------- bending the string slightly up and down. The sound will depend on where you pick with the thumb.
E----------- The ending is a slow slide towards the guitar head.

That's all for now, this was the riff I came up with last week.
If anyone want's other parts tabbed, I'll do it all for free laugh.gif

So hit me with your critique, but remember I have no idea have to write a metal bassline, that's why there is no bass.

This post has been edited by Ulrik: May 15 2009, 10:15 AM

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2016 - 09:21 PM