6 USAMAN
7 Alex Lewis
8 LPR9
9 DaniHel
10 JVM

Comments:

As usual I'll write a positive critic and a study direction to improve

1 kaznie_NL

wink.gif Listening to this collab, I can say for sure that you made big improvement over a short period of time (comparing to previously collab) both timing and guitar sound, ideas are more concise and the solo is structured.

mad.gif I feel the guitar sound a little bit to much effected, I know that is a matter of taste, but sometime can hide mistake, specially when practicing use a dry as possible sound

2 leedbreak

wink.gif Great idea to create a complementary riff that works in time with the one in the backing, a clever use of repetition to create interest and a nice anding a fast scale run, everything played with a dark sound as I like.

mad.gif Really not too much to complain here, try to work more with a metronome, it's never enough biggrin.gif

3 Outlaw2112

wink.gif Clean playing with no mistake in the execution, and a crazy chorused distortion, very unusual and unique

mad.gif try to add more rhythm variations as you have done in the final part, mixing different rhythm figures, sequences are cool but overdo can produce a boring effect biggrin.gif

4 kjutte

wink.gif Great vibrato man! nice sweep picking and good strong ideas

mad.gif as usual is a matter of taste, but I'll work more on guitar sound, you reached a good level of playing, you need something more professional for your recording

5 Marek Rojewski

wink.gif Nice solo, well structured with good ideas, nice picking and timing

mad.gif work more on your guitar sound, too much bright to my ears and no mids. Low mids are the body of the guitar, never cut them on solo sounds

6 USAMAN

wink.gif Nice Zakk Wyldesque blues riffing and pentatonic picking, I like the sound and the vibrato.

mad.gif Bending are not always in tune, nearly there, but you can improve it working with a tuner and some bending licks

7 Alex Lewis

ohmy.gif Great solo, sound, timing. You used different techniques with mastery and doubled the ending riff...good Job!

mad.gif This is really a personal improvement: I really prefer wide and slow vibrato, to short & fast, the one you use most in your solo, listen to yourself carefully and experiment with it, at least you have to be able to play both kinds

8 LPR9

wink.gif Great "Alex Lifeson/Rush" sound, dist+Phaser makes the guitar sound "moves" I really enjoyed the double stop riffs you put in there and the solo in general

mad.gif the alternate picking part is not well "quantize" work slowly with a metronome on repetitive patter and your speed will increase sooner as you might expect

9 DaniHel

wink.gif Nice "liquid" sound and melodic soloing, great sweep technique, legato and phrasing in general...good job man!

mad.gif there is really not to much to be angry here biggrin.gif as you can hear your sound was higher on the left channel, maybe you can invest some time improving recording quality, you have good technique and melodic ideas, you deserve it

10 JVM

wink.gif fantastic "crying" opening and initial riffing with great melodic ideas, good timing too

mad.gif last part of the doublestop bending is out of tune and ruins the initial effect, also spend same time on guitar sound, try to add more "body"
I'm sure you didn't had much time on this one, with a bit of practice could became a great solo

Thanks everybody to join my collab

This post has been edited by Joe Kataldo: May 10 2009, 08:04 PM

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DaniHel
post Apr 30 2009, 11:04 PM
Post #2

Learning Tone Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 6.168

Cool!

Waiting patiently for the comments! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
post May 1 2009, 12:28 AM
Post #3

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 1.984

Hey Joe, I can surely get a take done for you by the first. School has been hectic lately with finals coming up, but I am on my weekend now so I'll get one done for you smile.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
post May 1 2009, 11:01 AM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.681

QUOTE (JVM @ May 1 2009, 12:28 AM) *
Hey Joe, I can surely get a take done for you by the first. School has been hectic lately with finals coming up, but I am on my weekend now so I'll get one done for you smile.gif

great...pm when you post it! biggrin.gif

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
DaniHel
post May 3 2009, 10:41 PM
Post #5

Learning Tone Guru

How are those comments goin? tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
LPR9
post May 4 2009, 04:37 PM
Post #6

Learning Tone Master

Member No.: 7.027

QUOTE (DaniHel @ May 3 2009, 11:41 PM) *
How are those comments goin? tongue.gif

Hi Joe,
like Danihel, I look forward to getting your comments

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
post May 5 2009, 06:17 PM
Post #7

Instructor
Group Icon

They are ready, I'm just waiting some more takes from other GMC'er to close the collab and publish them all wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
post May 9 2009, 06:58 PM
Post #8

Experienced Tone Seeker

Group: Passive
Member No.: 3.471

Hey Joe, are you going to whait for all the takes? Cause that might take ages wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
post May 10 2009, 08:04 PM
Post #9

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ May 9 2009, 07:58 PM) *
Hey Joe, are you going to whait for all the takes? Cause that might take ages wink.gif

Nope biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DaniHel
post May 10 2009, 09:38 PM
Post #10

Learning Tone Guru

Thanks for the comments Joe!

I´m glad you noticed that left being higher thing, when i record for some reason the playback on cubase the left meter always goes higher than the right =| Have to check it out.

Once again thanks alot, was really cool to have you comment my take, and thanks for the awesome backing track!

Will definitely be in your next collab

Cheers!

--------------------

+Quote Post
LPR9
post May 10 2009, 10:08 PM
Post #11

Learning Tone Master

Member No.: 7.027

QUOTE (Joe Kataldo @ Apr 30 2009, 11:08 PM) *
8 LPR9

wink.gif Great "Alex Lifeson/Rush" sound, dist+Phaser makes the guitar sound "moves" I really enjoyed the double stop riffs you put in there and the solo in general

mad.gif the alternate picking part is not well "quantize" work slowly with a metronome on repetitive patter and your speed will increase sooner as you might expect

hi Joe ,
many thanks for the feedback !

some more info on my sound : this is my Les Paul > Orange thunderberb 50 head > celestion cab > SM57 > DAW

I've added the effect thanks to guitar rig 3, its called crunch o sonic, I figured it would fit well with the song.

In regards to double stops, actually the idea came from one of your lessons, https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...hm-with-triads/ , where I basically used simillar triads, but speed them up and played those as double stops , since the backtrack was really rythmic oriented .
I also used a pattern from gabriel's lesson, in the style of blues saraceno, https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...raceno-lesson2/ and I slow it down this time to get to the groove with your backtrack.

for the rest I know I have to practice my speed picking , that one was a first attempt to go outside my confort zone . i'll work on metronome as much as possible..
thanks !

This post has been edited by LPR9: May 10 2009, 10:45 PM

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
post May 11 2009, 05:01 AM
Post #12

GMC:er

Member No.: 3.852

Hey Joe,

thanks for putting this together and the comments.. I really enjoyed participating in this. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
post May 11 2009, 05:42 AM
Post #13

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 1.984

Thanks for the collaboration Joe. I knew the tuning was probably a bit off on some of the bends, but I was having a bit of recording anxiety from not uploading recently tongue.gif After about my 50th take I just decided to send it in anyway smile.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
post May 11 2009, 04:05 PM
Post #14

Experienced Tone Seeker

Group: Passive
Member No.: 3.471

Hehe, I feel kinda sorry for my take tongue.gif Wasn't very good wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
post May 11 2009, 09:15 PM
Post #15

Instructor
Group Icon

Thanks to all for participating biggrin.gif

A new collab is Up

Low Down - B Dorian

cool.gif I Want you! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 12:12 PM