Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hello
gardner
post Feb 3 2007, 11:41 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.155

hello my name is jens pedersen from denmark.. i have been playing guitar for around 2,5 year. but with many many brakes. my interestes for guitar and general music started when i was on a school type we in denmark call efterskole. which is somehow compareable to a bordingschool. at my last year there. i started to listen to music another way.. because i was only hearing songs with solos most of the time. but the music i had at that moment was music with solos of the lowerclass or what i should call. but enough of that. then i wanted to learn to play a specific song called: i love my computer, from a band called bad religion. bad religion makes punk music. so i asked my bigbrother if i could borrow his old guitar. a Ibanez Rx korean thing. and i borrowed it and started to try and learn the song. meanwhille alot other of my friends from the school started playing guitar aswell because we had a teacher who was teaching us sometimes. i was also attending here because i thought i would be a good start, well he told alot of good things about guitar. and showed us some typical easy open chords like dmajor, amajor and gmajor. and i started to practics those chords but i couldnt barly strum a good rythm. so i did not put that much effort into the open chords. then one of my friends told me that he was used to find tabs on the internet. ok so i went there i saw if they had the song i was looking for. and they had. so i got that song... and saw tabs for the first time. i learned how to read tabs kinda fast. and i reallised that the song was played with power chords and 8th notes. so i started to play those with only down strokes and forgot all about the open chords because i only wanted to learn that song. when i could most of the song. i still had a problem and that was the solo, i didnt knew how i should be able to play it or even find out the way it should sound. so i asked one of my teachers to make a very very simple solo. finaly i could play the song. and i was going to play it on a concert the school makes every year. and the day come and i played it together with some friends and i got a feeling i never had befor. but i was going to stop on the school because i was done. so i had a problem how to learn the diffrent things of music and such. but after i stopped i only touched my guitar in times where i didnt know what to spend my time on. but now i have bought my own guitar and found this page then i hope i can learn what i want to be.. i bought a Epiphone les paul since i looks like that kind of guitar slash uses, just a cheap model.

my current guitar problems i still the openchords i am so bad a switch from each. so if any know a good exercis please feel free to post it...

Best Regards Gardner

--------------------
I play so the flowers grow i i i i i i
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Feb 5 2007, 09:13 AM
Post #2

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2

Welcome gardner! biggrin.gif

If you have ac hord progression that's C-Am-G

I would suggest spending two days on just the switch C-Am

two days on Am-G

two days on G-C

A week on putting C-Am-G-C-Am-G-C-Am-G-C-Am-G together and you will have no more problems! smile.gif

Kris

--------------------

+Quote Post
gardner
post Feb 7 2007, 12:50 AM
Post #3

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.155

thanks for the tip. i have been doing the progressions you said.

and it seems to get very smooth. hehe i maybe wasnt that bad at changing open chord as i my have sounded like. but i thought i was one of the main things on guitar i needed most practice..

so if i feel like i have some chords which are hard to grab or switch to or whatever should i just do that, or should i find chord progression and do my exercises out of that ?

--------------------
I play so the flowers grow i i i i i i

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2017 - 04:04 PM