3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Need Some Advices From Cat Owners:), I am thinking about having one:)
post May 5 2009, 01:54 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.189

QUOTE (Dejan Farkas @ May 5 2009, 06:44 AM) *
I don't have any experience with female cats, but for males it is recommended to neuter before their hormones start to work, I did mine when was 4 months old. The main reasons for that are as follows, male cats often mark their teritories by urinating on walls and furniture (if it happens, neutering will not be of help anymore, so it had to be done in advance), then male cats want to escape to find their mates. My cat is now almost 2 years old, and I don't see any negative effects of neutering smile.gif

You're welcome Jakub, I am sure you will have additional questions once you got the cat in, we'll all be happy to help you smile.gif

You are correct that if you really want to minimize the chance of spraying with males, you do it early.

However, myself I believe in letting them mature first, so they develop the Tomcat personality. Then I have them whacked off. Really, I don't have a problem with my 3 Tomcats. I don't think that is a problem for the most part, after they are neutered they should settle down. However I would say this, if you are not going to let your cats out at all, then do as Dejan says, neuter the males at 4 months. Mine don't spray in the house, but they do want to go out and spray. I just like the Tomcat personality, and like I said, I have not really had a problem.

Females, you have got to be nuts not to spay them. I would wait till their first heat though. But if you don't spay them, they will get all stressed, or pregnant if you let them out. Also will have a greater chance of getting cancer. I don't think female cats even like sex. I think nature just wired them to fee real uncomfortable, and the only way they feel comfortable was to stick their rear ends up in the air. The males like though. But Sweetie would always whack Buddy when he got to her, when he was done. As I mentioned before I think, I got him neutered when she first went into heat, and then the next day he started mounting her, and I figured it could do no harm, but as it turned out, cats can still impregnate the females for a few days after being neutered.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post May 14 2009, 11:15 PM
Post #42

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 7.072

QUOTE (AlexLion @ May 5 2009, 02:06 PM) *
What that people done to him??!! laugh.gif

Cats are so funny smile.gif

HAHAHAHAHA ! The part around 1:57 when the cat gets stuck hanging by the ceiling-fan is just hilarious ! biggrin.gif

My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0
+Quote Post
post May 15 2009, 06:39 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 5.926

QUOTE (Alexiaden93 @ May 15 2009, 01:15 AM) *
HAHAHAHAHA ! The part around 1:57 when the cat gets stuck hanging by the ceiling-fan is just hilarious ! biggrin.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif I know, I even thought it`s edited, don`t know smile.gif

This post has been edited by AlexLion: May 15 2009, 06:42 AM
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th October 2016 - 11:26 AM