2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Frustrated And Just Ranting...probably Disregard, Trials and Tribulations of Recording for the REC Program
Marc_Maiden
May 4 2009, 10:13 PM
GMC:er
dude....i wish you kept all 90 something takes...

it would have made for THE BEST bloopers EVER

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
May 4 2009, 10:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ May 4 2009, 11:13 PM) *

We should definately have a blooper thread, to which I'll gladly contribute.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
lcsdds
May 4 2009, 10:33 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I was making my video for Muris's MTP yesterday morning and I basically was just recording my practice session and then going through and picking out the clean takes. As I was going through it there was on part where I let out this huge burp, my wife actually got mad at me because she thought I was doing it right then. laugh.gif tongue.gif Too bad....it was a clean take too. mad.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
NoSkill
May 4 2009, 11:22 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ May 4 2009, 03:13 PM) *

I truly considered keeping them for a blooper real, it's just that, how many times can you watch a car drive into a bridge. Again, I'm glad everyone thought this as funny as it was intended. I do appreciate that the more I do this the better I become. You can't hide if you record. That bum note you hit is obvious. That bum note that you KEEP hitting?

Anyway, thanks for the fun discussion!

Cheers!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
May 4 2009, 11:23 PM
haha ouch been there too, at least you dont have a dog that ruins your best take ;-)

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
May 10 2009, 09:35 PM
Hahhahha i found this hillarious xD

Been there man!

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post
Praetorian
May 10 2009, 10:47 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I LOVED this post! Very funny Tom!! I guess I found it so funny because I also have a very hard time getting a good take. I can nail a lesson...then as soon as the camera turns on and I know I am being recorded, I start playing like I have the hand version of Tourette's Syndrome!

One time, I had the take nailed...it was the last few notes - and my three year old decided to explode into the room chasing my 65 pound English Pointer, crashing into the camera!

QUOTE (NoSkill @ May 4 2009, 06:22 PM) *
I truly considered keeping them for a blooper real, it's just that, how many times can you watch a car drive into a bridge. Again, I'm glad everyone thought this as funny as it was intended. I do appreciate that the more I do this the better I become. You can't hide if you record. That bum note you hit is obvious. That bum note that you KEEP hitting?

Anyway, thanks for the fun discussion!

Cheers!

We HAVE to make a sticky blooper thread!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
kahall
May 11 2009, 12:00 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (NoSkill @ May 3 2009, 08:33 PM) *
Tom in Canada

Very inspiring. I think I will try to record something now. ;-)

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 11 2009, 11:15 AM
Tom, I can totally empathise with this!! Although not for uploading to here, but when I was in a Studio with a Band doing a Demo!!!

QUOTE (AlexLion @ May 4 2009, 03:00 PM) *
haha great post biggrin.gif I suggest to improve your overall technique a bit, then it will be a lot easier when you return to you take.

btw- what is oven mits? don`t understand both words >_<

Alex...
Oven Mits:-

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Fran
May 11 2009, 11:25 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I'm sure most of you already noticed it, but just in case, take a look at Jason's comic strip this week smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=27328

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
JVM
May 11 2009, 02:37 PM
Learning Roadie
Awesome comic, and I agree we MUST make a blooper thread, that is a great idea smile.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
MigeZ
May 15 2009, 07:59 AM
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ May 5 2009, 12:13 AM) *

I hope so too smile.gif The idea of bloopers thread is great smile.gif Screwing up is always so funny to listen biggrin.gif When I'm recording it takes years, even after a perfect shot i think I should adjust the sound etc biggrin.gif I definetly would have some material laugh.gif

This post has been edited by MigeZ: May 15 2009, 08:00 AM

--------------------
MigeZ
What doesn't kill you
Will only make you stronger

+Quote Post
NoSkill
May 18 2009, 04:51 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Great comic thread. I was able to get my head together and get a couple of REC takes posted. They weren't my best effort, but, based on my troubles recording, they are representative of how I play. Thanks to all for support and understanding. I knew I wasn't alone! Thanks to Jason for the GMC Funny. That made my morning.

Cheers!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
May 18 2009, 05:03 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
Great comic hehe, but I'm sure he'll end up nailing it, maybe a few more takes smile.gif

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
stevie ray hey h...
May 18 2009, 10:54 PM
how about intending to record the funniest blooper, but play it right this time... nah, it's just silly smile.gif

--------------------
If I would have lived in a time where guitars not yet excisted, I would have probably invented suicide

+Quote Post
superize
May 20 2009, 10:15 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
This is something i used to have alot of problems with when i first started recording.

Some tips i can give is to learn the lesson untill you know it so you almost cant play it wrong and then record becasue if you are not comfortable with what you are playing you are doomed to mess up while recording because you are more nervous(Atleast i was) when recording then you are when just playing it out...

The other tip is to record yourself as much as possible and eventually you wont be as nervous as you used to be.

This have helped me alot when recording and i hope it can help you to.

It can be really frustrating in the beggining but eventually it will get easier

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:58 AM