Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Value Of Patience
Artemus
post May 6 2009, 01:47 PM
Post #1

Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!

Group: Members
Member No.: 6.743

Driving is a testing environment - take any virtuous saint and put them behind the wheel and I'm sure it won't be long before they start cursing so much they'd make a sailor blush. But there are some drivers that have no consideration at all and when I saw this, I applauded.
This is one awesome granny!

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post May 6 2009, 01:57 PM
Post #2

GMC:er

Member No.: 3.401

I've seen it before. It's funny but it's fake.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Artemus
post May 6 2009, 02:03 PM
Post #3

Yeah - I realise it's probably fake but it's still priceless

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
fkalich
post May 6 2009, 02:07 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1.189

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ May 6 2009, 07:57 AM) *
I've seen it before. It's funny but it's fake.

You have evidence of that? If not, I would not be sure. I can see that, elderly lady, maybe had some health issues, not feeling good, and she figures "screw you buddy, call the police, see who the judge gives a hard time to, you or the elderly lady". Yes, I could see me doing that if I was an elderly lady. Not an elderly man though, judge might not be as sympathetic, can't do the sweet old grandmother routine to His Honor.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post May 6 2009, 02:15 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (fkalich @ May 6 2009, 02:07 PM) *
You have evidence of that? If not, I would not be sure. I can see that, elderly lady, maybe had some health issues, not feeling good, and she figures "screw you buddy, call the police, see who the judge gives a hard time to, you or the elderly lady". Yes, I could see me doing that if I was an elderly lady. Not an elderly man though, judge might not be as sympathetic, can't do the sweet old grandmother routine to His Honor.

I'm an electronic engineer but I don't work on cars (I do know about them though). I can honestly say that a grandma hitting a car with a bag would not set the air bag off. If it did then the car manufacturers have got the tolerances all wrong.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Artemus
post May 6 2009, 02:26 PM
Post #6

I work in sensor design and engineering too. The lowest tolerance is something like hitting a brick wall at 15mph, which is actually a lot of force - more than super gran. Also I think modern cars take into account alot more data in terms of deceleration from the ABS. It's unlikely that the sudden impact of a granny's handbag will set off the device but since the sensor is electrical it's not impossible to make short - but that's highly improbably.
It's still a funny video no matter. I just like to think that this could happen smile.gif

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post May 6 2009, 02:30 PM
Post #7

It would be good if it could happen. There are a lot of idiots on the roads. More power to the grans I say biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
fkalich
post May 6 2009, 02:31 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ May 6 2009, 08:15 AM) *
I'm an electronic engineer but I don't work on cars (I do know about them though). I can honestly say that a grandma hitting a car with a bag would not set the air bag off. If it did then the car manufacturers have got the tolerances all wrong.

I was wondering what the white thing was, little dirty screen on lap top. I thought maybe it was a bag he was going to stuff grandma in after he waxed her with the .357 Magnum in his glove box.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post May 6 2009, 02:34 PM
Post #9

I thought it was his pillow and he slept whilst driving around tongue.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
fkalich
post May 6 2009, 02:35 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Artemus @ May 6 2009, 08:26 AM) *
I work in sensor design and engineering too. The lowest tolerance is something like hitting a brick wall at 15mph, which is actually a lot of force - more than super gran. Also I think modern cars take into account alot more data in terms of deceleration from the ABS. It's unlikely that the sudden impact of a granny's handbag will set off the device but since the sensor is electrical it's not impossible to make short - but that's highly improbably.
It's still a funny video no matter. I just like to think that this could happen smile.gif

You two being engineers, you are aware that in accordance with quantum physics there was a small possibility that grandma and that guy might have morphed into a Sperm Whale and a Potted Petunia, as in "Hitchhikers Guide To the Galaxy". Not a big chance of it, but it could have happened. That being the case, the bag setting off the sensor is much less far fetched that a Sperm Whale on the Street and Potted Petunia driving the car.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post May 6 2009, 02:39 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (fkalich @ May 6 2009, 02:35 PM) *
You two being engineers, you are aware that in accordance with quantum physics there was a small possibility that grandma and that guy might have morphed into a Sperm Whale and a Potted Petunia, as in "Hitchhikers Guide To the Galaxy". Not a big chance of it, but it could have happened. That being the case, the bag setting off the sensor is much less far fetched that a Sperm Whale on the Street and Potted Petunia driving the car.

Whilst it's possible that transmogrification into an animal is possible it isn't part of our risk management procedures. We just pray scientists don't discover any of these fringe sciences biggrin.gif

I might watch Law and Order if this story was the plot however smile.gif

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: May 6 2009, 02:39 PM

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
fkalich
post May 6 2009, 02:47 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ May 6 2009, 08:39 AM) *
Whilst it's possible that transmogrification into an animal is possible it isn't part of our risk management procedures. We just pray scientists don't discover any of these fringe sciences biggrin.gif

I might watch Law and Order if this story was the plot however smile.gif

Well it sounds silly, but it actually is possible. The probability curves for all atomic particles extend to infinite distance, though the chances get pretty slim after a short distance. Something like this will only occur in a uncountable zillions of quadrillions of whatever comes after that of time spans of a Universe. But infinity is infinity, and sooner or later, it will happen. I know it sounds silly, but it really will eventually happen. Infinity is infinity.

Here is the scene from the movie. I like the BBC serial better I think though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsK6aRuSBIc

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post May 6 2009, 02:53 PM
Post #13

Cool I'll check out the video. My favourite Quantum Physics Theories are on Quantum Supposition. I believe it is based on the fact that if you have an event and you have 1 successful path to that event occuring then it is much more likely to happen than if you have 10 ways that that event can occur say. And the same with an atom hitting a board in a certain place each time under the same conditions. Eventually even without changing the angle or anything eventually the atom will hit a different part of the board.

Quantum Physics in my opinion and theories on Cryogenics, Transmogrification, Dark Matter etc. are the most fascinating concepts in the world. But I'm a a scientist so I would say that. People of more religious backgrounds of course won't agree and they see it as the devils work kind of thing. But each to their own I guess. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
fkalich
post May 6 2009, 03:18 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ May 6 2009, 08:53 AM) *
Cool I'll check out the video. My favourite Quantum Physics Theories are on Quantum Supposition. I believe it is based on the fact that if you have an event and you have 1 successful path to that event occuring then it is much more likely to happen than if you have 10 ways that that event can occur say. And the same with an atom hitting a board in a certain place each time under the same conditions. Eventually even without changing the angle or anything eventually the atom will hit a different part of the board.

Quantum Physics in my opinion and theories on Cryogenics, Transmogrification, Dark Matter etc. are the most fascinating concepts in the world. But I'm a a scientist so I would say that. People of more religious backgrounds of course won't agree and they see it as the devils work kind of thing. But each to their own I guess. smile.gif

I don't think everybody is ready to find out that all the perceptions they had all their lives have been proven to be illusionary, that nothing is what is seems, and existence is in reality, by all the laws of physics, more strange than anything they imagined in their wildest dreams. I never found Quantum mechanics so strange, it seems perfectly natural to me. I think Relativity is just as weird, I mean the fact that the past and future exist just as we do, and there is nothing special about the time/space that really distinguishes it from past and future times, it is just a matter of low entropy from the creation of the universe creating the illusion that the time we are in has something special about it that distinguishes it from other times.

I still think anyone can keep their religious convictions and know all this though. But they would have to make some serious adjustments. Clearly Einstein believed in God.

I also think that young musicians might find that reading this kind of thing will make them more creative. I think it does, reading good literature, learning. I think it will come out in your artistry. Just makes sense to me.

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
post May 6 2009, 03:22 PM
Post #15

Instructor

Member No.: 1.439

Priceless!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Artemus
post May 6 2009, 03:37 PM
Post #16

I'm liking where this thread is going smile.gif
I studied quantum mechanics and non-linear dynamics at uni for a while, but that was some years ago. The concepts are certainly (or not as the case may be) very abstract and can be difficult to grasp intuitively since the behaviour is so contrary to the macroscopic world we see and deal with, but the beauty of the theories are amazing. The minds of Bohr, Heisenberg, Schrodinger, Einstein and the like were truly astounding.
All that we see or seem, Is but a dream within a dream..

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post May 6 2009, 03:43 PM
Post #17

fkalich , can you recommend any books on fringe sciences. Especially Dark Matter and Transmogrification but preferably a big book on different theories. Like the theory of Quarantine to do with Quantum Supposition. I need to do more research on the area. This has strayed a bit from the original video lol biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post May 6 2009, 06:43 PM
Post #18

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.341

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ May 6 2009, 04:43 PM) *
fkalich , can you recommend any books on fringe sciences. Especially Dark Matter and Transmogrification but preferably a big book on different theories. Like the theory of Quarantine to do with Quantum Supposition. I need to do more research on the area. This has strayed a bit from the original video lol biggrin.gif

No kidding! laugh.gif

Nice discussion tho smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
post May 16 2009, 02:51 PM
Post #19

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 7.072

Hilarious video ! I came across it on YouTube some time ago. Anybody who doesn't want to crap their pants in sheer laughter, do NOT search "Fail" on www.youtube.com ! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post May 18 2009, 07:01 PM
Post #20

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.410

ahhahaha I love that video , but its a fake right ?? smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2017 - 01:56 AM