Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Parker Tremlo Vs Floyd Rose Tremlo
Jollygreengiant1
post May 10 2009, 08:11 PM
Post #1

Learning Tone Seeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 6.753

I was looking at parker flys today and wondered if you can pull up/push down the tremlo bar as far as a floyd rose?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kjutte
post May 11 2009, 01:45 AM
Post #2

GMC:er

Group: Passive
Member No.: 2.337

QUOTE (Jollygreengiant1 @ May 10 2009, 09:11 PM) *
I was looking at parker flys today and wondered if you can pull up/push down the tremlo bar as far as a floyd rose?

The pull and push varies on action aswell.

Also, I am sorry, but who cares? I have never ever needed to max the push nor pull on my floyd. smile.gif

This post has been edited by kjutte: May 11 2009, 01:46 AM

+Quote Post
fkalich
post May 11 2009, 02:05 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1.189

QUOTE (Jollygreengiant1 @ May 10 2009, 02:11 PM) *

I have a Parker, but have never had a floyd rose. I like the Parker though. It is well balanced for one thing, like my Les Pauls, so comfortable sitting down. It stays in tune real well. You know Kris and David play them. Also this teacher who has not been around awhile did. And I think one other, I forget who.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...tapping-lesson/

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
post May 11 2009, 02:18 AM
Post #4

Learning Tone Master
Group Icon

Group: MVC
Member No.: 2.164

Better as OrganizedConfusion, he is in love with his parker...

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
lcsdds
post May 11 2009, 02:21 AM
Post #5

Learning Tone Seeker

Member No.: 5.825

If you plan on utilizing the maximum pull frequently then I would plan on having a lot of extra strings handy... tongue.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
post May 11 2009, 02:48 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 6.124

like Lcs said,

if you are going to be abusing the trem a lot, and i mean abusing, as in dive bomb dragon force style of abusing, then you want a floyd..

either way,

vintage trems play and stay intune very well, in some cases, i prefer the stiffness of vintage style trems, but thats just me. if you want to make it locking, you can always add a "top lok" to the headstock and make it a locking trem. but all vintage trems need is a decent nut, a good set up, and tlc, and you shall keep in tune for a long time

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
post May 11 2009, 04:43 AM
Post #7

Instructor

Member No.: 1.439

My Parker Fly Deluxe can go very low and very high and keep in tune...

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post May 11 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 3.401

It's a strange questions as they are used for different things. The Parker Fly can be made to pull up and push back but it isn't designed like the Floyd Rose. The Floyd Rose is completely floating trem whereas the Parker trem isn't. I must admit like kjutte the Parker offers enough for diving the trem and making screams lol for me but if you want to do really crazy stuff like the end of Cemetery Gates say by Pantera then maybe the Parker isn't the guitar for you but the Parker also can simulate an acoustic which is very cool.

So it's down to you but the Parker system is very different to a Floyd Rose. I love my two Parker guitars and I love my Caparison (which has a Floyd Rose). I never feel that the Parker trem system is useless for what I need it for.

So the simple answer is No you can't as much as a Floyd Rose but you can dive a hell of a lot and it is probably adequate for 95% of songs that do have whammy dives.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: May 11 2009, 01:37 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Shifted-Paradigm
post Jun 4 2009, 05:09 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 5.599

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ May 11 2009, 07:36 AM) *
It's a strange questions as they are used for different things. The Parker Fly can be made to pull up and push back but it isn't designed like the Floyd Rose. The Floyd Rose is completely floating trem whereas the Parker trem isn't. I must admit like kjutte the Parker offers enough for diving the trem and making screams lol for me but if you want to do really crazy stuff like the end of Cemetery Gates say by Pantera then maybe the Parker isn't the guitar for you but the Parker also can simulate an acoustic which is very cool.

So it's down to you but the Parker system is very different to a Floyd Rose. I love my two Parker guitars and I love my Caparison (which has a Floyd Rose). I never feel that the Parker trem system is useless for what I need it for.

So the simple answer is No you can't as much as a Floyd Rose but you can dive a hell of a lot and it is probably adequate for 95% of songs that do have whammy dives.

Actually, most Parker guitars can be set to full floating by adjustment of the screw stop.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th September 2017 - 11:57 AM