BM
post Feb 10 2007, 03:21 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 871

Hey Kris!
I need your help!

1-I watched a Slash video of him playing Slither, that solo is awesome! I need to know some tricks to play solos like that! I love that styke of play!

2-The Sweet Child O'mine Solo, I am playing the beginning alright, but when he gets to the big solo I can't do it! To many pull-off and hammer-on techniques mixed with bends! What should I do to be able to play that solo?

3-Whenever I play Sweet Child O'Mine, the notes are way off but my guitar is tuned! I don't know, does he do something for his notes?

thanks

--------------------
"Baptized in a firefight. Hot blood running cold as ice. 44 minutes of target practice. All hell's breaking loose.
Outgunned. Watching the force come to a firefight with a pocket knife.
Getting schooled until they shot Achilles' heel and brought down the beast."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Liam
post Feb 10 2007, 10:19 AM
Post #2

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 747

QUOTE (BM @ Feb 10 2007, 03:21 AM) *
Hey Kris!
I need your help!

1-I watched a Slash video of him playing Slither, that solo is awesome! I need to know some tricks to play solos like that! I love that styke of play!

2-The Sweet Child O'mine Solo, I am playing the beginning alright, but when he gets to the big solo I can't do it! To many pull-off and hammer-on techniques mixed with bends! What should I do to be able to play that solo?

3-Whenever I play Sweet Child O'Mine, the notes are way off but my guitar is tuned! I don't know, does he do something for his notes?

thanks

im not kris but whatever.
There is a lesson of the sweet child solo in the freelicks solo section. pretty good . but not complete yes.

what should you do to be able to play it ? wel practice it . it can takes weeks before you get a hang of it.

and your guitar has standard tuning i guess?Slash mostly uses standard tuning half step down .

when you play sweet child intro move al your fingers one fret down . example: 12 is 11 en 14 is 13 . GOT THAT? then it should sound right laugh.gif
or to do it right tune your guitar half step down biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Feb 10 2007, 11:01 AM
Post #3

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2

^ What he said! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th January 2017 - 07:06 AM