5,1 System Vs Monitor Speakers
besip
Jun 14 2009, 07:24 PM
GMC:er
Litle question here

i have 5,1 Logitech speaker system and i playning to buy podX3
I know for begining i be ok to use the speaker system but for future i will be wana byt Monitor speakers
actualy i was have talk with 1 guy and he tell me there is no reason to buy monitor speakers becouse the quality of the sound from my guitar will be same on 5,1 system compare to Monitor speakers

it's true?????? i not belive that biggrin.gif for sure my self teling me there is 1 thing the Monitor speakers will be build in better quality so minimum i be can turn the volume up and don't be scare to damage the Monitors

but what's abouth the Quality of the sound

lets compare 75$ 5,1 speaker system http://www.buy.com/prod/logitech-x-540-spe.../202985108.html

and Monitors speakers http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/produ...tors?sku=600739

for example

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Skalde
Jun 14 2009, 07:30 PM
Learning Roadie
Just for playing guitar the 5.1 system should work fine, but when it comes to recording/mixing I would always prefer good monitor boxes

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
besip
Jun 14 2009, 07:42 PM
QUOTE (Skalde @ Jun 14 2009, 02:30 PM) *
Just for playing guitar the 5.1 system should work fine, but when it comes to recording/mixing I would always prefer good monitor boxes

why for recording those Monitors are better??? so and main question whats abouth the quality of the sound betwen those 2 equipment???

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jun 14 2009, 07:44 PM
Instructor
I agree with Skalde..
The sound from your guitar will probably be just as good on the 5,1 as on the monitors.
Personally i have no need for a 5.1 system. I find it so much easier to record and mix with 2 good monitors.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
besip
Jun 14 2009, 07:48 PM
so if i got u the quality sound will be same if i got u guys if i compare 75$ 5,1 system
and 300$ Monitors

actualy i'm new on that so i don't get it why the recording over monitors is more easy laugh.gif

i'm also asking becouse i allready have 5,1 system and i don;t wana spend money in future if i be don't need to do that smile.gif

This post has been edited by besip: Jun 14 2009, 08:13 PM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 14 2009, 10:04 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I'm sure guitar will sound great on the 5.1 system. Mine does on a 2.1 so it can only get better on 5.1

But if you wanted to mix monitors would be better, because they don't color the sound, each instrument sounds much more clear and natural on monitors, thus making recording & mixing sepparate tracks much easier. Plus you get a final mix that will sound good anyweher you play it, as opposed to a mix done using a subwoofer, that might sound awesome in your speakers but not so good in another guys equipment.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 14 2009, 10:10 PM
Instructor
You can use your system for guitar playing and it will sound good. These monitors main purpose is to give you a flat response which is great for mixing and producing audio. The sound on them will be flat and precise, but not very "exciting". I believe that these monitors are way better than the Logitech system, so it is up to you in the end man. You can try using your system and if you are not satisfied just buy M-Audio ones.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:08 AM