Backing Tracks For Famous Song Lessons, Instructors can not give you mp3s for famous song lessons
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 5 2009, 12:02 PM
GMC Founder
You have probably noticed we are starting to see more famous song lessons at GMC - this is something we are very proud to be able to offer you!

What enables us to offer these lessons is two licenses we are paying ("video-" and "audio streaming") .

However these licenses do not cover downloads (only streaming). If we were to offer you downloads we would have to charge for each GMC lesson separately to cover for the increased license costs.

To make a long story short: Instructors can unfortunately not give you mp3s of famous song backings.

Perhaps we can use this thread to come up with some creative ways of getting good recording results without using an mp3/download of the backings. Do we have any suggestions on how to achieve this?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wrk
Jul 5 2009, 12:25 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
How is the law when someone record the audio stream?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 5 2009, 12:36 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (wrk @ Jul 5 2009, 01:25 PM) *
How is the law when someone record the audio stream?

That depends on what you do with the stream - if you use it for REC you will upload it to youtube. Presumably youtube has a whole bunch of more licenses than GMC - that is however not something we have the possibility of investigating...

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Jul 5 2009, 01:09 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
.. or what about a GMC online DAW, very simplified of course. A flash tool to synchronize a backing track with uploaded audio or video files. A bit like youtube's annotation tool but for files. Could be fun for collabs as well, instructors don't need to do a final mix anymore ..

I know ... again a dream idea, but you asked for suggestions laugh.giflaugh.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jul 5 2009, 01:44 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
www.guitarbt.com ?

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 5 2009, 01:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (wrk @ Jul 5 2009, 02:09 PM) *
.. or what about a GMC online DAW, very simplified of course. A flash tool to synchronize a backing track with uploaded audio or video files. A bit like youtube's annotation tool but for files. Could be fun for collabs as well, instructors don't need to do a final mix anymore ..

indabamusic.com has just such a tool for collaborations/sessions. A browser-based mixing table with quite some posibillities. I bet it's not as good as Cubase/Reaper/Sonar etc, but it's definetly useable.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 5 2009, 02:31 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (wrk @ Jul 5 2009, 02:09 PM) *

Believe it or not but I actually have full blown specification of a GMC online multitrack recorder ready since two years ago... Unfortunately that is still a little above our budget.

However - just a single recording button in the video player shouldn't be impossible. And that would be pretty cool as well!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 6 2009, 03:17 PM
Instructor
I like Andy's idea a lot ! Hope we can manage to have something like that in future. I would imagine it would require a lot of server space and bandwith to run something like that smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 6 2009, 03:20 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 5 2009, 03:31 PM) *
Believe it or not but I actually have full blown specification of a GMC online multitrack recorder ready since two years ago... Unfortunately that is still a little above our budget.

However - just a single recording button in the video player shouldn't be impossible. And that would be pretty cool as well!

wow this kind of online DAW would be amazing actually! smile.gif I can only imagine its use for REC, Collaborations etc...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 6 2009, 03:57 PM
Instructor
Online DAW, coupled with video chats would be a major breakthrough not only for GMC but for a whole music community on the web. This is definitely something worth investigating for the future.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jul 6 2009, 03:57 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
wrk
Jul 6 2009, 11:50 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Canis @ Jul 5 2009, 02:46 PM) *
indabamusic.com has just such a tool for collaborations/sessions. A browser-based mixing table with quite some posibillities. I bet it's not as good as Cubase/Reaper/Sonar etc, but it's definetly useable.

Thanks Canis, ... just had the chance to check this site out. It works pretty well to synchronize audio files. This tool is great to exchange ideas with others online. It does pretty much what i have had in mind and something similar would work with video files as well i guess.

To have something like this at GMC for collabs, REC and even virtual bands would be awesome. The flash front-end is not the biggest problem here, but to connect user accounts and stuff like this can be quite complex.

+Quote Post
Moonchild
Jul 7 2009, 12:20 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 6 2009, 04:57 PM) *
Online DAW, coupled with video chats would be a major breakthrough not only for GMC but for a whole music community on the web. This is definitely something worth investigating for the future.

wow this sounds really cool. Never had this idea but I really hope it will be possible in the future!!

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
Jul 7 2009, 06:33 AM
Instructor
Because we cannot give the mp3 backings for now perhaps it would be good to give more of a breakdown of the songs so the student could actually make their own backing track for their own use.

So far it has been like

Rhythm of song X

or Solo section of song X

etc.

What if we broke it down even further using the current instructors for collaboration. For example, someone puts up a tune, its Rhythm parts of that song, ....Bogdan could do a Bass lesson for that song, someone could do a drum lesson for that song etc.

This way it encourages the students to make their own backings and they get a feel for the mechanics of song construction in the process

Daniel

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Sergio Dorado
Jul 7 2009, 09:25 AM
Flamenco Instructor
QUOTE (Daniel Robinson @ Jul 7 2009, 07:33 AM) *
Because we cannot give the mp3 backings for now perhaps it would be good to give more of a breakdown of the songs so the student could actually make their own backing track for their own use.

So far it has been like

Rhythm of song X

or Solo section of song X

etc.

What if we broke it down even further using the current instructors for collaboration. For example, someone puts up a tune, its Rhythm parts of that song, ....Bogdan could do a Bass lesson for that song, someone could do a drum lesson for that song etc.

This way it encourages the students to make their own backings and they get a feel for the mechanics of song construction in the process

Daniel

I think this is a great idea

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jul 9 2009, 12:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey there,
I´ve got a question. If I do a backing of a famous song, can I share it?

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jul 12 2009, 04:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
No answer yet?

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 12 2009, 11:28 PM
Instructor
Kris? smile.gif

P.S. you must have been running around Lea all day long. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 17 2009, 04:39 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Tolek @ Jul 9 2009, 01:56 PM) *
Hey there,
I´ve got a question. If I do a backing of a famous song, can I share it?

Yes you can but the same applies here, you may not store it on GMC server. So the rule is to upload it somewhere else where it is allowed - and link to it from GMC!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jul 17 2009, 04:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 17 2009, 05:39 PM) *
Yes you can but the same applies here, you may not store it on GMC server. So the rule is to upload it somewhere else where it is allowed - and link to it from GMC!

Ok, thank you. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:45 AM