> Intervals
AdamB
post Jul 5 2009, 04:21 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.224

Yo,

Does anyone know where I can find recordings of intervals? I'm trying to memorize each one by listening to them on loop at work. I couldn't find any so I made some for minor 3rd myself to listen to, where it just is me saying 'minor 3rd' followed by a minor 3rd interval. It just repeats this with different minor 3rd intervals with me saying minor 3rd infront so I link up the interval sounds to their names.

But, it took ages to edit it together and there's loads of other intervals to be learned, so if anyone knows where a source of this sort of thing that I can just loop is let me know!

-Adam
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
post Jul 5 2009, 04:40 PM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.558

Look for ear training freeware. I find it usefull to memorize intervals using songs. For example perfect 5th Superman, minro 2nd Sharks!! theme, minor third Hey Jude, etc

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Canis
post Jul 5 2009, 04:45 PM
Post #3

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

Group: GMC Wiki:er
Member No.: 3.108

There's a site called http://www.musiclearningtools.net/ that someone here at GMC has made, that has all of those =)

But if you're looking for a audio file, I have a file on my PC I got through iTunes Podcast that goes through intervals with examples just like Gerardo says... I have no idea how to link Podcasts via iTunes though, so I have to research a little tongue.gif

Edit: Found the same file on the webz on a RSS feed: here. The one I was talking about is number 8, but there's a lot of other interesting stuff there as well wink.gif

This post has been edited by Canis: Jul 5 2009, 04:48 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
AdamB
post Jul 6 2009, 05:18 PM
Post #4

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.224

OK cool, thanks guys.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2017 - 07:48 PM