Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kris`s Speed Picking Lesson
Braer
post Jul 13 2009, 08:40 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.697

Hey, i have been practicing 3 licks from kris`s speed picking lesson:(https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/kris-ug-lessons/)

------
------
------
---5-7
5-7---
------

---------
---------
---------
------5-7
---5-7---
5-8------

----------------
----------------
----------------
------5-7----5-7
---5-7----5-7---
5-8-------------

but how do i improvise with these licks?

could you post tab how i extend this lick so i get some ideas?
----------------
----------------
----------------
------5-7----5-7
---5-7----5-7---
5-8-------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
post Jul 13 2009, 09:21 PM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 5.593

This is a tough question, improvising is doing stuff that comes right out without too much thinking really, or maybe it is like someone said, you have a bag of licks and you piece them together.

But I guess I could tell you that you could play this stuff over an A minor progression, and play 16th notes, you could do al sort of combinations here, something like

----------------------------------------------5-8-10-8-------8-5--------------------------
-----------------------------------------5-8------------10-8------8-5----------------8b-----
--------------------------5-7------5-7---------------------------------7-5-----------------
---------------------5-7------5-7-------------------------------------------7-5------------
------5-7------5-7---------------------------------------------------------------7-5-------
-5-8------5-8-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Played fast it could sound like a cool Eric Johnson type pentatonic run, played slow maybe it isn't very interesting as it is all 16th notes without much phrasing involved.

This is 2 bars worth of notes, the last note is simply a bend on what would be the beginning of the third bar.

I hope this helps, or at least gives you more questions so that we can help you more

cheers

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Braer
post Jul 14 2009, 12:18 AM
Post #3

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.697

Thanks jose! helped alooot!

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 03:23 AM