Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which Computer?
post Jul 18 2009, 12:14 AM
Post #21

Learning Tone Seeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.915

QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jul 16 2009, 11:50 PM) *
Thanks man! Yeah I just got done chatting with my mother on facebook and she was actually on my uncles new macbook pro. and she said she has basically decided for me that thats the computer im getting haha.

That's good to hear! Congrates on your soon to be MAC. I think you will be very pleased with it. smile.gif

"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Jul 18 2009, 10:48 AM
Post #22

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 4.882

Great thread guys. I learned a LOT from these discussions, and now we know that skillet is an IT man im sure he will get bombed with computer questions laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
post Jul 18 2009, 11:29 AM
Post #23

Moderator - low level high stakes
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 2.194

The Mac is a good choice Trey - congrats.

One thing to check on it though for recording are the USB and Firewire connections. I think the latest macbooks have fewer USB connectors - on some it's down to 1 - and there have been many forum posts elsewhere concerning the chip Apple (and a lot of other laptop manufacturers) now use for their firewire interface.

On the subject of Sony Vaios...

My wife and I have three Vaio laptops that we use for work. Out work includes professional proofreading of academic texts, research and publishing. The Vaio is fine for all of these purposes and so should be more than ok for school work. We also use our Vaios professionally for music and media production/broadcast and training. Again we have had no real issues despite us putting some heavy demands on them. WRT production and training - students often bring their laptops with them. Of those, imhe, the ones that have given me fewer issues to deal with in order to get up and running for audio work have been Apple, Sony, Toshiba and IBM Lenovo.

Build quality - for a laptop - is good as are the aesthetics and the screen on some. They are not cheap though (we get ours at a discount as we 'know' Sony Europe well) but you pretty much get what you pay for.

With any laptop though I would suggest that you use an external audio card and also consider an external harddrive to stream audio i/o.

Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.
+Quote Post
post Jul 18 2009, 12:36 PM
Post #24

Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 4.276

Buy the MAC, you'll not regret it smile.gif
I've ordered a Macbook Pro 15" as well, from work..
They look cooler, have less virus, the performance is usually better and takes better advantage of the memory.

I'm an IT guy as well, been working for a while with Dell, HP and other computers..
But I'm also an educated Graphic Designer, and have always loved working on Mac's smile.gif

It's still a matter of taste though, as some people like regular computers better and some like Mac better..

Congratulations on whatever you choose mate smile.gif

edit: Oh, I didn't see you're already getting the macbook biggrin.gif
Congrats again biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Jul 18 2009, 12:37 PM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th October 2016 - 08:09 PM