New Guitar Acoustic Or Electric
TreyDeschamp
Jul 20 2009, 04:30 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
My friend got this beautiful ovation celebrity series guitar yesterday and I played around with it and it sounds great! So I thought why get a new ipod when I already have one and just get a new guitar, so I have been looking and found this

Ovation Acoustic
http://ovationguitars.com/?fa=detail&mid=2381

But hears where problems come, for an electric guitar my jackson has been ruled out of the question, so I saw this Ibanez RG370DX and I fell in love with just its look and it all, I have played on and liked it before but anywho, I was wondering about the RG's, if they are good etc.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG370DX...368-i1435871.gc

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Jul 20 2009, 06:04 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I have an Ovation, but not the Celebrity series. The guitars are very bright and versatile players. They aren't for everyone, mind you, as the bowl back can be annoying at times. As far as that Ibanez, I don't know. Typically, if I'm contemplating between two guitars, I buy both. It's a sickness.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 20 2009, 06:12 PM
GMC:er
I had one of those Ovations for years! Great guitar for Recording with and not bad as a live instrument either. They're awkward to play when sitting down and are a bit 'Tinny' when played unplugged, but all in all not a bad choice!!!!

As for the Ibanez, I've just bought an RG 350 DX which is the same as that one but mine has a scratchplate to carry the Pickups whereas the 370 has them mounted to the Body in Ring mounts! I have to admit that I'm starting to really like it! I'm so used to playing Strats and Teles that it took a little while to get used to the flat neck profile and a Floyd, but I'm slowly getting used to it!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Laszlo Boross
Jul 20 2009, 08:00 PM
Instructor
I used RG series Ibanez guitars for years and I didn't have any problem with it. Maybe the Floyd is not so perfect on it but this is not a worry.

This post has been edited by Laszlo Boross: Jul 20 2009, 08:00 PM

--------------------
Check out my lessons

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:04 AM