Piano/keyboard Lessons!
SonofDestiny
Jul 25 2009, 09:11 AM
GMC:er
Hey!

How about adding piano and keyboard lessons to the curriculum of this site? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Skalde
Jul 25 2009, 10:17 AM
Learning Roadie
#+1
A beginner series about piano would be great

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jul 25 2009, 10:23 AM
Well, maybe in the context of the bandclass. I am still waiting for - how to make a backing track lesson. Maybe some midi-piano parts could part of it as well

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jul 25 2009, 07:53 PM
Jazz Instructor
yeah, I was thinking to ask my friend to do it, if Kris would agree! I mean, it would be best to have guy who is like...into all styles, jazz, blues, rock...classical

+Quote Post
Ctodd
Jul 25 2009, 10:36 PM
I just bought my first keyboard, and some beginner lessons would be helpful, like how to practice etc.

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Jul 25 2009, 11:21 PM
Instructor
I could make some keyboard lessons but is difficult to find the format...although if there are many interested students I could talk with Kris about that smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jul 25 2009, 11:40 PM
Instructor
that would be a nice feature for GMC but remember this site is called GUITARmasterclass. For piano lessons we need notes for sure. No tabs or charts smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 26 2009, 12:34 AM
Instructor
Yes Emir is right, with piano there are scores. I think some piano lessons on some interesting patterns would be great. Like piano lessons focused on guitar players that want to learn some piano to create arrangements.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Jul 26 2009, 12:45 AM
Perhaps chord building applied to piano as direct examples. The notes are the same but the guitarist that has lived only with the neck of a stringed instrument may not realize the direct equality of intervals being the same on both instruments.

That might also reinforce a pretty valuable lesson for any instrument wink.gif

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 26 2009, 05:04 AM
Learning Rock Star
I'm all for some piano lessons!

The first one could be something as easy as recognizing notes from a sheet on the piano, and some chords.. For example root + four keys up + three keys up is a Major chord... Amirite? biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Canis: Jul 26 2009, 05:04 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 26 2009, 09:14 AM
Instructor
I agree with Emir, this is Guitarmasterclass and site should be mainly guitar oriented. If you guys really want piano lessons, check out Youtube and just type beginner piano lessons. I am sure you will find a lot of channels and play lists with useful material wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 27 2009, 06:16 PM
Instructor
Well I don't see why we shouldn't have few
if members are asking for them.
It's few vs. thousands of guitar lessons,
guess who is the winner. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Jul 27 2009, 06:35 PM
Learning Tone Guru
We have bass, singing and even drum lessons. So I don't see why keyboard would be less suited than any of the others, especially drums. Drum lessons kind of had the purpose to help us when we created our own drum tracks for backings and arrangements, if I'm not mistaken. And keyboard would serve the same thing, right? It just makes the site even better, and it would only be a good thing IMO. I agree with Muris smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jul 27 2009, 06:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jul 27 2009, 06:16 PM) *

I didn't say we shouldn't have but having them on a regular basis wouldn't match this website concept. A few good ones are welcome of course smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 27 2009, 10:46 PM
Instructor
We will see if anyone has the abilities to do such lessons. I would definitely try to see some piano lessons on chords, and simple but effective fill licks for backings.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Artemus
Jul 27 2009, 11:40 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 27 2009, 10:46 PM) *
We will see if anyone has the abilities to do such lessons. I would definitely try to see some piano lessons on chords, and simple but effective fill licks for backings.

I've been teaching piano for nearly 15 years, so if the need arises let me know.

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
Skalde
Aug 9 2009, 05:26 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jul 27 2009, 07:16 PM) *

If you make a piano lesson you are the winner smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pizzoaro
Aug 10 2009, 05:47 AM
Yeah, a few BASIC piano lessons would be cool. So we can learn to be real studioguys tongue.gif Musicians, play a little of every instrument. In my school we learn 1 main instrument (Guitar) and 2 BI instruments (usually Singing and Piano) and it really helps to like see the music in different instruments smile.gif
SO i think its a great idea smile.gif

--------------------
"Never give up!"

My Youtube

Check out pictures of my band here ---> Bandpictures! Remember to leave a comment!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 10 2009, 04:17 PM
Instructor
I might have a great surprise for piano lesson fans. Give me a couple of days and things might really work.

btw it's not me smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:08 PM