Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bookmarks Problems, deleting & editing folder names
Keilnoth
post Aug 1 2009, 07:52 PM
Post #1

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 7.035

I am not able to delete or edit bookmarks and folders name anymore. Some javascript errors appear on Firefox 3.5 and IE8. sad.gif

By the way, I am unable to move folders as well. But I had that problem since my first day here.

Am I the only one with those problems ?

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Aug 1 2009, 10:45 PM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.341

Hmm, I never had similar issues man, perhaps reinstalling Firefox could be the answer. I know sometimes bookmark links didn't work after some changes, but doesn't have to be the case here..

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Aug 2 2009, 11:38 AM
Post #3

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

This sounds bad! It would be very helpful if you could let us know what the javascript error message says + any other info which might help us recreate this problem ( I tested in ie8 and it worked for me, I could not recreate the problem)

--------------------

+Quote Post
kiendop
post Aug 2 2009, 07:15 PM
Post #4

GMC:er

Member No.: 6.148

QUOTE (Keilnoth @ Aug 1 2009, 08:52 PM) *
I am not able to delete or edit bookmarks and folders name anymore. Some javascript errors appear on Firefox 3.5 and IE8. sad.gif

By the way, I am unable to move folders as well. But I had that problem since my first day here.

Am I the only one with those problems ?

No, same problems here sad.gif

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
post Aug 3 2009, 12:21 AM
Post #5

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 7.035

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 2 2009, 12:38 PM) *
This sounds bad! It would be very helpful if you could let us know what the javascript error message says + any other info which might help us recreate this problem ( I tested in ie8 and it worked for me, I could not recreate the problem)

So, I tested a bit more and the problem is coming from the page which displays the videos. If I load the homepage for example, everything is fine. I can delete my bookmarks. I am still unable to move folders, but I don't care. But on a video page, I cannot delete bookmarks at all.

With Firefox, there is no error message, no message, nothing happens when I click the red button. It seems like no function were affected to the button.

With IE8, on the video page, when I click on the delete button, I got the confirm message : "Do you really want to remove ""?". The string containing the video name is empty. Then I click OK and I got an error. The error is absolutely useless, it asks me to contact [email protected] tongue.gif

Hope you'll be able to recreate the problem. Otherwise, ask me to do some debug. I will gladly help.

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
fkalich
post Aug 3 2009, 12:38 AM
Post #6

GMC:er

Member No.: 1.189

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 2 2009, 05:38 AM) *

I also have the problem. I am not able to delete them if they are in the root. I have been able to put them into a new folder, and then delete that folder to get rid of them.

I have always had problems with things not staying put, just bad behavior in trying to put things in an order. I would sort things in alphabetical order, and then later some things would be out of order. This happened about 100 times. I have had very long list of lessons, maybe that made it worse.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Aug 10 2009, 11:07 AM
Post #7

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Thanks a lot for the detailed reports - they have been very helpful!

This should now be solved - if not, please let us know!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2017 - 04:23 AM