12 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Collaboration - Slow Neoclassical Solo (discussion And Upload), Harmonic/Natural Minor and Phrygian Dominant lovers come and join
superize
post Aug 22 2009, 04:38 PM
Post #121

Ultimate Tone Guru
Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 2.410

Ok here is the updated version

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Neoclassical_WBT.mp3 ( 1.1MB ) Number of downloads: 100
Attached File  Neoclassical_WOBT.mp3 ( 1.09MB ) Number of downloads: 64

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
post Aug 22 2009, 05:29 PM
Post #122

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 5.490

QUOTE (superize @ Aug 22 2009, 04:38 PM) *
Ok here is the updated version

Thank you. This is now ok smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
JamesT
post Aug 22 2009, 07:25 PM
Post #123

Accomplished Tone Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 4.872

Hi Emir,
Work on this collab is going well. I'm really getting into finding the notes that fit the chord progression instead of just ripping some notes over the top. It's a way different approach than what I usually do. biggrin.gif

I was listening to your take of the lesson over this backing track. Your tone seems to cut very well through the mix while still not sounding too loud. I mean, the lead guitar sounds loud as it should while not overwhelming the rhythm section. For this collab, I'd like to try to emulate that and wonder what I could do differently to approximate this tone a little better. It would be cool to get an overview of how you get your tones for the GMC lessons and if that differs from what you do live. It's so much easier these days to just record with a modeling amp, I wonder if that's everyone uses these days in the stuido when recording for an album or something. Thoughts?

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
berko
post Aug 22 2009, 08:30 PM
Post #124

GMC:er

Member No.: 4.782

Sorry Emir but I'll have to back off from this one, my plans for the end of the summer have been messed up and I won't make it till tomorrow or even the next week.

Thanks again for the opportunity and I'm looking forward to the next one! smile.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
post Aug 22 2009, 10:39 PM
Post #125

Experienced Tone Seeker

Group: Passive
Member No.: 3.471

I'm not sure if I'll make august 25th! Pls don't wait for me! sorry man, thanks for the oppurtunity!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
twist
post Aug 23 2009, 01:03 AM
Post #126

Member No.: 7.487

Well, i tried for a few days now, but i am very unsure about the second part... Maybe someone can give me some advice?

Attached File  collab_twist.mp3 ( 1.65MB ) Number of downloads: 112

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
post Aug 23 2009, 01:22 AM
Post #127

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (JamesT @ Aug 22 2009, 07:25 PM) *
Hi Emir,
Work on this collab is going well. I'm really getting into finding the notes that fit the chord progression instead of just ripping some notes over the top. It's a way different approach than what I usually do. biggrin.gif

I was listening to your take of the lesson over this backing track. Your tone seems to cut very well through the mix while still not sounding too loud. I mean, the lead guitar sounds loud as it should while not overwhelming the rhythm section. For this collab, I'd like to try to emulate that and wonder what I could do differently to approximate this tone a little better. It would be cool to get an overview of how you get your tones for the GMC lessons and if that differs from what you do live. It's so much easier these days to just record with a modeling amp, I wonder if that's everyone uses these days in the stuido when recording for an album or something. Thoughts?

I will try to find some time and upload screenshots of the things I am using. My setup is very simple. Guitar, little tube preamp and Amplitube 2 plugin smile.gif

QUOTE (berko @ Aug 22 2009, 08:30 PM) *
Sorry Emir but I'll have to back off from this one, my plans for the end of the summer have been messed up and I won't make it till tomorrow or even the next week.

Thanks again for the opportunity and I'm looking forward to the next one! smile.gif

No problem. Thanks for trying.

QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Aug 22 2009, 10:39 PM) *
I'm not sure if I'll make august 25th! Pls don't wait for me! sorry man, thanks for the oppurtunity!

It's ok Kaznie. If I don't receive enough takes by the deadline I migh extend for 1 or 2 days. If you still can't make it don't worry, there will be next time. cheers smile.gif

QUOTE (twist @ Aug 23 2009, 01:03 AM) *
Well, i tried for a few days now, but i am very unsure about the second part... Maybe someone can give me some advice?

Attached File  collab_twist.mp3 ( 1.65MB ) Number of downloads: 112

The first thing you need to do is to make sure that your guitar is in tune smile.gif Then your sound is too agressive. Try to find some warmer distortion. This one is too buzzy. I am not sure what you're using for the guitar sound. You started good until half of the solo. After that you hardy played one right note. Check scales that I suggested and read in my previous posts when I gave scale tips to other guys.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
leedbreak
post Aug 23 2009, 04:19 AM
Post #128

Member No.: 1.215

sad.gif Live and learn

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Aug 24 2009, 03:53 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
post Aug 23 2009, 12:15 PM
Post #129

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (leedbreak @ Aug 23 2009, 04:19 AM) *
Thanks Emir for a very inspiring collab. I may try to post a better take by the dead line but just incase life is as busy as it has been, I am getting one up now. smile.gif

I have some popping that comes in at :43-:57, I need a new computer and I have this happen from time to time but it is getting worse. On long takes it always starts popping somewhere only while recording, so I have to just let it go, I hope this is ok.

This collab will go along way beyond the dead line for me. I intend to keep working on this till I have it really well for my own studies.

Again, thanks. wink.gif

[attachment=17315:neo_leed..._BTandFX.mp3]

[attachment=17316:neo_leed..._NBT_NFX.mp3]

Many wrong notes in this one. You can leave this take if you want but this can be done much better. I advise you to first compose one note per bar, but one correct note. Then add a second one somewhere when you think it sounds good. After that add the third and the fourth in some parts. That way you can't go wrong. You need to know which scale in which moment you should play. I explained that in my intro post and some other responses to other participants. Also you should be able to hear when some note just doesn't match the chord progression. If you can't then write down your scales and the chord progression and try to read from the paper. I should have done a video of me explaining scales but I think now it's too late as the deadline is close. Your sound has some chorus or flanger. That's not a bad thing but in this style of music I hardly remember that I heard something like that smile.gif If you have time try another take but if you can't I will comment on this one.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
twist
post Aug 23 2009, 12:42 PM
Post #130

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Aug 23 2009, 02:22 AM) *
The first thing you need to do is to make sure that your guitar is in tune smile.gif Then your sound is too agressive. Try to find some warmer distortion. This one is too buzzy. I am not sure what you're using for the guitar sound. You started good until half of the solo. After that you hardy played one right note. Check scales that I suggested and read in my previous posts when I gave scale tips to other guys.

Hm, ill check the tuning... And i will try to find a warmer sound.

The second part is totaly confusing me. You wrote a line of chords at the beginning of this thread and i tried to figure out how theyre played in the song. Its not just one beat for every chord, and i have a hard time to find out which chord is played where...

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
twist
post Aug 23 2009, 01:47 PM
Post #131

and i am back.... i checked the tuning, the guitar was in tune... Maybe something went wrong with the recording. I tried to refit the 2nd part and i think at least i heard the cords right this time. Maybe its a bit better now...

Attached File  collab_twist.mp3 ( 1.65MB ) Number of downloads: 95

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
post Aug 23 2009, 02:11 PM
Post #132

Experienced Rock Star

Member No.: 3.056

Here you go Emir, back from London, had time to record a new take before I go back smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
post Aug 23 2009, 02:23 PM
Post #133

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (twist @ Aug 23 2009, 12:42 PM) *
Hm, ill check the tuning... And i will try to find a warmer sound.

The second part is totaly confusing me. You wrote a line of chords at the beginning of this thread and i tried to figure out how theyre played in the song. Its not just one beat for every chord, and i have a hard time to find out which chord is played where...

Check my lesson "neoclassical solo for beginners", you have chords on the video.

QUOTE (twist @ Aug 23 2009, 01:47 PM) *
and i am back.... i checked the tuning, the guitar was in tune... Maybe something went wrong with the recording. I tried to refit the 2nd part and i think at least i heard the cords right this time. Maybe its a bit better now...

I'll check this out later today smile.gif Thanks

QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Aug 23 2009, 02:11 PM) *
Here you go Emir, back from London, had time to record a new take before I go back smile.gif

Thanks, I'll check it later. How did it go in London?

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
post Aug 23 2009, 02:31 PM
Post #134

Experienced Rock Star

Member No.: 3.056

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Aug 23 2009, 01:23 PM) *
Check my lesson "neoclassical solo for beginners", you have chords on the video.

I'll check this out later today smile.gif Thanks

Thanks, I'll check it later. How did it go in London?

Pretty well, I'm returning next tuesday probably to do an academic exam and than I'm starting the Diploma in ICMP smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
MigeZ
post Aug 23 2009, 05:26 PM
Post #135

Member No.: 6.842

I'm sad to say this Emir but I have to sign out thanks to the beginning of my highschool sad.gif I have no time to do anything at all atm so my take if I somehow managed to record one wouldn't be what I wanted it to be so sry mate. But do not worry my friends after I somehow manage to gain control of my essays etc. I will be recording my song which I have already written smile.gif
Cheers ppl cya smile.gif
sad.gif

--------------------
MigeZ
What doesn't kill you
Will only make you stronger

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
post Aug 23 2009, 05:34 PM
Post #136

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (MigeZ @ Aug 23 2009, 05:26 PM) *
I'm sad to say this Emir but I have to sign out thanks to the beginning of my highschool sad.gif I have no time to do anything at all atm so my take if I somehow managed to record one wouldn't be what I wanted it to be so sry mate. But do not worry my friends after I somehow manage to gain control of my essays etc. I will be recording my song which I have already written smile.gif
Cheers ppl cya smile.gif
sad.gif

No problem MigeZ, thanks for trying smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
leedbreak
post Aug 24 2009, 03:51 AM
Post #137

Member No.: 1.215

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Aug 23 2009, 06:15 AM) *
Many wrong notes in this one. You can leave this take if you want but this can be done much better. I advise you to first compose one note per bar, but one correct note. Then add a second one somewhere when you think it sounds good. After that add the third and the fourth in some parts. That way you can't go wrong. You need to know which scale in which moment you should play. I explained that in my intro post and some other responses to other participants. Also you should be able to hear when some note just doesn't match the chord progression. If you can't then write down your scales and the chord progression and try to read from the paper. I should have done a video of me explaining scales but I think now it's too late as the deadline is close. Your sound has some chorus or flanger. That's not a bad thing but in this style of music I hardly remember that I heard something like that smile.gif If you have time try another take but if you can't I will comment on this one.

Ouch "one correct note"

Dang. I knew I was off in some places, but never this bad. sad.gif I tried to use the scales you mentioned, but had to guess for the ones you did not (G dim 7 chord). I wrote most of this in tabs while looking at the scales. And changed to the scale chart as you said to. I posted the tabs below, but again I never thought I was off this much. You are right there is not enough time and surly not enough motivation to do it again. It kinda hurts. Like making an F on a test you studied for hours on. Cause I did spend more time on this one than ever. And the same test that I felt fairly good about handing in.

As far as the effects go I recorded through my pod with no FX. I then added just what my software has, which is not much, but my NBT was as dry as you asked for it to be The effects I used were not going into the final mix as you were going to add them. No need to comment I will just remove my take, and withdraw. After your comments here, your real comments might would cause suicidal tendencies.

As I said, I knew I was off in places. But off as far as you say just blew me away.

Attached File  emirpart1.gp5 ( 2.61K ) Number of downloads: 34

Attached File  emirpart2.gp5 ( 2.35K ) Number of downloads: 32

Here is an mp3 of my tab's midi playing with the backing. The second progression was not as good as the first however, I was really thinking I had it close sad.gif

Attached File  Leed_Tabsandbacking.mp3 ( 1.13MB ) Number of downloads: 80

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Aug 24 2009, 04:21 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
jafomatic
post Aug 24 2009, 05:24 AM
Post #138

Member No.: 7.145

QUOTE (leedbreak @ Aug 23 2009, 09:51 PM) *
Ouch "one correct note"

I don't think you read Emir's post correctly. He's advising a strategy, not counting your "out of scale" notes. What he's suggesting is to start composing with only 1 note per measure and to also make it "one correct note per measure" during composition.

I feel like you may have skimmed or simply misread the rest of what he was suggesting to you.

Also of note: I recorded this 2 measures at a time, from the end, until I reached the middle. Then I recorded the beginning. huh.gif

Attached File  EHSNS_jafomatic_fin_wbt.mp3 ( 2.84MB ) Number of downloads: 100

Attached File  EHSNS_jafomatic_fin_nbt.mp3 ( 2.84MB ) Number of downloads: 71

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
post Aug 24 2009, 09:40 AM
Post #139

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (leedbreak @ Aug 24 2009, 03:51 AM) *
Here is an mp3 of my tab's midi playing with the backing. The second progression was not as good as the first however, I was really thinking I had it close sad.gif

No need for suicidal tendencies smile.gif My comments have always been as honest as possible. I think that's better than saying "awesome take" which is not going to help you. Jafomatic is right, I didn't count your wrong notes I was just trying to give you some helpful directions. There are wrong notes in some scales. If you want I can comment on this but I prefer that you produce the best take you can. Now if you let me do it I am happy to fix these issuses in your GP files and you can learn that. I will not change your structure just move some notes to the right fret. You have solid melody foundation and that works as it is. It can only sound better if we fix these issues.

QUOTE (twist @ Aug 23 2009, 01:47 PM) *

There are a couple of wrong notes in there but overall is acceptable take. Do you have GP file of this so I can fix it for you? If not then leave it and I will point to those in my comments. You need stronger gain for this sound. You're nearly losing sustain because your drive is very light.

QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Aug 23 2009, 02:11 PM) *

Hi. I have just heard this. Nice take. There are only a couple of notes that could be better but you can leave this take if you want. It wasn't something very serious.

QUOTE (jafomatic @ Aug 24 2009, 05:24 AM) *
I don't think you read Emir's post correctly. He's advising a strategy, not counting your "out of scale" notes. What he's suggesting is to start composing with only 1 note per measure and to also make it "one correct note per measure" during composition.

I feel like you may have skimmed or simply misread the rest of what he was suggesting to you.

Also of note: I recorded this 2 measures at a time, from the end, until I reached the middle. Then I recorded the beginning. huh.gif

Attached File  EHSNS_jafomatic_fin_wbt.mp3 ( 2.84MB ) Number of downloads: 100

Attached File  EHSNS_jafomatic_fin_nbt.mp3 ( 2.84MB ) Number of downloads: 71

Nice take Jafo. Thanks smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Sergio Dorado
post Aug 24 2009, 09:42 AM
Post #140

Flamenco Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 4.906

Hi Emir. Here is my take. I´ve put two different tracks for the solo (mono and stereo) because when I´ve exported to mono appears a little points of noise in the lows ( I don´t know why). The stereo version sounds more clear to me, may be you can converted it if you think it´s necessary. Thanks.
Attached File  Slow_Bt.mp3 ( 1.65MB ) Number of downloads: 119

Attached File  Slow_no_bt.mp3 ( 1.1MB ) Number of downloads: 87

Attached File  Slow_no_bt_stereo.mp3 ( 1.65MB ) Number of downloads: 80

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 04:09 PM